KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Is the netcode really that bad? Maybe they should license GGPO or something at this point. What a shame.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Best explanation for it is when it 1st came out. The 4 bar matches played like shit. Except this time the 3 bar matches are hit and miss. I have more luck with 2 and 1 bar matches then anything. My guess is they tried to fix the problem that nobody can connect to a particular room if 1 person with a low nat setting is in the room. In doing that it fucked a bunch of shit up.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Dear SNK,

You have failed miserably in your implementation of better netcode. I do not say this lightly, but whoever was in charge of this new patch of better netcode should be fired. They just cost you millions of dollars in sales. Rock Howard was your big chance to turn everything around. There isn't a character you could bring back that has the clout Rock Howard has. Capcom couldn't have fucked up more then they have right now in bringing DLC characters nobody gives a fuck about. This was your chance and like 2012 when you had the hype of EVO Finals spurning sales you once again fail to fix a glaring problem.

There is no fucking excuse a 4 bar match with someone on the same internet provider within driving distance plays like utter garbage. None whatsoever. Yet you continue to astound everyone in your lack of care in implementing a good netcode. Maybe now is the time to hire someone who knows how to do this, or not. It's your millions being flushed down the toilet right now.

There are so many variables to take into account, how do you know its the netcode?

Just because your ping time is low, doesnt mean your router can properly handle QoS, or your ISP isnt throttling you. Is your PS4 connected wirelessly? Do you perhaps live in an apartment building where all 700 other wireless routers are broadcasting on the same channel?

If none of these apply to you, what about your opponent?

Everyone always wants to blame the netcode, when their consoles are in a hotbox of interference 40 feet away from a router.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
For what it's worth, I've had and continue to have pretty good experiences with mutliplayer. Every now and then I'll get a shit match, but for the most part, its been solid.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
There are so many variables to take into account, how do you know its the netcode?

Just because your ping time is low, doesnt mean your router can properly handle QoS, or your ISP isnt throttling you. Is your PS4 connected wirelessly? Do you perhaps live in an apartment building where all 700 other wireless routers are broadcasting on the same channel?

If none of these apply to you, what about your opponent?

Everyone always wants to blame the netcode, when their consoles are in a hotbox of interference 40 feet away from a router.

It's not the 1st time. It wasn't all in one day. It wasn't at one particular time. I have good matches on other games. 4 bar matches have been shitty ever since the newest patch. Maybe because my ports aren't all opened up, but if you have to have optimal settings your netcode is still shit. I can make a thousand excuses, but if it's continuous, and you can mark a specific date and event when it started chances are it's a problem.

If it works for you then great. For me it doesn't and a bunch of people I talk to doesn't as well. Watch the numbers online drop fast and tell me again how it's my router, or modem, or switch, or wiring, or etc.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
It's not the 1st time. It wasn't all in one day. It wasn't at one particular time. I have good matches on other games. 4 bar matches have been shitty ever since the newest patch. Maybe because my ports aren't all opened up, but if you have to have optimal settings your netcode is still shit. I can make a thousand excuses, but if it's continuous, and you can mark a specific date and event when it started chances are it's a problem.

If it works for you then great. For me it doesn't and a bunch of people I talk to doesn't as well. Watch the numbers online drop fast and tell me again how it's my router, or modem, or switch, or wiring, or etc.

So are you playing on wireless or not

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Watching Reynald play has been fun because he tends to choose less-used characters and win. Odd having Vanessa on 1st position though. I would put her 2nd or 3rd for stun combos and having power stocks read in my disposal. Excellent Rock:

PS: in case you haven't seen them, his Gang Il and Luong are solid too.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Watching Reynald play has been fun because he tends to choose less-used characters and win. Odd having Vanessa on 1st position though. I would put her 2nd or 3rd for stun combos and having power stocks read in my disposal. Excellent Rock:

PS: in case you haven't seen them, his Gang Il and Luong are solid too.

I really dislike watching Mian play though. Shes so frustrating to play against, and even watch. Hopefully Romance labs the match up and bodies her next time.

So i have been playing kukri more since the patch. He got better but still has issues opening people up. Hes got really fun corner combos though

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Coming to Steam. Pre-orders open this month (no release date yet)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Switch won't happen. It's a PS4 console exclusive. Just like SF5.

Fygee

20 Year Member
That and a Switch version would require a bit of legwork to convert code and downgrade the visuals a fair bit. Not really worth it for them to do it. Maybe.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Could be a mistake. The portrait is from KOF World mobile game:

C_ee2_sVYAEqJbh.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mekikung/status/862332937542410240

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

- June 15th release
- Standard edition doesn't include DLC characters (comes with Kyo and Geese costumes only)
- Deluxe edition comes with DLC characters, 10 costumes, digital art book and digital soundtrack
- 20% off on pre-orders (open now)
- No word on cross-play but seems unlikely

PC requirements on Steam page.

Closed beta footage:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Could be reason to get a better PC if the netcode is improved from the ps4 version

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
As long as the netcode is solid I'm all in. I didn't want to buy a PS4 just for this & bloodborne.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It will probably be way better netcode wise. Since they are beta testing in the 1st place, and KOF XIII Steam Version is one of there best netcodes ever.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'll nab it when its a lot cheaper, since I already paid full price for the PS4 version when it came out.

Generally netcode in Steam tends to be better than games' console counterparts.

J-P

NEST Puppet
Will definitely be getting the Steam version of this. Not going to be getting a PS4 anytime soon so the more Steam releases the better :B - KOFXIII on steam plays great... on my wishlist waiting for the pre-order date to go live :sigh:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Will definitely be getting the Steam version of this. Not going to be getting a PS4 anytime soon so the more Steam releases the better :B - KOFXIII on steam plays great... on my wishlist waiting for the pre-order date to go live :sigh:

Preorder already open with 20% off. I think you also get the beta right away but I haven't tried it.