White nationalists marching on UVa...

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Does not sompute.

Leaving statues of white supremacists along the south does not compel whites to be better but to sympathize with the mentality and possibly adopt the mentality that slave owning was fine, that the rape and degradation of blacks was okay.

Then I will bring it back to the original statement of other cultures. Do you see Rome removing and tearing down the Coliseum because slavery wasn't right? Do you see Rome tearing down statues of leaders that clearly had supremacist views on the "Lesser" people outside of the Roman culture? Do these monuments and statues justify those views to its citizens?
We know the awnser to that is NO. They are reminders of the past that the people can look back on and see past accomplishments as well as mistakes in ideologies and actions.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't really care what other countries do.

There is also a huge difference between the colliseums in Italy, where everyone could be a slave, regardless of ethnicity

And General Robert E Lee, who fought to keep all blacks in chains, to be raped and killed at the whim of white people.

A better comparison would be the colliseum in rome to a slave quarters on an old plantation.

Neither was made to glorify slavery, but they were connected to the practice.

A comparison to the confederate statues would be if Capua had postmortemly commissioned a statue of Battiatus, who owned Spartacus and many other slaves.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I don't really care what other countries do.

There is also a huge difference between the colliseums in Italy, where everyone could be a slave, regardless of ethnicity

And General Robert E Lee, who fought to keep all blacks in chains, to be raped and killed at the whim of white people.

So you are putting one enslaved person above another? Is that what you are saying?

Marek

Banned
So I guess you have no other counter argument other than grammar problems on an internet forum? Such deep thought from you...

I hate Texas. I really want Texas to succeed and I'm not kidding at all. It's an evangelical shithole and an unbelievable drain on the rest of the country in multiple ways.

If it succeeded, Texas could be the hellish prison state so many people seem to want to live in. We could send them all to Texas and it would be like mad max.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
i would just like to add that we aren't fucking cavemen and we are no longer limited to seeing stone figures and fingerpaintings on cave walls in order to "remember and honor our history

Yeah. Tear it all down. We got wikipedia now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So you are putting one enslaved person above another? Is that what you are saying?

I am saying your comparison was a complete failure,

Just like the white supremacy you desperately seek to protect

Like a family heirloom.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I hate Texas. I really want Texas to succeed and I'm not kidding at all. It's an evangelical shithole and an unbelievable drain on the rest of the country in multiple ways.

If it succeeded, Texas could be the hellish prison state so many people seem to want to live in. We could send them all to Texas and it would be like mad max.

1. I am an Atheist... so crazy evangelicals really do not influence me. Lol

2. Ya... I find it funny that you think that Texas could not leave The Union and survive. We have the objective infrastructure, population, and industrial economy to do so. So come back to that topic when your own state has it's own power grid all to itself. That is off topic though. Lol.

3. I have still yet to see a proper counter argument or statment from you on the topic beyond your "Texas is so gay and backwards" statments. You already out of constructive discussion information?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I am saying your comparison was a complete failure,

Just like the white supremacy you desperately seek to protect

Like a family heirloom.

When have I ever promoted white supremacy? Is it because I disagree with a statue being taken down? Of course not. The entire discussion has been about me remembering the wrongs of white supremacy by keeping the statues up not championing those ideals. So if you want to try to discredit anything that I've said just by throwing out a buzzword on me.... you should actually read what I've been saying and not what you think I am protecting. I think that 1984 quote that somebody posted recently can go in a multitude of different ways it just depends on your perspective. You just have to view it from both sides of an argument. I would rather have people remember the argument than forget that it ever happened.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When have I ever promoted white supremacy? Is it because I disagree with a statue being taken down? Of course not. The entire discussion has been about me remembering the wrongs of white supremacy by keeping the statues up not championing those ideals. So if you want to try to discredit anything that I've said just by throwing out a buzzword on me.... you should actually read what I've been saying and not what you think I am protecting. I think that 1984 quote that somebody posted recently can go in a multitude of different ways it just depends on your perspective. You just have to view it from both sides of an argument. I would rather have people remember the argument than forget that it ever happened.

How are those statues helping you remember the horrors of the slave states, when the statues falsely glorify scum like Lee and Jackson? Someone needs to commission a statue of Hitler fucking the statue of liberty and put it across the street from your family home. You gotta remember the good and the bad. Even though the statue is a ridiculous display glorifying an enemy of the US, you need to remember history.

Read your posts and tell me again how you aren't supporting white supremacy.

Marek

Banned
1. I am an Atheist... so crazy evangelicals really do not influence me. Lol

2. Ya... I find it funny that you think that Texas could not leave The Union and survive. We have the objective infrastructure, population, and industrial economy to do so. So come back to that topic when your own state has it's own power grid all to itself. That is off topic though. Lol.

3. I have still yet to see a proper counter argument or statment from you on the topic beyond your "Texas is so gay and backwards" statments. You already out of constructive discussion information?

I already made my point. It's pretty simple. You'll find it on the previous page.

Now I'm insulting you personally because you're a mongoloid shitposter.

Lmao Texas surviving on it's own. JJ Watt didn't pay for your city to be rebuilt dumbfuck. Hell I even saw the sovereign nation of Qatar donated several million. That's cool. They are into modern slavery just like the sovereign nation of Texas would be if it existed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

ROBERT E LEE!!!

NexusX

Astra Superstar
How are those statues helping you remember the horrors of the slave states, when the statues falsely glorify scum like Lee and Jackson? Someone needs to commission a statue of Hitler fucking the statue of liberty and put it across the street from your family home. You gotta remember the good and the bad. Even though the statue is a ridiculous display glorifying an enemy of the US, you need to remember history.

