The remainings of my SNK collection

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
pssssst, new guy: don't anger theMot.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Good you got some compensation for that.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ok so finally I got the money back (little less than $3000). It didn't take me long to find ideas on how to spend it. I think I won't go back to AES again, prices are really to high nowadays and the market is plagued by scammers, bootlegs, etc.
So here is my new toy:
DSCN4334.JPG

I've cleaned it, plugged the second coin slot, plugged headphones (only left side as right jack connector and harness are missing), repaired the 2 credit displays and changed the switches of buttons C & D of 1st player.
Still have to rebuild/find harness for right headphones and for the memory card reader, and fix the marquee lights.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
That cab looks like a Candy and a Big Red had a miscarriage :keke:. JK, looks quite nice. Are those the official SNK cabs in New Zealand? Does it have a 6-slot in it?

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
That cab looks like a Candy and a Big Red had a miscarriage :keke:. JK, looks quite nice. Are those the official SNK cabs in New Zealand? Does it have a 6-slot in it?
Yes this is the official 6 slot cabinet for the pacific area (Australia, NZ, Papua New Guinea, etc.).
And yes it has a 6 slot inside. I've started to fix it and so far only slots 5 & 6 work.
thats a really neat looking cab, congrats!
Thanks. It's been a while since I saw that kind of cabinet in decent condition so I jumped on the gun.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Never seen that button config, kinda weird... has its logic, but implies a forced position of the hand...

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
As someone said, this is a very interesting looking cab! Congrats on getting back into the game, and for getting at least some money back

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Really sorry to hear about you loosing your collection. I had a lot of stuff damaged myself when I moved to Australia.

That's a nice cab mate. It's not the standard button config for a 6 slotter in the Asia Pac region though. It looks like a repro contour panel which has borrowed the button layout from the 4 slot Lowboy version. I have one of the lowboys myself.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Ok so finally I got the money back (little less than $3000). It didn't take me long to find ideas on how to spend it. I think I won't go back to AES again, prices are really to high nowadays and the market is plagued by scammers, bootlegs, etc.
So here is my new toy:
(Pic)

Damn. Good to hear you got this resolved. A long time ago, the apartment I was in was burglarized, and all they took was my video game collection (not much as a child, but a collection). It sucks when your stuffs missing, but you it sounds like you had a good ending. That cab, though... I'd never seen one like that. A strange looker, but I wouldn't turn it away.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It's not the standard button config for a 6 slotter in the Asia Pac region though. It looks like a repro contour panel which has borrowed the button layout from the 4 slot Lowboy version. I have one of the lowboys myself.
Damned! I checked on hardmvs and you're right: that's not the original button layout! Now I need to find the correct panel...

Damn. Good to hear you got this resolved. A long time ago, the apartment I was in was burglarized, and all they took was my video game collection (not much as a child, but a collection). It sucks when your stuffs missing, but you it sounds like you had a good ending. That cab, though... I'd never seen one like that. A strange looker, but I wouldn't turn it away.
Partly solved... Of course I had some money back but do you know a place where I could get 3 AES systems + ~30 AES games including MS, BS, etc. + 20 MVS games for $3000? This is life, I'm all into MVS now!

fluxcore

Another Striker
I wouldn't be surprised if no cabs in NZ have the 'official' control panel. If Coin Cascade did this to one machine, it's probably the case with every MVS cab in NZ, they pretty much controlled everything AFAICT. Pretty rare to see any arcade stuff here without some C/C engraving on it. I can't recall specific layouts I've seen in the past, but I definitely remember weird layouts in general.

This layout is a little awkward, would probably be difficult with fighting games. But not too bad.

Otherwise a very nice cab :)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Damned! I checked on hardmvs and you're right: that's not the original button layout! Now I need to find the correct panel...

Partly solved... Of course I had some money back but do you know a place where I could get 3 AES systems + ~30 AES games including MS, BS, etc. + 20 MVS games for $3000? This is life, I'm all into MVS now!
Give Carson at noodleshirt in NSW a shout and tell him Dave in Perth sent you. He should be able to help with the overlay/panel ;)

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Give Carson at noodleshirt in NSW a shout and tell him Dave in Perth sent you. He should be able to help with the overlay/panel ;)

Thanks but I think fluxcore was right.
I called the guy who sold me the cabinet and he said all their cabinets had the same layout.
The panel I have is the original one.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
No worries mate, as long as you want the NZ version you are sorted :)
I am used to that layout myself anyway and have no issues with it on the lowboy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice cabinet there Apocalypse! I've never liked the original sticks on them but I get it'd look pretty sexy with Sanwa/Seimitsu sticks installed ;)

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
It should display credits on both sides, but lack fbi screen as seen on usa bios.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, eu bios has one credit display only. When you can, can you check default settings about blood in Samurai Shodown or KOF.