What's wrong with Korean Neo-Geo's?

Yakumo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'd like to purchase a Neo-Geo that is not alot of money (read: about $250) and I noticed that Shawn has Korean Neo-Geos. But hes had 5 for several weeks now. Is their anything wrong with them? Can they be upgraded with newer slots, svideo, stereo, etc, like their english and japanese brothers? Do they use the same ac as japanese or english? like to know...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Actually there's nothing wrong with them, they're just much less valuable from a collecting point of view... :cool:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Originally posted by BRANDI:
<strong>Actually there's nothing wrong with them, they're just much less valuable from a collecting point of view... :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

actually the components used might be better quality considering that they were produced probably around or after 1996. However, with other neo geo machines, you'd have to make sure the serial is high.

actually it doesn't matter much either way. The korean machine is just lighter, so I'm guessing smaller components.

[ May 02, 2002: Message edited by: EvilWasabi ]</p>

J' Kusanagi

Hardened Shock Trooper
Serial numbers eh. Well, when I get my Neo, you'll be able to tell me how good it is by its serial number?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Y'know, when you think about it, it could actually be really appropriate to have a Korean Neo. Considering all the Korean developers now, you'd be playing new, Korean dev'd AES releases on a Korean made AES machine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the only reason he hasnt sold them is because no one in their right mind would pay $250 for a bare neo, that could have cracks in the case.

i payed $250 for mine (shipoing from japan included), and it was boxed/complete with 3 games.

Jartravian

n00b
Hi all. I bought one of those Korean systems from Shawn. It's my first Neo Geo system, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money (I just wanted to play). It does have some scratches on it, and some little holes (who would drill little holes in a game system?), but it plays perfectly. Maybe it wasn't the best deal, but I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters to me. As long as I can play Metal Slug 3, all is right in the world :)

Yakumo: I am very much a newbie, so I have no idea if the thing can be upgraded. The AC adapter that came with it is a good old Sega Genesis AC. Neo Geo: powered by Sega!

I hope that helps.

Yakumo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Originally posted by Jartravian:
<strong>Hi all. I bought one of those Korean systems from Shawn. It's my first Neo Geo system, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money (I just wanted to play). It does have some scratches on it, and some little holes (who would drill little holes in a game system?), but it plays perfectly. Maybe it wasn't the best deal, but I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters to me. As long as I can play Metal Slug 3, all is right in the world :)

Yakumo: I am very much a newbie, so I have no idea if the thing can be upgraded. The AC adapter that came with it is a good old Sega Genesis AC. Neo Geo: powered by Sega!

I hope that helps.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If I could get a Korean Neo Geo with crap chewed out of it for $150 I would bite. $250 is just too steep for damaged merchandise.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I believe you can email Shawn and negotiate. Have you tried that?