lol ,look at the size of this house spider

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
:eek: my missus and daughter would have a heart attack if this was in our house.

the bloke's bloody stupid too.:oh_no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

I'd hardly call him stupid. It's a huntsman spider, and harmless. We have them here too. I had quite a few in my house in the past year, although not nearly as big. I let them be. I figure the more spiders I have the less chance I have getting roaches.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i assumed it was dangerous after the way he runs like fuck when he misses it.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Even if harmless, I think I would have run too if it had dropped on me

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I am not abnormally creeped out by spiders but that was kind of...yeah, I'd be calling a pro to get rid of that thing. Even if I wanted to kill it, it'd be way too gross and squishy.

BattraxZ

Banned
Thanks alphagamer.
I used to live more in the woods than I do now and had to deal with probably 7 or so bats in the house. not all at once but multiple bats on one occasion:eek_2:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My GF always makes me kill the spiders and it kind of annoys me. They're not very big and they take care of the occasional insects.

I can co-exist with them.

Something that big would simply have to go though.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thanks alphagamer.
I used to live more in the woods than I do now and had to deal with probably 7 or so bats in the house. not all at once but multiple bats on one occasion:eek_2:

Bats don't bother me at all, but I'm fuckin' deathly afraid of spiders.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to have a pet fox bat, they're huge and have faces like a dog, they're actually really beautiful creatures. And they subsist entirely on fruit. Fuckin' cool.

Flying%20Fox%20Bat.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
Now that was a big spider. I would be using the spare bottle of Raid I always have ready to go and/or the vacuum...

With how chaotic the video got, I was waiting for the spider to suddenly appear in front of the camera and smash the lens in an abrupt ending.

it would have to die...or pay rent:lolz:

:lolz:

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
only thing i dont get was what he planned to do once he had the tupperware over it....nail it down and leave it?

suffocate it perhaps?

seemed an odd tactic...

aria

Former Moderator
only thing i dont get was what he planned to do once he had the tupperware over it....nail it down and leave it?

suffocate it perhaps?

seemed an odd tactic...

I think he thought it would sit in it long enough to get a lid on so he could either take it outside or keep it or something --as though the spider, if it had been trapped, wouldn't have started freaking out and trying to get out at any opportunity.

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
video's description says "as seen on leno"

because of that, i will not watch.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Man, you guys wouldn't last long in Australia. Those spiders are everywhere. More specifically during summer. They have a nasty bite but aren't deadly. Hence most people ignore them.

I work fixing phone lines and the bastards always decide that an Elevated or Aerial joint makes a perfect home. They shed their skin too. You may spot one and think, no big deal until you realise it's grown.

I like this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCO56iyBXtU

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Yeah, my mate went out to Austrailia and said the spiders were fucking huge.
Makes me feel glad i live in a cool climate with normal sized house spiders :)

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'd hardly call him stupid. It's a huntsman spider, and harmless. We have them here too. I had quite a few in my house in the past year, although not nearly as big. I let them be. I figure the more spiders I have the less chance I have getting roaches.

This.

Last summer I had an orb weaver spider who'd build a huge web in the upper corner of my bedroom every night. More power to her, she sat on her web eating any stray mosquitoes that got inside.