NFL Thread 2020 Season — No Pats fans allowed

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'd definitely prefer to roll with him over trying the late 1st round QB roulette over and over, but with that said...

I'm not opposed to at least trying this, Trask looks like he could be good.

I don't follow college football much. I'm assuming this is not the Trask you are referring to...

trask.png

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've mentioned this to Tweek, but Rams v. Chiefs was the best game of the decade. Goff certainly has his moments, but agree, it's inconsistent.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I've mentioned this to Tweek, but Rams v. Chiefs was the best game of the decade. Goff certainly has his moments, but agree, it's inconsistent.

Are you referring to that Monday night game from a couple years ago? That was a good one. Not sure if it’s game of the decade though. The Eagles-Pats super bowl was pretty damn incredible and the highest stakes.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Most fun, then? I’ll give you that the stakes weren’t as high (yes, that SB was a very good game), I liked the hype, the circumstances (acrid smoke over stomped Mexican grass), and really, the high score back and forth. Wouldn’t even say the defenses were bad- just that the offenses were on another level.

I felt I was seeing the future.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll say, its always sadly amusing when you're a fan of a terrible team and you get to hear their never-ending "positive attitude" garbage over and over all season. So many stupid head coach slogans and phrases...over and over.

The Bears are going to get slaughtered by GB next weekend.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Detroit stunk, as they usually do on Turkey Day.

Cowboys currently losing to the Red...er...a...Washington Football Team. Winner gets temporary first of the NFC Least.

Ravens COVID' the Steelers, moved to Sunday.

Larry Fitzgerald also got COVID'...won't play for the Cardinals Sunday.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Seeing "Football Team" in sports headlines will never not be funny and is totally befitting of that garbage fire of a franchise. That said, they've got good building blocks on D and, assuming they don't foolishly win the NFC East (which I doubt given their schedule), they should be able to get another high draft pick and continue building. Preferably on the O-line or in the secondary.

Lions finally fired Patricia. Should've happened in the offseason but Lions gonna Lion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Seeing "Football Team" in sports headlines will never not be funny and is totally befitting of that garbage fire of a franchise. That said, they've got good building blocks on D and, assuming they don't foolishly win the NFC East (which I doubt given their schedule), they should be able to get another high draft pick and continue building. Preferably on the O-line or in the secondary.

Lions finally fired Patricia. Should've happened in the offseason but Lions gonna Lion.

Patricia sucks. Bevell however, does not. I am genuinely curious how the Lions will do with Bevell managing the team. He was great as OC under Carroll. I imagine that this is like stumbling onto a treasure for Detroit. But of course, we’ll see.

Washington is favored to win the NFCE by the remaining schedule. The rest of the teams will face just as hard if not harder competition than Football Team, so it’s Football Team’s division to lose now. And for me it’s ok if they win and get 19th in the draft, or even 32nd (lulz) because I want them to get a good LT or TE. Guys like Leatherwood, Cosmi, Pitts, Friarmuth, Wyatt, so many options.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Dolphins fan here. We've been doing pretty good so far though Tua has a jammed thumb on his throwing hand and will likely miss the Jets game. It's cool though, Fitzpatrick shut out New York the last time we played.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s amazing that Tua has less yards than Dwayne Haskins, who hasn’t played since October.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fitzpatrick is much better than Tua right now anyway. The Broncos defense made Tua look every bit the rookie he is.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Fitzpatrick is much better than Tua right now anyway. The Broncos defense made Tua look every bit the rookie he is.

Credit Fangio where it's due. Guy may be the worst time manager on the planet, but he does know defense.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Broncos playing a practice squad WR at QB tomorrow. The back up is third string RB Royce Freeman.

Driskel, Lock, Rypien, Bortles all on the rona list

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Broncos playing a practice squad WR at QB tomorrow. The back up is third string RB Royce Freeman.

Driskel, Lock, Rypien, Bortles all on the rona list

Just read that a moment ago. Now the 49'ers may not have a home stadium to play at since San Francisco banned all forms of contact sports.

Steelers and Ravens put more players on the COVID list. Tuesday's game, which was Sunday, which was Thursday is in big trouble.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
It’s amazing that Tua has less yards than Dwayne Haskins, who hasn’t played since October.
He hasn't needed to have mind blowing stats. Have you seen the way the Dolphins defense and special teams have looked previous to the Denver game?

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll

Credit the Dolphins offensive line with that poor performance. It's kinda hard to get into a rythym when theirs multiple guys in the backfield getting pressure. I'm just glad Tua didnt end up like Joe Burrow. Expect Miami to address those offensive line issues.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I am going out of my way to watch this game. I think it will be hilarious.

I love that they tried to get the NFL to let them use a coach at QB. Too bad they said no cause I would've watched that in a second.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I love that they tried to get the NFL to let them use a coach at QB. Too bad they said no cause I would've watched that in a second.

If they’d put John Elway in, this would be the highest rated NFL game of the past 20 years. Not that Elway was ever that great with ratings, but rather that he’s 60 now.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
If they’d put John Elway in, this would be the highest rated NFL game of the past 20 years. Not that Elway was ever that great with ratings, but rather that he’s 60 now.

Oh agree, 100%. I'd watch that game just to watch Elway take a few hits in the modern NFL.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So what are the odds that Ravens-Steelers game gets cancelled? Thought that was gonna be the game of the week and it keeps getting moved.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Went to the Dolphins / Bengals game Sunday. Thrilled my Dolphins won. I initially bought the tickets thinking it was going to be a shootout between Tua and Joe Burrow, but then Burrow goes down hard to an injury earlier this year and so at the very least I got to see Tua play who had 296 yards passing with one touchdown and no interceptions.
Next week will be the hardest test we could possibly get when we face Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Last edited: