Paul Manafort

Marek

Banned
I take it America is not great again, yet?

In some sort of way it is actually becoming great again.

Mueller was and is a Republican, appointed by a Republican, but unlike the craven shitstains in the Senate he has chosen to uphold democracy.

/me shrugs

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Trump and his followers aren’t republicans either. They are populists.

That dude in Texas retiring early is a republican though - his platform is purely economic.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Boehner was the subject of a great piece that came out recently, where he blamed the fall of American politics on the new media, where people no longer have to read the news they don't like, the way they did a decade ago - now they can pick which news they get. And that's where you get the Breitbart feeders.

New Media is like a free version of "The Ron Paul Newsletter".

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm really talking more about people like my aunt from Detroit. She is in no way a confederate sympathizer or anything like that.

She just eats breitbart for breakfast lunch and dinner. Specifically the anti Clinton shit. It's like her life force, her hatred of that woman.

Is she like my grandmother who was kinda into Hilary when she was running against a black man? Then 8 Years later, Hilary is the worst person on the planet.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Trump and his followers aren’t republicans either. They are populists.

That dude in Texas retiring early is a republican though - his platform is purely economic.

Aren't they fake populists? They say they're operating in he interest of the people but are really out for themselves and their corpo buddies.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'd argue rank and file Republican politicians are more just your standard corporate oligarchs who use Jesus as their wedge issue to divide and conquer (as opposed to Democrats who are oligarchs that use identity politics as their wedge issue). They make the kool-aid.

Trump and his buffoons are what happens when you let the people who drank the kool-aid run the show. It's all of the evil with none of the subtlety or sense of decorum. His fans like that he has none of the subtlety or decorum but neglect the fact that he's still evil and will still take every opportunity to fuck them out of their money and freedoms.

Thankfully, he's such an egomaniac and so terrible at anything required of a politician (diplomacy, bargaining, tact), he'll continue to fall on his face when trying to accomplish anything that isn't EXACTLY what "his" party wants.

Marek

Banned
I'd argue rank and file Republican politicians are more just your standard corporate oligarchs who use Jesus as their wedge issue to divide and conquer (as opposed to Democrats who are oligarchs that use identity politics as their wedge issue). They make the kool-aid.

Trump and his buffoons are what happens when you let the people who drank the kool-aid run the show. It's all of the evil with none of the subtlety or sense of decorum. His fans like that he has none of the subtlety or decorum but neglect the fact that he's still evil and will still take every opportunity to fuck them out of their money and freedoms.

Thankfully, he's such an egomaniac and so terrible at anything required of a politician (diplomacy, bargaining, tact), he'll continue to fall on his face when trying to accomplish anything that isn't EXACTLY what "his" party wants.

Great noob!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Fox News is now having a field day because "The Podesta group did the same thing as Manafort". I can't tell what the actual details are, but apparently the group is under investigation by Mueller.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fox News is now having a field day because "The Podesta group did the same thing as Manafort". I can't tell what the actual details are, but apparently the group is under investigation by Mueller.

Someone needs to tell the conservatives that Hillary isn’t president.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd argue rank and file Republican politicians are more just your standard corporate oligarchs who use Jesus as their wedge issue to divide and conquer (as opposed to Democrats who are oligarchs that use identity politics as their wedge issue). They make the kool-aid..

Are you saying that republicans don't use identity politics? I know it might be a bit harder to see since they are increasingly focusing on a single identity.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Every time I hear Trump talk about "Extreme Vetting", I am reminded of Manafort.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Are you saying that republicans don't use identity politics? I know it might be a bit harder to see since they are increasingly focusing on a single identity.

Fair point. I guess I've just always seen the racial dog whistling and blowing up brown people as a subset of their Christian death cult.