Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
battle_station.jpg
Here is my Battle Station, which included a bunch of gear.

AI CMVS
SEGA Saturn
Mak Strike Supergun
DATA East Robocop PCB
SEGA Shinobi PCB

All of this is displayed on a Sony PVM via RGB Scart. All of this is controlled with a SEGA HSS-0130 Dual Arcade Stick Pro All of this is set-up on a home-made "skeleton" arcade cabinet.

The arcade-goodness to square-foot ratio of this corner of my house is through the roof!

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Finally joined the MVS club after many years of being NGCD-only (before that AES, but I sold it all to buy a car lmao), have some random games that I kinda accumulated over the years back when MVS stuff was practically being given away that I can finally enjoy (slug2, garou, magical drop 3, kof2003)

9vhXxTM.jpg

e: just realized thread is about CMVS, whoops. I guess it still counts because it's not in a cab :lolz:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
View attachment 34210
Here is my Battle Station, which included a bunch of gear.

AI CMVS
SEGA Saturn
Mak Strike Supergun
DATA East Robocop PCB
SEGA Shinobi PCB

All of this is displayed on a Sony PVM via RGB Scart. All of this is controlled with a SEGA HSS-0130 Dual Arcade Stick Pro All of this is set-up on a home-made "skeleton" arcade cabinet.

The arcade-goodness to square-foot ratio of this corner of my house is through the roof!
Good laughs, good times...

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
Finished this badboy not too long ago. Played it safe by following the guide as much as I could.

Side view:

Corner view (that's dust, not chipped paint):

Plays great and very convenient.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Looks good, I like how that color of green turned out on it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
BytiaN2.jpg

cId3ZY6.jpg

tUZpHw9.jpg

qGpkQY2.jpg

Many thanks to Xian Xi for the encoder board and Beharius for the DIN nuts/bolts (can't ever seem to find decent ones locally).

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool that this thread has gotten some new additions, nice ones at that!

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
CMVS briefcase

This is my CMVS briefcase setup - credit to GummyBear for coming up with the concept.

cmvs1.jpg

cmvs2.jpg

cmvs3.jpg

In terms of features on the front there are two joystick ports and a blue power LED.
On the back Scart RGB out and AC power in with a on/off switch.
The board is a MV-1FZ with Unibios 3.1, the connections are via the jamma connector, which makes it easy to switch boards, should this one ever die. The only thig soldered to the board are two wires for a digital volt meter with switch (located under the front of the board, between the jamma edge and the bottom left corner). RGB is wired via 220ohm resistors to the female scart connector, also the appropirate connections are made to enable proper 4:3 aspect ratio switching and AV input selection.
Build it over c.a. 1.5 weeks, an hour or two every evening or so after work whenever I had the time.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Not sure if I posted this in the thread already but here's my CMVS. Two of four edges of my polycarbonate base are machine cut, the other two are terribly cut by yours truly. Maybe I will finish them with a proper saw in future but overall I am happy.
Has 15pin VGA port for video which is compatible with my VGA -> RGBs BNC cable and 2x RCA for stereo sound. Basic but perfectly able.

RGBs pins have 120ohm resistors (I think that was the ohm rating) and there is a power switch and a barrel jack for the 5v line as well.

mvs1.jpgmvs2.jpg

xsq

This is my CMVS briefcase setup
Pretty sweet! But I guess you have to keep the lid open while playing to have some air circulation in there, right? How did you go about the screws that hold the board and PSU in place - do they just stick out the bottom part?

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Pretty sweet! But I guess you have to keep the lid open while playing to have some air circulation in there, right? How did you go about the screws that hold the board and PSU in place - do they just stick out the bottom part?

I play with the lid closed. I contemplated adding vents and a PC air fan but to be honest this is a non issue as the setup runs very cool. Moreover, I rarely play for more than 1-2h at a time and even then one usually opens the case every so often to change games.
The board and PSU are affixed to the case bottom with silver screws which are pretty much flush with the case bottom and complement the other silver hardware on the case. In no way does this look bad / out of place - in fact I seen pretty similar stuff on cases designed for professional AV / photography equipment, following a 'function over fashion' approach.

xsq

I play with the lid closed. I contemplated adding vents and a PC air fan but to be honest this is a non issue as the setup runs very cool. Moreover, I rarely play for more than 1-2h at a time and even then one usually opens the case every so often to change games.
The board and PSU are affixed to the case bottom with silver screws which are pretty much flush with the case bottom and complement the other silver hardware on the case. In no way does this look bad / out of place - in fact I seen pretty similar stuff on cases designed for professional AV / photography equipment, following a 'function over fashion' approach.
cool.

Ramad

This is my CMVS briefcase setup - credit to GummyBear for coming up with the concept.
[PICS]

Nice.

Question: What kind of camera did you use to take those pics? They're not very large size-wise, but they're very clear.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Nice.

Question: What kind of camera did you use to take those pics? They're not very large size-wise, but they're very clear.

Thanks, as for the camera its just a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone with the pictures resized to more forum friendly size with MS Office Picture Manager.
I think the clarity is just the result of managing to catch some good natural lighting.

LDigital

n00b
I finished wiring my CMVS project this weekend and just have the front panel to do, I'm trying to make it as sleek as possible so will have it sorted in a few days. I can't wait to share some pics. It's the biggest project I have undertaken yet

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict

In terms of features on the front there are two joystick ports and a blue power LED.
On the back Scart RGB out and AC power in with a on/off switch.
The board is a MV-1FZ with Unibios 3.1, the connections are via the jamma connector, which makes it easy to switch boards, should this one ever die. The only thig soldered to the board are two wires for a digital volt meter with switch (located under the front of the board, between the jamma edge and the bottom left corner). RGB is wired via 75ohm resistors to the female scart connector, also the appropirate connections are made to enable proper 4:3 aspect ratio switching and AV input selection.
Build it over c.a. 1.5 weeks, an hour or two every evening or so after work whenever I had the time.

Nice! Very neat concept, and great execution.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Nice.

A "clear" picture only depends on getting the exposure right. You can get nice looking pictures with a 10 year old camera if you learn proper exposure, there's a really good book called "understanding exposure" that explains it in detail but I'm sure just random googling about it would also work.

His pictures look like they were taken with a lot of daylight coming in so his camera could set a really fast shutter speed because it doesn't need a lot of time to absorb so much light, the faster the shutter speed the less blur happens from hands shaking, etc.