Neo Geo Museum (site opened 2/25/10)

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
That's really neat, I really want to get a few of those shirts.

snk`

Kula's Candy
hmmm those mars16 guys got some really awesome shirts..

http://www.mars16.com/gallery/mars16gallery_index.html

sg023a01_f.jpg
sg023a01_b.jpg

44dollars, seems reasonable I guess, but shipping them from Japan right? that's gonna be quite expensive for me.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The first black shirt is really awesome but the price tag is sick.

4000JEN before shipping? Pffffff...

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Every title with its MVS and home release date? Awesome!

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
For the 20th anniversary shirt, its 50 bucks shipped to the USA. :tickled:

I'm serious.

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
I'm kind of amazed that NEO fans are complaining about a shirt being too expensive.

We're the kind of people who spend $50+ for MVS carts, and some of us spend hundreds of dollars on AES carts, when we could get a PS2 disc with a dozen NEO games on it for $15.

These shirts are pretty bad-ass, but I'm passing on them myself because I have too many shirts right now.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Another character of worldwide fame was Nakoruru from the "SAMURAI SHODOWN" series. With a costume design based on traditional Ainu clothing, sweet looks and personality, dainty figure, and unique fighting techniques with her loyal hawk, Nakoruru stole the hearts of male gamers from across the globe.

Hrm.. this reminds me of someone, but I can't quite place it.

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm kind of amazed that NEO fans are complaining about a shirt being too expensive.

We're the kind of people who spend $50+ for MVS carts, and some of us spend hundreds of dollars on AES carts, when we could get a PS2 disc with a dozen NEO games on it for $15.

These shirts are pretty bad-ass, but I'm passing on them myself because I have too many shirts right now.

don't be amazed, it is not because one can pay a high price on some items that one is willing to pay a premium on any single thing, nothing strange there
those tee-shirts are overpriced
American Apparel sell w/o logo this type of stuff for 3-4 bucks to any body who wants to make some printing, see the margin. It is not a gift to fan, it's another way to make money.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I have shirts costing 3 times that amount(hard to believe for the people who saw my pics)
Anyway great site: bookmarked!

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The shirts are hella expensive! But damn, that SS shirt is looking amazing!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Too bad they only have Japanese ads in the gallery, always liked the "bigger, badder, better" one.

Other than that, it's a start and looks tidy. I hope they're going to flesh it out a little more.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Do they even ship outside Japan? I would like to get my hands on one of those shirts! Samurai Spirits ftw!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Haha! Cool.

Dr.NeoGeo posted a second blog entry, focused on Gemanto mascotte.

He used a picture I sent him time ago, as probably that's the only known reference about gemanto clotches:

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymore.co.jp/blog/archives/2010/03/post.html

100305_03.jpg

For those who wonder about the "hidden" text, here the one I shot without flash (with visible result...) :(

DSCF1255.jpg

and the whole (merry christmas!) page:

DSCF1253.jpg

Edit:

for the records:

幸福の仮面 (koufuku no kamen(!), happiness mask)
覇者のマント (hasha no manto, "coat" of the champion)
聖なる帽子 (seinaru boushi, sacred hat)

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Hrm.. this reminds me of someone, but I can't quite place it.

probably me.

you can kick and beat me all you want,
but it won't change the fact that Nakoruru is
one of SNK's most beloved characters...

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
I like that they are still doing this for the fans. I did notice an error on their SNK NEO-GEO AES HISTORY section though...

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/whats/index.php
The AES was not sold to the public until 1991.

I got mine for Christmas in 1990 and have the video to prove it. Still my favorite Christmas morning that I can recall! :buttrock:

I also have a Neo-Geo shirt from around 1992 (I think) That shows has "BIGGER, BADDER, BETTER" on the front and the NEO-GEO logo on the back. Anyone else have one of these? I need to dig through my game t-shirts and find it. I ended up getting two of them from SNK back in the day and sacrificed one of them to make a dust cover for my AES. I'll probably regret doing that after finding out how rare they are. :P

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I like that they are still doing this for the fans. I did notice an error on their SNK NEO-GEO AES HISTORY section though...

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/whats/index.php

I got mine for Christmas in 1990 and have the video to prove it. Still my favorite Christmas morning that I can recall! :buttrock:

I also have a Neo-Geo shirt from around 1992 (I think) That shows has "BIGGER, BADDER, BETTER" on the front and the NEO-GEO logo on the back. Anyone else have one of these? I need to dig through my game t-shirts and find it. I ended up getting two of them from SNK back in the day and sacrificed one of them to make a dust cover for my AES. I'll probably regret doing that after finding out how rare they are. :P

jammy git:)

i think i got a megadrive that christmass,it was a shared present between me and my brother.