Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Summary:
new neo geo grail
the part about adol (or his twin) seeing this game in that store in 95
ex-SNK guy found the stuff in his basement
something about the way the insert is designed (neo geo logo etc.)
something about the 55k deal for U11 and kizuna
the french and italians doubt its genuine, they want age tests in a lab or something like that
two of the games selling for 30k each
doubt about its originality

thats pretty much it.

:D Good summary ... if newcomer just join this topic, you should read this plot ... ;)

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Simone, I have no problem with you not thinking I'm an expert or a Neo authority. And I fully admit that my report is simply my observations which result in my opinion. All I can offer at the end of the day is my opinion based upon my observation or beliefs, for some that is enough, for others (like you) it is not and that's fine. I'm not trying to get anyone to buy this game, but I have a belief about it that I am sharing based upon my observations, people will act on it or not of their own choosing.

However, I have NO idea what you're talking about regarding my statement about Neo CDs. I can't recall ever saying anything remotely like what you said above (English manuals but no backs?) I'm sure I have stated that there are certain English titles which have a manual and case but the CD is in Japanese (games like Blue's Journey).

I also don't know that you have to own every English AES game to form opinions about a game like Aero Fighters 3. I did compare the game (in person, with games in hand) to every other English AES release of the period with the exception of Slug 1, Kizuna and Ultimate 11. Is there really a meaningful distinction for you there?

Having owned/ checked on hand all neo geo released home carts would sure help form a more educated opinion about this cart, especially if you have to try to spot details that could disclose you truth.
U11, kizuna have peculiar neat touches used only in those releases for example. Just my opinion anyway.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Question to John: Will AF3 be added to the Master List then?!? :rolleyes:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
poor chamane...it hurts buying on faith alone..

You have no right to an opinion at all you idiot, you believe in things that have no other proof than what some old geezers wrote about 40 to 70 years after the main character's son died.
I can't believe you are actually this ignorant.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Having owned/ checked on hand all neo geo released home carts would sure help form a more educated opinion about this cart, especially if you have to try to spot details that could disclose you truth.
U11, kizuna have peculiar neat touches used only in those releases for example. Just my opinion anyway.

Well, you've read the report, and you own or have owned kizuna, slug 1 and u11, so what did I miss?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Well, you've read the report, and you own or have owned kizuna, slug 1 and u11, so what did I miss?

The butthurt he feels that he was left out in the cold and no one respects him in the community or as a NGH authority...

;)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
FTL sure is buttdevestated about this game he will never own.

SSS

neo retired
FTL would update the price guide for AF3 at 30,000. But if (and I mean IF) he ever got his hands on a copy, he'd sell it for 50,000.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The price guide surely needs an overhaul. Maybe even add B2B? The NGDEV releases?

SSS

neo retired
I think I have 1 or 2 MVS kits that passed through FTL's hands at some point. Unfortunately, I don't know the provenance of these items. Seeing as FTL is not a trusted Neo Geo authority, What's to say he didn't just print up some flyers from the web and make up some serial numbers?

I'm gonna have to get the paper stock dated, and ink analyzed by a surface scanning electron microscope to verify proper chemical compositions.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I think I have 1 or 2 MVS kits that passed through FTL's hands at some point. Unfortunately, I don't know the provenance of these items. Seeing as FTL is not a trusted Neo Geo authority, What's to say he didn't just print up some flyers from the web and make up some serial numbers?

FTL:

Admits he has no idea how much "rare" carts are worth
Asks for blind bidding on items
Doesn't have the items he sells on his person
Admits he's not a Neo Geo authority

Yet wants to be listened to on all matters of "rarity" and "provenance"... and run the price guide.

I'm gonna have to get the paper stock dated, and ink analyzed by a surface scanning electron microscope to verify proper chemical compositions.

I'm still laughing that someone suggested "carbon dating" to ensure that the paperwork was legit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some article about the whole thing in the current issue of the german M!Games. I know most of you fogots can't read it but I'm gonna post it anyway.
IMG_0313.jpg

Its even making fun of the frenchies and italians :lolz:

Oh yeah: guess who wrote that piece! -> http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?56799

Wow. Exactly 1 decade ago, I was a faggot.

I don't mean gay. I had an unattractive gf that I fucked the shit out of during that time. I mean that I was just lame as legit.

That thread is provenance of my faggotry.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You meant fogot, right? :p

If I could go back in time and tell the past me to be a fogot instead, I would tell him to bet everything on Zidane scoring the winning goal in the Champions League final.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I like Tonks post
TonK: said:
<strong>I wish the Neo Community didn't consist of GREED!

Thats all this hobby is anymore, GREED!

Ten years later he sells 3 carts for 90k ;)

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
chriz-77 had the creepiest response to Tonk in that thread with "I´LL KEEP YOU iN MY MiND!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.