jap carts vs us carts

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
Can anyone tell me why jap carts are less expensive than us carts. I thought that the jap carts are the ones with the prized artwork etc etc. They seem to be alot cheaper, is it because the text is in japenese, If so I thought that the neo cart will play games in english if you have an english system. Im just a wee bit confused, can anyone enlighten me.

cheers.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I think it's because there were more Japanese carts produced than US carts. In other words, the relative rarity of US carts makes them more expensive. And you're right, Japanese carts will play in English on a US system (and vice versa).

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
cos people are daft pheraps

example:Gowcaizer

i'm sure oneday i'll buy that game for the art and the art only !

so i want the jap one
better cover,better manual,
better sticker...and so on

BUT

the us version is rare so what am i gonna do?

i'm goin to ignore tha jap one and i'll buy the expensive us one cos its,yeah,E E R

and who cares if the art's butchered,right?

------------------
27474709.jpg

LastResort

King's Dry Cleaner
I only want the jap carts, because it' they are alot better in artwork, for the non existing english games (dont start with those crappy NGF inserts to make the original japanese versions english), and so on.
Who cares that the price of English versions is higher, I buy them to play not to collect dust.

LastResort

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
In general, yes, all US versions are worth more for the reasons stated already in this thread.

Personally though, I prefer US versions because the insert, manual and stick are all in English, which I can read
biggrin.gif

They also for the most part have a nicer uniform look when on display which is also nice..

S

Silent_Scope

I'd rather have Japanese games.....including games on other platforms. They are way better than crappy US cover arts and inserts.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
Japanese carts are surely have much better artwork.
As an example is : Fatal Fury 1 insert and Samurai Spirits 1 cart cover