Bust-A-Move Question

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Is Bust-A-Move for the Neo Geo the same game that's available on the SNES and 3DO? Is there anything unique to the Neo Geo version, or is it just a port?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
If I remember correctly, Bust-A-Move was first released in arcades as a dedicated cab, but after a short time it was ported to the Neo Geo MVS (arcade) hardware, which became extremely popular. For that reason, the Neo Geo version is considered the "original" version of the game that all other ports are compared to.

It's been awhile since I played it, but I believe the SNES version is mostly the same, but slightly stipped down. I've never played the 3DO version, so I'm not sure how similar it is.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
T.A.P. said:
Is Bust-A-Move for the Neo Geo the same game that's available on the SNES and 3DO? Is there anything unique to the Neo Geo version, or is it just a port?

The big difference is the platform. Tatio owns the rights, and there are only minor cosmetic and play differences. If you have one, you have them all.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There was an SNES port? Or do you guys just mean for the SFC instead of SNES?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
LoneSage said:
There was an SNES port? Or do you guys just mean for the SFC instead of SNES?
It did see a US release, cuz I recall renting it from Blockbuster back in the day to see how it held up...it wasn't too bad actually

suechi

Uyador,
20 Year Member
There was a US release and for a while it was very expensive on eBay as well.

Its actually very common to find it now...even complete..

The neo geo version only had 30 stages and then the game restarted from the first board

the SNES had 100 boards and there were more "special bubbles" to use and the sprites were smaller

overall its a very good port and I highly enjoyed playing and still have it as one of the few SNES games I saved up

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
My Bust a Move Marquee says "Coming soon for SNES and Game Gear" or something to that order ;)