Building My SuperGun :)

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Well I have it seems...1/2 way done buidling my SuperGun..and my fingers are burned...the power supply i bought doesnt work...but I will continue tommorow...on the instruction sheet..it said to use a stripboard...and I couldnt find any of those at any electronic place...so I improvised...go to radio shack and find a board there...GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PEOPLE MAKING THEIR OWN!!!
smile.gif

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
What are you doing for video out ? Are you going to NTSC ? What encoder are you using ?

searchingtom

Fox1

20 Year Member
Im gonna do NTSC ya...using the composite cables on my TV..thats where the video is going to...what encoder do you recommend?

Mike

Bead Banger
I like the jrock one. However, I see the input for the video but what about the sound?

Fox1

20 Year Member
Wait...so I need one of these if I build my own supergun with composite out?

Mike

Bead Banger
Well the chip is also called a decoder board becuase it decodes the video from the JAMMA harness to display it on your T.V. I noticed that chad's site has no information on this chip. It might be because T.V.'s in the Uk are SCART.

Check me if I'm wrong please!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yes. You need the RGB to NTSC converter if you want to hook your 'Home Made' Super Gun up to the T.V.
What I suggest you do is find an commercial RGB monitor or Arcade monitor and hook your gun up to that. RGB is the only way to enjoy the visuals.
brhead5.gif

-BB