What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
$485 for a MD Vampire killer. Never again will I ever spend that much on a video game again.

Bump for shame

what were you thinking

edit: mADman wrote: Whatever the Kraut Busters pre order cost is the most I've spent on a game.

nearly two years later and this game still isn't out

At this point if ngdev team announced a game and took pre-orders and just took all the money and ran I wouldn't even be mad. i can not possibly imagine putting money down for something that would take YEARS to transpire. anyone who funds their next game by pre-ordering is a dope. there is NO game in this world worth waiting for years on end. it will never live up to how you feel it may be, especially since we're all grown up now and nothing is great anymore.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Most I've spent on a Neo Geo game was £50 for KOF 2002 MVS (Jap cart only) in January 2014.

The rest of my Neo Games were:

Super Spy AES (Boxed with manual): £38 (2012)
Baseball Stars AES (Boxed with manual): £27 (2013)

Super Sidekicks 2 MVS (Cart only): £16.99 (2013)
Ultimate 11 MVS (Cart only) £30.99 (2013)
Metal Slug MVS (Cart only) £29.00 (2013)
Jockey Grand Prix MVS (Full kit with hopper cable) £20 (2014)
Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2 MVS (Cart Only) £31 (2016)

You win the Neo Geo cheapskate award.

FRUGALITY!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
After bank transfer fees, $500 for my NeoSD.

Unlike the rest of you ballers, I don’t like dropping that kinda coin on games.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
^^ this!
i'm not in the game to collect, it forces the issue when i can't RIP the dump online.
in reverse, i dump my games in the face of ALL eulas and share at sites that allow.
get for free, return the same...:)
internet rocks!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
After bank transfer fees, $500 for my NeoSD.

Unlike the rest of you ballers, I don’t like dropping that kinda coin on games.

Same, for something like this I can really see the value but that much on a single game is akin to gambling and losing it all.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I think a much better question would be what's the most profit you've made on a game.

For me, it was when I bought a cib Little Samson for NES. Bought it for $600 in 2008, sold it for $2500 last year.

Jon

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
On a single copy of a game?... $675 for a Fast Striker LE MVS kit.

On a single game (multiple different copies) $1,025 for Borderlands 2

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I think a much better question would be what's the most profit you've made on a game.

For me, it was when I bought a cib Little Samson for NES. Bought it for $600 in 2008, sold it for $2500 last year.

Jon

I don't understand this game. Literally everyone seems to have it at every con, it doesn't strike me as rare. Neo Turf Masters US AES is rare, not Little Samson.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
It's pretty rare compared to most other licensed NES games. That being said, it's got the hype status as a grail for the most widely collected console, so the price is probably higher than it really should be.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't think I've ever spent more than $200 on any single game TBH. Probably the one game I spent that much on was Panzer Dragoon Saga, which I absolutely loved that game. I originally had one I got for $40 back in 1998 and sold it a few years later for $55, and then wanted to play it again around 2006 but by then the price had skyrocketed. Well worth it.

Now if we're talking arcade shit or controllers, I've spent way more. I just spent $400 on the Taiko no Tatsujin Hori Pro drum controller a few months ago.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
$110 for Panzer Dragoon Saga for regular games. I thought it was ridiculous price back then, but i needed it.

For neo geo, it was whatever Gunlord cost to pre-order.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
very interesting thread - for neo geo it was a ssvs kit, bought it for around 1k, sold it for around 1k because i did not play it...

but when you add ingame trades, diablo 3 was the game i spent most money into (~4 k) - but when i quit d3, i got everything back, maybe a little plus overall....but yeah, complete madness.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
$110 for Panzer Dragoon Saga for regular games. I thought it was ridiculous price back then, but i needed it.

For neo geo, it was whatever Gunlord cost to pre-order.

It's crazy how expensive the game is now. It's a great game. I wish Sega or whoever technically owns its rights would make an official emulator back-end for it (since the source code is supposedly lost from what I gather), and put in the Virtual Console or on Live/PSN or something. It's a shame how prohibitively expensive it is for normal people. Normally super pricey rare games like that are either shit or just okay. It deserves a ground-up remake ala Shadow of the Colossus at a minimum.

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
Not counting Neo Geo, Splatterhouse 2 on Genesis. Had it as a kid and sought it out when I was rebuilding my collection about a year or two back. Was $75-ish for a cart only copy. Sold it off later for about the same because I needed money.

Counting Neo Geo... about the same. I only have a small number of peasant carts. Magician Lord, Samurai Spirits I and II, and Crossed Swords.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Now if we're talking arcade shit or controllers, I've spent way more. I just spent $400 on the Taiko no Tatsujin Hori Pro drum controller a few months ago.

Tell me more about this drum!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hmmm.. previously it was AUD $600, but I guess I can count Hearthstone. Multiple micro-transactions would have to exceed $1500.

I feel empty...

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
^^ that speaks volumes. :vomit:
cheapest paid for a game was two gbp for a mint copy of star ocean till the end of time for ps2.
as for hardware, nothing like the fuckin loony numbers on this subject.
the ltd-edit dreamcast (ntsc) with it's ode all-in came to about six hundred gbp, that counts for various vmu's and peripherals too.
went to liverpool to pick that badboy up, ode came much later as a separate endeavour. :p

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
cheapest paid for a game...

You seem to be having issues reading, this is the “most expensive” thread.

Why don’t you go create a “cheapest game” thread? Madman’s not around to pull you up if one already exists and you’ll feel like your contributing. You’re welcome.

...don’t tell me you can’t create threads yet either. That ain’t my problem.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
yes, and a few posts back, mentioned what was expensive.
added the cheapest in this respose, hardly went off topic when the expensive hardware was mentioned in my above too.
and create a subject?
are you for real?
after what goes down here?
figured i could contribute to conversation in a meaningful way, and less chance of others bogarting the op.
what do i know.
apologies op for this. :(

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
yes, and a few posts back, mentioned what was expensive.
added the cheapest in this respose, hardly went off topic when the expensive hardware was mentioned in my above too.
and create a subject?
are you for real?
after what goes down here?
figured i could contribute to conversation in a meaningful way, and less chance of others bogarting the op.
what do i know.
apologies op for this. :(

Grow a backbone. This is not your safespace. If you can’t swim then why did you jump in the deep end without your floaties on?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
safespace?
wow!
got me all wrong, pal!
i'm looking to NOT to get my account nuked and glassed because my typing irks a few.
does that spell it out for ya?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
safespace?
wow!
got me all wrong, pal!
i'm looking to NOT to get my account nuked and glassed because my typing irks a few.
does that spell it out for ya?

No, I don’t Karouspeak.

Good luck on your journey here though.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
It's crazy how expensive the game is now. It's a great game.

*Looks at sold eBay prices*

Yeesh. $400+ for a complete copy?!

Great fucking game though. I bought it back when it came out. I had it pre-ordered from Toys-R-Us, but my local store ended up not getting any copies in for whatever reason. I used the money I had saved for it and bought something else (I forget what). A few weeks later, they called me to let me know they tracked down a copy from a different location for me. I had to roll on over there on my bicycle and pay for it with rolls of quarters. Another fond memory I have is overhearing a local game store trying to sell a customer on a complete copy by talking up the 60-80 hours of gameplay. Shut up dude, it's only like 15 hours for a complete playthrough; it just takes up 4 discs because of shitty video compression.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Think I spent 230 on slug 3 AES about ten years ago. Couldn't afford the game now, could barely afford it then. Collectards man. Driving up prices of 20 year old games.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Whatever the price of the japanese Gunlord was back in the day. Never even played that shit so I just sold it again.