Watching Sports During The Pandemic

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
MLB commissioner has already warned the players' union and the TV partners that the season could be canceled by Monday if there is another major outbreak or if the players do not change their off-field behavior (going to strip clubs and the like).

What's wrong with strip clubs?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
MLB commissioner has already warned the players' union and the TV partners that the season could be canceled by Monday if there is another major outbreak or if the players do not change their off-field behavior (going to strip clubs and the like).

If Rob Manfred hasn't overtaken Roger Goodell as the single worst commissioner in major U.S. sports already he's well on his way to doing so. He just makes so many stupid, empty threats.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Better get ready Fami because my Coyotes are coming after your Avalanche in the Stanley Cup playoffs :buttrock:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Better get ready Fami because my Coyotes are coming after your Avalanche in the Stanley Cup playoffs :buttrock:

Your team is going to be moved as soon as the NHL is ready to admit failure in that stupid market.

They should've moved ten years ago, but the City of Glendale decided to essentially subsidize tens of millions of dollars in losses per season and the NHL doesn't want to leave that faucet of free money for a team nobody gives a fuck about.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So they going to start paying college football players or what?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Your team is going to be moved as soon as the NHL is ready to admit failure in that stupid market.

They should've moved ten years ago, but the City of Glendale decided to essentially subsidize tens of millions of dollars in losses per season and the NHL doesn't want to leave that faucet of free money for a team nobody gives a fuck about.

Yep...Fami's scared :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yep...Fami's scared :tickled:

The Avs are gonna win it all.

They're fully healthy for the first time all year.

This is easily the best and deepest Avs squad since the 2001 championship team with Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Blake, Bourque, Foote, Tanguay, Drury, Hejduk, etc.

MacKinnon is the best player in the playoffs and Makar is ridiculous.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
MLB is just too weird for me.

I can't stand the fake crowd noises beig pumped in, but I can understand that with the amount of banter and cussing that goes on with players, attempting to sensor it in real time is an impossible task.

The stupid "your face here" cutouts are just fucking weird...and distracting. I can't stand them in the shot behind the batter's box.

The CG "fans" are WAY over the top. I was watching a game where a player hit a HR, there was the fake crowd cheering sound and literal scenes from a fan's view with fake CG fans cheering...all wearing matching clothes and moving in patterns. It would then cut to the player running the bases (empty stands), then back out to the fake fan view with CG fans...it was absolutely absurd.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
MLB is just too weird for me.

I can't stand the fake crowd noises beig pumped in, but I can understand that with the amount of banter and cussing that goes on with players, attempting to sensor it in real time is an impossible task.

The stupid "your face here" cutouts are just fucking weird...and distracting. I can't stand them in the shot behind the batter's box.

The CG "fans" are WAY over the top. I was watching a game where a player hit a HR, there was the fake crowd cheering sound and literal scenes from a fan's view with fake CG fans cheering...all wearing matching clothes and moving in patterns. It would then cut to the player running the bases (empty stands), then back out to the fake fan view with CG fans...it was absolutely absurd.

Agreed. I do like the 'virtual crowd' at the NBA games concept. Fans log in during the game and show their faces cheering on the team during the game. Not much better than the fake but at least it's real.

I think it was the Seattle Mariners that managed to put cardboard fan cutouts in ALL of their seats. Arizona has the left field stands full of stuffed animals I believe from and promoting the Childrens' Hospital.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Watched the CL and EL matches last week through yesterday. Some great matches. The fake crowd noise is weird when you pay attention, but it would be weirder if you didn't hear anything but the players playing, I guess. Would also be amazing.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So much for college football. Big Ten, then Pac 12 cancel fall football season. They will try to play in the spring of 2021 instead.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
So much for college football. Big Ten, then Pac 12 cancel fall football season. They will try to play in the spring of 2021 instead.

Wonder if the other conferences will do the same now.

I'm still bummed March Madness was cancelled, but it was the right thing to do.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Tampa Bay defeats Columbus 3-2 in FIVE overtimes!!! Sucks to break the all time save record with 85 saves and lose the game. Bet there's a bunch of tired players after this one. Lasted so long that the hockey game that was after this one got pushed to tomorrow.

famicommander

15 Year Member
12 shots on goal is all the Yotes could muster.
tenor.gif

Avs put up 3 goals in a span of 1 minute, 23 seconds. 3-0 final, Avs up 1-0 in the series.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
12 shots on goal is all the Yotes could muster.
tenor.gif

Avs put up 3 goals in a span of 1 minute, 23 seconds. 3-0 final, Avs up 1-0 in the series.

You can't win many games taking 12 shots on goal, that's for damn sure. They've been outshot badly in every game so far :(

On the plus side, the D-Backs outslugged the Rockies two days in a row in that fine thin mile high air :buttrock:

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
That's 2-0 Avs already.

Yotes have no depth at forward. Soderberg couldn't even hold a spot on the Avs' third line and y'all got him on the top line.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That's 2-0 Avs already.

Yotes have no depth at forward. Soderberg couldn't even hold a spot on the Avs' third line and y'all got him on the top line.

Just you wait. The first two were on the road but now the series shifts back to...oh, wait...DAMN!!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bayern beat Barcelona 8-2 today.

It was a massacre.

They didn't just beat'em. They smacked them around. Talk about a satisfying win.

I really wanted a Juve Barca final but it is what it is. May the best team win. Plus I don't know if it would have been possible to seem them in the final.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.

SEC, ACC, and Big XII gonna try to have a football season after all.

How realistic is it for B10 and PAC12 to have both a spring and fall/winter season in 2021?

BTW, I'm loving the hockey playoffs. I remember when it was a regular thing fir the NHL to have back to back playoff games on a series. It's nice to see it again. Also nice to have games from afternoon to night.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Thankfully I only care about MMA and that has been relatively unaffected.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs wrecked the Coyotes, 7-1.

That's 3-1 in the series.

Hope Burakovsky isn't hurt too badly.