Biggest sony PVM

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hello
I've got no idea here I should put this, so I posted it here.

I've just seen that there was a 45" PVM, the PVM-4300.
Does anyone on here have one? Or a picture of one?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Hello
I've got no idea here I should put this, so I posted it here.

I've just seen that there was a 45" PVM, the PVM-4300.
Does anyone on here have one? Or a picture of one?

Sounds like the kind of thing you would need a forklift to move around.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Since I don't want to create another thread...

A semi-local gammer has a pair of PVM's for sale.

How much should I offer for each one?

PVM-20M2MDU
PVM-14N2U

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
There's one pic I've seen of it and haven't been able to find again with a quick search....but scale in pictures (especially blurry ones from 1995 or so) can be a bitch and there's no way to confirm it was the 4300 and not the WAY more common 32" PVM-3230 (like I don't even remember seeing the little feet it has sticking out on the front in the pic). I'm honestly not convinced Sony every produced more than a few of these (they were 441 pounds and even recommend 2x steel guide wires connected to supports of the building so you don't kill anybody if it falls over lol), but would be happy to be proved wrong if there's some clear photos of it out there.

If you're looking for something large, look for that 3230 I mentioned. In the states at least two of them have popped up on Craigslist in the last week or so (you can't have mine though ;).

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Since I don't want to create another thread...

A semi-local gammer has a pair of PVM's for sale.

How much should I offer for each one?

PVM-20M2MDU
PVM-14N2U

By me a 20M2 goes for $300-450 – they can fetch way more on eBay. 14N2 I wouldn't pay (and this was if there was nothing else around and I was desperate and didn't already own many PVM/BVM's) like $150 absolute max. More like $100 (but who friggin knows...a serviced 14M2 just went for over $600 on eBay...and it was a legit sale).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
By me a 20M2 goes for $300-450 – they can fetch way more on eBay. 14N2 I wouldn't pay (and this was if there was nothing else around and I was desperate and didn't already own many PVM/BVM's) like $150 absolute max. More like $100 (but who friggin knows...a serviced 14M2 just went for over $600 on eBay...and it was a legit sale).

Well he's more asking how much he would lowball the seller so he can resell thirty minutes later. You know, with all that humping his does to flip those records he buys.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I have a NEC XM43 and SD content pretty much looks like hot trash on it, it does 720p and that looks awesome on it. Yeah it weighs like 400 pounds. Haven't been able to get rgb working on it, i use it for the VGA connection. Some modern devices work with it using a cheapo HDMI to Vga converter as well.

Somebody recently recently gave/traded me a PVM-9L2
Anybody have a 12v power cable for it?
Also the manual says its not compatible with the RGB card can anybody confirm?

Ahh it probably doesn't matter it has the best digital comb filter ever and i'm sure you can't tell the difference between RGB and svideo on a 9" screen.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well he's more asking how much he would lowball the seller so he can resell thirty minutes later. You know, with all that humping his does to flip those records he buys.

Actually, I am looking at getting back into mod work. The type of stuff I retired from half a decade before you joined the forums.

But thank you.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Actually, I am looking at getting back into mod work. The type of stuff I retired from half a decade before you joined the forums.

But thank you.

Oh yea, cause you like to throw around that join date. I was fixing machines before you joined too if you wanna be a shithead.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
My megaview was 29 inches and it was a beast!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Changing the marquee bulbs at Aladdin's Castle isn't fixing machines.

Never worked there. You musta got me mixed up with you handing out tokens out of your little apron. Was working with an old tv repair guy and I was fixing vcrs and also pcs from the 8 bit era. Also restored machines with a local op years ago as well. Try again, putting led bulbs in power buttons isn't my idea of modding son.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
NORTON V PANDA

giphy.gif

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
You're nuts if you pay more than $250 for a PVM.
There's 15 in my apartment right now and I topped out at $250 for a 2530.
This is in Nebraska, and the Midwest is supposedly a desert for this stuff.

Don't believe the hype

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You have 15 in your apartment? Don't tell me you lay a mattress on top of them to sleep.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
You have 15 in your apartment? Don't tell me you lay a mattress on top of them to sleep.

Hey baby, check out my sweet PVM futon.

If you turn them all on in the winter you don’t need to pay for heat either.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey baby, check out my sweet PVM futon.

If you turn them all on in the winter you don’t need to pay for heat either.

What's that high frequency sound? Oh that's just the 15 PVM's under our bed hun go back to bed.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You're nuts if you pay more than $250 for a PVM.
There's 15 in my apartment right now and I topped out at $250 for a 2530.
This is in Nebraska, and the Midwest is supposedly a desert for this stuff.

Don't believe the hype

Virgin.