Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
loved clicking the link to sound of the neo geo start up, decent intro too, whats gameplay and backdrops like ?
Although though its a new game, the title is going to make people think its a hack like the other neo geo game but i look forward to hearing more.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
The premise certainly sounds intriguing.

I would like to see some gameplay vids once they are available.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The only good thing was the neo startup sound. Outside of that, the rest was retarded.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I dunno what to think of this game, it's definitely something out there.
crouching-pony-hidden-dragon-new-neo-geo-aes--mvs-homebrew-shooter-due-for-2013-release.jpg

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
i dont see how its a shooter seems like a beatem up.......i did like intro though

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm going to have to see a lot more before I sink €389 into it, but it's cool to see teams making games for the Neo... and this one is definitely going to be an oddball one, which is right up my alley.

Of note, the single boards that play in both Home and MVS systems is quite a nice bit of engineering. I'm guessing the boards themselves are dual-edged?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I dunno. It's Le Cortex the same guy who "made" TotC.....

The first screenshot also looks meh... The intro is medium amusing if you are 14 years old.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
brought to you by the maker(s) of TotC

That's what scares me. I have to admit that it looks interesting though, but I'd have to see a hell of a lot more before they see a penny from me.

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
It looks promising and it's brilliant that we've got two companies (including NG:Dev) developing for our beloved console. Of course I'd like to see more but it's better than not giving a shit.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Honestly, this looks like shit. Fucking stupid idea... My heart goes out to the hundreds of original AES and MVS carts they're likely going to kill for this shitty game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It looks promising and it's brilliant that we've got two companies (including NG:Dev) developing for our beloved console. Of course I'd like to see more but it's better than not giving a shit.

NGDEV develops for this console, Le Cortex doesn't. Le Cortex looks as if they make flash games and are trying to port them to the Neo.

The quality from that intro is horrible. It wasn't even polished, stray pixels and lines. No production value. How do they expect anyone to drop $500 on that? I agree it's an interesting idea but so far the execution is failing. If they really get their shit together, it could be a great game. The Neo needs more beat em ups.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
Honestly, this looks like shit. Fucking stupid idea... My heart goes out to the hundreds of original AES and MVS carts they're likely going to kill for this shitty game.

They say this one one of the pages ""In the same way of thinking, we design new kind of cartridge and boxes to avoid the sacrifice of previus existing ones."

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Crouching Pony Hidden Rainbow is a new fighting game using action figures from the 80s and 90s.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Too much Brony to be funny. It's kinda creepy.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That intro probably doesn't look that bad on a crt, and i have to admit that i kind of like the approach. Art style is a bit different and the colour palette seemed odd at first but now that i watched it three times, i think that it was pretty well put together, actually. At least ... So far ... It doesn't seem to be more of the same.

An english website would be nice though and i hope that the game will be more than just a port of a simple flash game.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I thought, and am still of the opinion, that this is an elaborate piss take.

Are they for real with that intro and web page? Geez.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
After seeing that I almost wish it was something brony, that just looked awful to me.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I certainly hope this one is not nearly as bad as TotC was.