Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Very nice pickups!!
Good games all around for all systems.

The TG16 lot has some games that are pricey, hope you scored a great deal.

If you are not into the SMS I'd be willing to by those two games off of you. Alex Kidd in Shinobi world is really fun.
I paid around 20% less than "market value" for most of these. TBH I think Pro Pinball is actually kind of boring, especially when compared to classics like Devil's/Alien Crush. Nah, I wouldn't have picked up any of these if I didn't intend to keep them. My SMS collection is up to 85!

Dat GnG!!!
Yeah, was surprised to find it complete. The better pickup was Alex Kidd in Shinobi World. Blue label, absolutely mint. Literally looks like it was just taken out of the factory wrap.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Scoop of the month for sure.

Thanks, I was pretty happy to find it. It needs a battery door but everything else is in good shape. The sticker has it being put out the day before, I can't believe it lasted so long.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I paid around 20% less than "market value" for most of these. TBH I think Pro Pinball is actually kind of boring, especially when compared to classics like Devil's/Alien Crush. Nah, I wouldn't have picked up any of these if I didn't intend to keep them. My SMS collection is up to 85!

Yeah, was surprised to find it complete. The better pickup was Alex Kidd in Shinobi World. Blue label, absolutely mint. Literally looks like it was just taken out of the factory wrap.

85 games, hell yeah!! Very underrated system, as the NES gets tons more respect than it deserves.

Alex Kidd is a fun quick play.

Congrats again!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Thought I would share a couple images of my new hobby.

U44QQ8Mm.jpg

pGwcvuQm.jpg

Plan on getting an on-road car in a few months.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I used to think so, but now I'm a little more cautious with calling it one of the best. The catchy music is still excellent, though.

There are so many good shooters on the MD oliver that i'd actually really struggle to pick a top ten lol.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Thought I would share a couple images of my new hobby.

U44QQ8Mm.jpg

pGwcvuQm.jpg

Plan on getting an on-road car in a few months.

Damn, another money pit of a hobby. Enjoy!

Had a road car, gas, brushless, drift, and a rock crawler.
They were fun, but hobby got too expensive and got tired of having to buy replacement parts.
They were costing me more than my regular car, so said no mas.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Yeah, it is expensive, but I figured it gets me outside and so far I am only $1150 in. Plan on doing some upgrades and then I will stop once I hit about $2500. Trying to get some friends into 5th scale racing here in Denver.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
A childhood friend of mine started building RC planes in the mid 90s. Nowadays he's spending thousands on jet engines.
I myself am thinking about getting a Tamiya Neo Fighter or Neo Scorcher for the summer. Something I don't expect to survive more than a few weeks. Should be fun.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I paid around 20% less than "market value" for most of these. TBH I think Pro Pinball is actually kind of boring, especially when compared to classics like Devil's/Alien Crush.

As far as Saturn pinballs go, check out Necronomicon. ;)

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah, it is expensive, but I figured it gets me outside and so far I am only $1150 in. Plan on doing some upgrades and then I will stop once I hit about $2500. Trying to get some friends into 5th scale racing here in Denver.

Sounds like a good plan, hope you have the willpower.
It's tough when you get into RC cause there is always something Bigger, Badder, Better coming out.

What radio are you using?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Sounds like a good plan, hope you have the willpower.
It's tough when you get into RC cause there is always something Bigger, Badder, Better coming out.

What radio are you using?

At the moment a 3-channel Flysky Radio. Once I get her dialed in, I will be moving to a Futaba 4PX or 7PX once I get my second on-road car.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
One of the most wonderful 1st world problems that console has to offer ;).

So difficult to pick a top ten for me personally when it comes to MD shooters, i love so many of them, including some of the less mentioned ones.
I just need to pick up task force harrier ex, it's the last shooter i want on the system.
I'm holding out for a good deal on the japanese release because i love the boxart with it.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
is this a hd re-release or a remake?

What Gyrian said. Kiwami games are complete remakes of Yakuza 1 and 2. While the HD Collection were essentially the first two titles with higher resolution, Kiwami remakes got a complete graphics overhaul, re-recorded dialogue, many gameplay improvements and so on. This is a comparison of the first Yakuza game in the PS3 HD version, compared to the Kiwami on PS4. It illustrates the differences pretty well. The graphical ones, anyway:

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
A remake to the level of Yakuza 0. See the first Kiwami, same thing.

wow, didn't even know this existed. but he looks much better in this one then he did in yakuza 0. maybe even the best looking kazuma yet.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
wow, didn't even know this existed. but he looks much better in this one then he did in yakuza 0. maybe even the best looking kazuma yet.

The Kiwami remakes are amazing. The first one got a western release in August of 2017. I've been playing Japanese releases since Yakuza 5, because back then we didn't even know if we'd ever get them. Yakuza 5 got only a digital release in english, and even that took exactly three years. After that, we got Yakuza 0 in the west, which took almost two years ... I can't be bothered to wait that long. First Kiwami came with a code for the early demo of Yakuza 6, too. I'm a huge fan of the series, but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good action adventure title.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm a huge fan of the series, but I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good action adventure title.

Listen to this man. My first one was Yakuza 0, a total blast. If you start there, you already have this one and Kiwami to enjoy without feeling like you've missed out on years worth of games. Past that, Kiwami 2 is looking fantastic. :)