Read your posts and tell me again how you aren't supporting white supremacy.

1. I never said nor suggested that someone build a statue of Hitler. The discussion was never about our modern society today building things. It was about tearing the old monuments down. People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

2. I am not the one that just made a comparison that one people being enslaved should be viewed differently than another. White, Black, Asian, Latino... a slave is still a slave. For you to say that you care about the condition of one group of slaves over another is bigotry in itself. You condemned one but not the other?

3. You don't care about other countries? If your location from your profile is accurate then you are in St. Petersburg, Russia. Are you an American citizen that is in Russia at the moment? Because if you "don't care about other countries" then why are you.
A. Living in another one right now an you are a US citizen.
Or
B. A non-US citizen outside of the US commenting on a country that they don't live in and they suddenly say they care about what the US has historically done but not others? That is laughable by the way.

Way to judge people over others... just like you say one group of slaves should be cared for more over another.

So if you have never lived in the US I find it hard for you to understand the context of what is going on beyond following the same "party line" as the people yelling to take these statues down.

And you are forgetting that they were not enemies to Americans.... they ARE Americans. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

If you really think that a man is defined by one attribute then you are sorely mistaken. If you want to damn all of those that champion slavery fine condemn those actions but don't think that that was all that slave owners were about. Many of our founding fathers were slave owners but you don't see anyone taking those monuments down now do you? Why not take them down as well?It is because we all know that people are much more complicated than that.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Tl;Dr

You're wasting your time bigly.

I read up to this gem

People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

This dumb fuck is gonna post hyper pepe frog memes any minute.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyone comparing the removal of a statue to 1984 has a pretty piss poor understanding of the work.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Tl;Dr

You're wasting your time bigly.

I read up to this gem

This dumb fuck is gonna post hyper pepe frog memes any minute.

Sorry to disappoint you but I do not post memes. I find that posting relevant information rather than insults for someone is much more effective and creditable in a discussion. When you get some of that hit me up. I will be here ready to continue the discussion if you so choose to. Even if Godwin's Law has already been activated.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

The funny thing is that several monuments specifically honor people who died for the CSA.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Any statue, any memorial, has the ability to offend someone. I tend to agree they shouldn't be on public lands and funded with public dollars. I personally find statues pretty silly, but what's happening in America right now is America at it's best. Passionate conversation to keep a status quo or bring about change.

Meanwhile, in ever progressive Minnesota - it's out with Columbus...and in with The Artist.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/petition-columbus-statute-prince/

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
1. I never said nor suggested that someone build a statue of Hitler. The discussion was never about our modern society today building things. It was about tearing the old monuments down. People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

2. I am not the one that just made a comparison that one people being enslaved should be viewed differently than another. White, Black, Asian, Latino... a slave is still a slave. For you to say that you care about the condition of one group of slaves over another is bigotry in itself. You condemned one but not the other?

3. You don't care about other countries? If your location from your profile is accurate then you are in St. Petersburg, Russia. Are you an American citizen that is in Russia at the moment? Because if you "don't care about other countries" then why are you.
A. Living in another one right now an you are a US citizen.
Or
B. A non-US citizen outside of the US commenting on a country that they don't live in and they suddenly say they care about what the US has historically done but not others? That is laughable by the way.

Way to judge people over others... just like you say one group of slaves should be cared for more over another.

So if you have never lived in the US I find it hard for you to understand the context of what is going on beyond following the same "party line" as the people yelling to take these statues down.

And you are forgetting that they were not enemies to Americans.... they ARE Americans. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

If you really think that a man is defined by one attribute then you are sorely mistaken. If you want to damn all of those that champion slavery fine condemn those actions but don't think that that was all that slave owners were about. Many of our founding fathers were slave owners but you don't see anyone taking those monuments down now do you? Why not take them down as well?It is because we all know that people are much more complicated than that.

You haven't posted relevant information. You're just a white supremacist. Goodbye.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Any statue, any memorial, has the ability to offend someone. I tend to agree they shouldn't be on public lands and funded with public dollars. I personally find statues pretty silly, but what's happening in America right now is America at it's best. Passionate conversation to keep a status quo or bring about change.

Meanwhile, in ever progressive Minnesota - it's out with Columbus...and in with The Artist.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/petition-columbus-statute-prince/

Do you think the white supremacists begging for their statues to stay up

Will be accepting of your lifestyle?

Marek

Banned
Sorry to disappoint you but I do not post memes. I find that posting relevant information rather than insults for someone is much more effective and creditable in a discussion. When you get some of that hit me up. I will be here ready to continue the discussion if you so choose to. Even if Godwin's Law has already been activated.

Welcome to neo hyphen geo dot com, faggot.

You're going to hate it here.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
You haven't posted relevant information. You're just a white supremacist. Goodbye.

Now Now... name calling never solved anything. Lol

I hope you realize one day that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are the antithesis of your point of view. The moment you stop communicating is the moment you have lost all hope in understanding that point of view.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Now Now... name calling never solved anything. Lol

I hope you realize one day that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are the antithesis of your point of view. The moment you stop communicating is the moment you have lost all hope in understanding that point of view.

That's possibly the stupidest thing you have said in this thread.

I disagree with you because you desperately want to keep the symbols that glorify slavery out in the open for all to see. The only lost hope here is for your kind to ever have what your great great grandpappy had.