What do we have here?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Just wondering, since this came up as part of a conversation I was having with someone, roughly how many MVS games have any of you come across in your lifetimes? Since it seems to have been the most common way to play the Neo·Geo as well as to find out about its games since 1990, I'm just wondering what kind of exposure some of us have had to the system over the years. I myself have come across at least 55 MVS games, though that leaves out most of the titles. And up to now I think the only games I have ever played at home but not seen in the arcades are Real Bout Fatal Fury, Shin Oh Ken (Ragnagard), Sengoku & Magician Lord. Everything else, I have had to play on emulator just to see what it was like, to see whether or not the real thing was worth hunting down.

Mail Bomber Man

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Back in the day there was quite a few MVS machines at arcades/bowling alleys/family resturants with the standards... Sam Showdowns, Fatal Furys, World Hereos... etc. Back then I bought the conversions on Genesis, SNES, Sega CD, etc.. trying to recreate the arcade feel. Actually, until I went to college I had only really played the older SNK games. School however had four MVS machines with various games on them. These were rotated regularly and included KOF 97, KOF 98, Metal Slug, Puzzle D Pon, Bust-A-Move Again, Magical Drop 2, Aerofighters 2, Double Dragon, Puzzle Bobble... etc. A few arcades out here in Los Angeles also have MVS machines with Garou, KOF 99, Puzzle Bobble... a small japanese resturant by me has Sam Showdown and Magical Drop 2 in a two slot cab, Pizza Hut has Strikers 1945 Plus.. there are some more around town too, but there is always less and less
frown.gif

thundr51

Bead Banger
I remember way back when I was in HS and every would crowd around the MK2 machine in a bowling alley. Right across from it, very much alone there was a 3 slot playing Ninja warriors?,AOF1 and SS2. It was there, after finishing SS2 with .25 I decided I needed to buy that game. Nowadays it's really hard to find MVS systems. I judge malls on how well stocked it's arcade is. If it doesn't have an MVS machine it instantly loses major points with me. At college all we had was a lonely pacman machine...