Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Pre-ordered an AES and Genesis carts,, hopefully they do the AES logo looks so much better that way.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
yall are some autistic fucks

This scene is a magnet for them. Hardly anyone plays the games, they just want them all to look nice on a shelf.

Bitmap brothers, please conform with the wishes of autistic neck beards before one of them emerges from their parents basement and head butts them.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
You guys can shit on it all you want but it looks fucking moronic to have 1 game just be the wrong standard. Especially when its appealing to such a niche market. You need to pander to your demographic or not aim for it at all.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
You guys can shit on it all you want but it looks fucking moronic to have 1 game just be the wrong standard. Especially when its appealing to such a niche market. You need to pander to your demographic or not aim for it at all.

Don't fucking buy it then. Play the rom. If you're the demographic then the scene is well and truly done

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Don't fucking buy it then. Play the rom. If you're the demographic then the scene is well and truly done

Or get Mai_Lover or whatever to make you a new one then shred the uncorrected one. All it will take is a small paypal donation.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Doesnt matter what you guys think unless you've already ponied up your cash for the AES version and, god forbid you idiots ever get into the market of manufacturing products or goods for people. You most certainly should be catering your items towards real customers who will buy them. Over all everyones just a bunch of bitchy fags on a internet forum but, the bitchy fags buying stuff are the ones that matter, not the other way around.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Doesnt matter what you guys think unless you've already ponied up your cash for the AES version and, god forbid you idiots ever get into the market of manufacturing products or goods for people. You most certainly should be catering your items towards real customers who will buy them. Over all everyones just a bunch of bitchy fags on a internet forum but, the bitchy fags buying stuff are the ones that matter, not the other way around.

Doesn't matter what you think either if you've already given them the cash.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
...You most certainly should be catering your items towards real customers who will buy them...

Yeah! Fuck all the spritework, developing the game, testing, fabricating the cart, making sure the game is good...etc. The logo ruins everything and is the most important part. They obviously missed the mark for shelftards.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah! Fuck all the spritework, developing the game, testing, fabricating the cart, making sure the game is good...etc. The logo ruins everything and is the most important part. They obviously missed the mark for shelftards.

I am flabbergasted, just flabbergasted that no one else is saying, "Hey, how about a complete graphics overhaul to take advantage of the Neo's capabilities instead of a straight Genesis/Mega Drive port with an added intro and attract screen?"

Instead got a bunch of fucking losers whining about how the spine looks, completely and utterly unrelated to the game itself. Disgusted and ashamed anyone would put the cover art over the game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I am flabbergasted, just flabbergasted that no one else is saying, "Hey, how about a complete graphics overhaul to take advantage of the Neo's capabilities instead of a straight Genesis/Mega Drive port with an added intro and attract screen?"

Instead got a bunch of fucking losers whining about how the spine looks, completely and utterly unrelated to the game itself. Disgusted and ashamed anyone would put the cover art over the game.

I mean yeah, you have a good point. It is a little embarrassing. I don't know..

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

You're the wind beneath my wings.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Out of interest, have people on Sega forums complained about the Megadrive or Dreamcast cover art, or is it just the Neo•Geo shelf-queens being twats?

Ir0n

n00b
You guys fighting over logos on a aes clam shell when the real issue we need to be focusing on is if the cardboard on the MVS box is the right shade of brown.. if you compare it to a REAL MVS box it's a lighter watery shit brown.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Out of interest, have people on Sega forums complained about the Megadrive or Dreamcast cover art, or is it just the Neo•Geo shelf-queens being twats?

I dunno, but I do recall when Super Fighter Team started releasing new MD games people were annoyed that their cover art kinda blended US and JP art styles instead of sticking to one or the other.

On a personal note, I am annoyed that a lot of my DC homebrew stuff is in a DVD case, but it has more to do with keeping things neat in a storage container than anything, when stuff isn't the same size I have to get creative.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think imdie-homebrewers should be afforded creative control over how to package their wares. Why the fuck make it look like the real deal when it isn't - at all?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I dunno, but I do recall when Super Fighter Team started releasing new MD games people were annoyed that their cover art kinda blended US and JP art styles instead of sticking to one or the other.

On a personal note, I am annoyed that a lot of my DC homebrew stuff is in a DVD case, but it has more to do with keeping things neat in a storage container than anything, when stuff isn't the same size I have to get creative.
To be fair thier first art work for begger prince was fucking awful. Looked like a retard drew the shit in ms paint

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member

I’m pretty happy with the effort they are putting into the NEO improvements:

“We are really excited to be able to bring Xeno Crisis to the Neo Geo, and we’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations.

These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc...”

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
They also said the Genesis version would release in October 2018. Talk is cheap, so we'll see.

They also said the Genesis version would release in October 2018. Talk is cheap, so we'll see.

Unfortunately our Mega Drive / Dreamcast / Neo Geo coder Matt suffered a serious head injury in the summer, which is largely why the launch date has been pushed back. We also added a few extras (including an a whole new area on top of the original 6), which affected the schedule somewhat too. We've been keeping everyone updated through our regular Kickstarter updates here in case you've missed them:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/updates

-SD-

Camel Slug
That sounds like a pretty valid reason for a delay... hope Matt’s fully recovered and feeling fine. Thanks for keeping us updated.