Neo Geo X Controller on Raspberry Pi

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Hi All

Has anyone managed to get a Neo Geo X controller working on Raspberry Pi, mainly RetroPie?

I have tried it but its not recognised, any ideas.

Ta
B

Sjlewis

n00b
Is it not recognized at all? Anything in the boot log or did you try jstest?

Sjlewis

n00b
If it is standard HID it should be recognized but no guarantee all the buttons work. The standard Linux driver didn't recognize some buttons on a Genesis controller w a USB adapter so I edited the driver and recompiled Linux to get it to work

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Shouldn't this be in General Tech Support, since the Neo Geo X is an abomination in the eyes of the lord?

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
Ipac-2 interface, add wires and DB15 connector.. done. Use the REAL thing, or get a custom joystick.

I've got a raspberry pi2 with retropie - but I'm running an Ipac-4 instead. using a neo-geo controller for my geo games - and nice big captain america 4 player control panel with 6 buttons in the middle two players for geo and other games :) lol

make sure you have a keyboard AND also make sure you learn the hot keys or combos to coin-up and start games for neo geo

hold start, left = start
hold start, right = coin-up

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Hi All

Has anyone managed to get a Neo Geo X controller working on Raspberry Pi, mainly RetroPie?

I have tried it but its not recognised, any ideas.

Ta
B

Did you ever figure this out?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can check this when I get home. I didn't have a Pi when this thread was originally made.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I can check this when I get home. I didn't have a Pi when this thread was originally made.

I grabbed one off amazon assuming it work, but no dice. Read up on some forums about it but their doesn't seem to be any tips on making it work.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Its detected and works fine in linux, the problem is emulation station. However its filtering HID devices is broken.