Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
59e73b2c2957a2658a96f6d0e95f8719.jpg

!!!!!!

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I'd love to hear more general things from ex-FACE employees. I had no idea any of them were contactable at all. I have a dream of Money Idol Exchanger source, though that's of course out of reach. Very interested in any info that can be revealed about this proto.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can't send PMs but I was hoping I could get a price on one shipped to spain?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can't wait for the Mugen sprite rips...it could turn out pretty awesome.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It seems like every place that is reporting on this is saying that this is a D&D or D&D-esque game when it really isn't. The reason why they all think this is that there is a D&D placard during the reveal. The game that was running on that TV before the reveal just happens to be D&D. It wasn't removed before the live demo started. That's also the reason why there is a Saturn controller sitting there.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, it certainly seems D&D-esque to me due to the medieval fantasy characters and the lawful/neutral/chaotic alignments.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Hmmmn...2006...56 post...I think that's a pretty ironic statement.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
^Hmmmn...2006...56 post...I think that's a pretty ironic statement.

Lol, been a lurker for a long time. Only posting now as I met with the whole community at MGC and they really got me in to it. Who knows though, you're probably right. I'll probably be gone in less than a year...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Quick info: prob a face developed game as the debug menu is very similar to the one in money idol exchanger - see:
http://www.neo-geo.com/wiki/index.p...#Money_Puzzle_Exchanger_.5Bne7.2BKagami007.5D

I'm sure there will many more games based of the same development kit than the three we know now (MIE, VFG and this proto).

So far everything seems to tie together nicely. What I guess everyone really wants to know now from those involved in the original dev of the game is if there was ever a more playable version of the game built, one outside of the DEV setup. Basically a build that includes all the data that would be loaded into the storage cards on request (the DEV format) in the normal ROM spec format. Hopefully they can comment on this if they remember.

If not would any of them have access to any of the missing data, S1, M1 or V, especially S1. I can see the game is trying to draw energy bars and timer. There are also power bars at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10157.html

It's been updated since the last time I posted.

Kouji Ogata ---

@fifth_coin You're absolutely correct. A number of Gowkaizer staff including myself moved to FACE and we launched it as a new project. Btw there's one character that's not human in the game, and I was involved in creating his movements.

The character that you worked on was being handled by someone else at the time when I was around. I think you probably came after I had left FACE.

I hope that helped a bit. Also coincedently, I recently made contact with Asai-san although it was for an unrelated case.

These are all from translated tweets.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
To those who may have direct or indirect contact with former Face Corporation developers or workers, etc. (it's hard for me to follow it all because I don't use Twitter or Facebook and the links and pics to these outside places are confusing) but if perhaps someone could bring up two questions from which answers may be helpful to this investigation.

1) The name "Dragon's Heaven" was mentioned as a possible working title, it made me look at some working titles I have on a list, and among them was "book dead - protection of Heaven" (or something like that as my translator was not the best in the world at the time I had it translated) Could someone run that name by one of the staff members that has come forward and see if it sounds familiar?

2) Do any former Face staff know how far along development (if at all) the games "Ultimate 4" or "King of Athletes" were before they were canceled?