Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The crackling problem? Not sure if I have it cus I think one of my speakers in my blast is blown and havent tried this on my super gun yet. Is it really apparent in Giga wing cus if I so I know what you're talking about then.

Tried out a few random games and I noticed that D&D: SOM (U) had the same exact crackling/popping like in Fox1's video. Has anyone else tried this particular rom? Could it be the sound files that's the problem...?

List of games I tried:

D&D SOM (U) = crackling/popping like in Fox1's video
Aliens vs. Predator (U) = some pretty bad crackling
1944 (U) = negligible crackle at points, but not major
X-Men vs. SF (U) = negligible crackle at points, but not major
Giga Wing (J) = no sound issues?
Giga Wing (U) = no sound issues?
Progear (J) = no sound issues?
Ultimate Ecology (J) = no sound issues?

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Tried out a few random games and I noticed that D&D: SOM (U) had the same exact crackling/popping like in Fox1's video. Has anyone else tried this particular rom? Could it be the sound files that's the problem...?

List of games I tried:

D&D SOM (U) = crackling/popping like in Fox1's video
Aliens vs. Predator (U) = some pretty bad crackling
1944 (U) = negligible crackle at points, but not major
X-Men vs. SF (U) = negligible crackle at points, but not major
Giga Wing (J) = no sound issues
Giga Wing (U) = no sound issues
Progear (J) = no sound issues
Ultimate Ecology (J) = no sound issues

Yeah I also get it in AvP, haven't really tried it in other games...I don't think it's the sound files themselves tho as it doesn't make sense if it works in rom form vs the multi

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Yeah I also get it in AvP, haven't really tried it in other games...I don't think it's the sound files themselves tho as it doesn't make sense if it works in rom form vs the multi

The format of the rom is altered so it's possible. Will need to investigate.

theHornet

n00b
Hi Mitsurugi-W

Are these crackling sound issues only occurring on rev 3/4 boards using the jumper wire to J17 pin?

Do any Rev 6/7 native GPAL boards have issues with these same games?

I noticed that despite the setup video showing the jumper wire on the bottom of the board, that most if not all people who try this method, still get audio corruption and have to use the GPAL pin 9 lift to J17 on the multi kit.

Also one other question. Can we remove EXC5 completely to prevent it storing anything, so that we don't have to short it out. Seems a lot of re-suicides occur with the introduction of the kit. Is anyone game to test it. I dont have the skill to reinstall such a small component, so would need confirmation before chopping mine off, otherwise id test it

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Dion

Hi Mitsurugi-W

Are these crackling sound issues only occurring on rev 3/4 boards using the jumper wire to J17 pin?

Do any Rev 6/7 native GPAL boards have issues with these same games?

I noticed that despite the setup video showing the jumper wire on the bottom of the board, that most if not all people who try this method, still get audio corruption and have to use the GPAL pin 9 lift to J17 on the multi kit.

Also one other question. Can we remove EXC5 completely to prevent it storing anything, so that we don't have to short it out. Seems a lot of re-suicides occur with the introduction of the kit. Is anyone game to test it. I dont have the skill to reinstall such a small component, so would need confirmation before chopping mine off, otherwise id test it

Thank you for your help

I have a kit with crackle coming in. I will try it on a few different revision b-boards. I honestly don't think the PAL has anything to do with the crackle. I will hopefully know soon.

I have no idea if removing EXC5 will prevent a resuicide. It will need to be tested.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
My Order ID is 024787 is that still Batch 1 or already 2? thanks.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Here's my CPS2 all mounted up! I cut a number of oak boards like this and I'm gonna mount my PCBs to them and hang them up on the wall for display when they aren't in use.

CPS2multi.jpg
(btw I straightened out the lcd after this photo was taken)

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Updated my multi kit to the new auto-reset firmware today. Worked first try without any issues! Excellent new feature.

QQOWKvw.jpg

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Kuze, I gather the multi is upside down in the picture to keep the rainbow cable wires in place, instead of having to soldier them?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Kuze, I gather the multi is upside down in the picture to keep the rainbow cable wires in place, instead of having to soldier them?

Nah I soldered the SWD wires into place, it's upside down to protect the pins on the multi.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
You didn't know about this trick? I've quit soldering things altogether. I just turn everything upside down! :D (just kidding)
-ud

Dion

You didn't know about this trick? I've quit soldering things altogether. I just turn everything upside down! :D (just kidding)
-ud

Hey why not? It works for an open pack of bread.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I haven't had time to mess with this as work has been hell. I have had everything required to update my firmware for awhile and will try to address the audio crackling on my Rev4, original G PAL3 and report back when I can.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Got mine updated to the new firmware and installed the reset wire. That new reset feature works like a charm!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Was there suppose to be a sticker in the package with the Multikit?

If so, mine didn't come with one.

:(

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Was there suppose to be a sticker in the package with the Multikit?

If so, mine didn't come with one.

:(

It was an optional extra you could buy separately from ds.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I let IDC out of the war room...

That is all... Thx for reading... etc etc...

xROTx

PS. For the LOVE of God... IDC... just relax man...

EDIT: Walls of text piss me off....

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
No teaser video of your other project?

And I'm looking forward to the 2nd batch!