May The Force Be With You BITCHES!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would personally take Hitler out of his abusive father’s reach, and try to communicate to him the struggles of artists, and that he shouldn’t take it personally. Hitler was a broken guy, who found acceptance and a future in nationalism. You know there are so many hitlers today, and they don’t deserve to be killed by Time Cops, necessarily.

A true Jedi will find a way to combat the dark side without embracing the dark side.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Ended up finally watching Last Jedi last night despite already being spoiled about Luke & Snoke...We thought it was great & the kids didn't fall asleep despite it ending near midnight.

why.jpg

I really dont see what all the hate is about...Maybe all the butthurt fanboys are upset that none of their theory materialize...That's pretty much what the movie did, it was unpredictable. All the setup from Awakening didn't mean shit. It was perfectly setup with... out with the old in with the new. I like how they ended the movie in a planet of Salt. I think the director knew it was going to have salt by all the fanboys like every Star Wars films that gets released. Maybe they did enough to finally kill off these crybabies but probably not...They will be the first to watch Episode 9 & cry about that too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I would personally take Hitler out of his abusive father’s reach, and try to communicate to him the struggles of artists, and that he shouldn’t take it personally.
Obviously, that would be the best solution, but most people would be too lazy to take on that level and length of commitment. Even relocating the baby to foster parents in rural Canada would do the trick, too.

Anyway, in Luke's case, he didn't go to Ben's room with the idea of killing him. It was a momentary impulse that came and went in a second. Already shoved back down by the time Ben woke up. It was just unfortunate timing.

And Luke is not a true Jedi anyway. He was 95% self taught. Not that being a true Jedi is a worthy goal anyway. The Jedi's complete rejection of the dark side is what led to the rise of Palpatine in the first place. I've never heard a group preach so much about "balance" while apparently having zero understanding about what balance means. The Jedi Order was a noble idea, but ultimately a failed and destructive experiment. Trying to recreate it was a mistake.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If this is supposed to happen in a galaxy far far away, why did people have accents that are on planet Earth? I never understood that.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Obviously, that would be the best solution, but most people would be too lazy to take on that level and length of commitment. Even relocating the baby to foster parents in rural Canada would do the trick, too.

Anyway, in Luke's case, he didn't go to Ben's room with the idea of killing him. It was a momentary impulse that came and went in a second. Already shoved back down by the time Ben woke up. It was just unfortunate timing.

And Luke is not a true Jedi anyway. He was 95% self taught. Not that being a true Jedi is a worthy goal anyway. The Jedi's complete rejection of the dark side is what led to the rise of Palpatine in the first place. I've never heard a group preach so much about "balance" while apparently having zero understanding about what balance means. The Jedi Order was a noble idea, but ultimately a failed and destructive experiment. Trying to recreate it was a mistake.

Yeah & what's wrong with Luke being a flawed person...This made his character more human. That's probably the reason why they decided for Luke to do a "force time" at the end, as he didn't want to kill his nephew. He ended up sacrificing himself so his friends can escape. He had a peaceful death which pretty much ended his story arc as im ok with that.

People who has a problem with that failed to realize that they did the same for the older movies too. Obiwan failed Anakin...Yoda lost to the emperor. So instead of those guys resolving their issue they had Luke do it. Luke failed Ben, so Luke wants Rey to resolve his failure. Its the Jedi way.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He had a peaceful death which pretty much ended his story arc as im ok with that.

He's dead but he's a jedi so he's still alive and will deffo be in the next movie.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
One band that used to be in my top 5 now has 2 albums I love, 2 I like, and 2 I'm meh about, and 3 I can't stand.

Add a couple more albums to the "I can't stand" category and you'd sound like a Weezer fan.

On topic: Are we going to see a drop in the episode 9 box office? Have people simply had enough at this point? Or do they want to see where this is going out of curiosity?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Bad writing. Lazy writing.

This...the film is just poorly written, plain and simple.

Add a couple more albums to the "I can't stand" category and you'd sound like a Weezer fan.

On topic: Are we going to see a drop in the episode 9 box office? Have people simply had enough at this point? Or do they want to see where this is going out of curiosity?

Well...my boos has seen it 4 times already, so I’m guessing no, it will not slow down. Some people will gobble up anything old shit Hollywood craps out...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Part of the problem with these new movies is that I'm old.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
And the other part is that they're bad.

I agree, I really do not feel that Ep VII, VIII, or Rogue One are kids films...

Having a 9 year old child, from time to time, I’m subjected to movies that are clearly not made for adults. When I have to power through them, I do it with an understanding that they’re just not for me. The SW films are a nothing but kids movies.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I agree, I really do not feel that Ep VII, VIII, or Rogue One are kids films...

Having a 9 year old child, from time to time, I’m subjected to movies that are clearly not made for adults. When I have to power through them, I do it with an understanding that they’re just not for me. The SW films are a nothing but kids movies.

I don't think any of the films have ever been solely 'kids' movies.' That's just a shield their defenders, as well as edgy people, like to throw up to deflect criticism and discredit the critic.

I think these movies are intended as all ages entertainment with the primary audience being young people (teenagers) but with enough spectacle and substance (at times) that both younger and older can enjoy them through their respective lenses. The Last Jedi, in particular, is overly ladened with the metatext of its themes to the point where it gets in the way of executing whatever ideas it may have.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Was there something there with the "whose side?" theme - or was it just coincidence? That's the only connection I could see in Finn and Rose's side quest - learning about the blurred lines between good and evil (arms dealers). That's what I saw Luke was struggling with the Jedi (Jedi create Sith). That's what Poe was dealing with in a way relevant to the internal workings of the Resistance (yeah, was weak and easily avoidable). That's where Kylo's proposition could have been more interesting (and ended the movie about 30 minutes sooner). There seemed to be a theme there, but the theme also seemed to be abandoned from fulfillment.

Instead, the code cracker leaves Finn and Rose with the quote about fighting another day which sounded more like, "All of your quests are for nothing (much less this one)". If they would have started with the backstab then explained the blurred lines later, it would have made more sense - but perhaps "later" is Episode 9 and code-cracker will pull a Tamtel Skreej.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't think any of the films have ever been solely 'kids' movies.' That's just a shield their defenders, as well as edgy people, like to throw up to deflect criticism and discredit the critic.

I think these movies are intended as all ages entertainment with the primary audience being young people (teenagers) but with enough spectacle and substance (at times) that both younger and older can enjoy them through their respective lenses.

I've always seen them pitched at a kind of Dr Who level audience. Kids TV with something to keep adults interested too. I can't imagine many bona fide adults went to see the original release on their own but it's certainly grown beyond that.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've talked to about a dozen kids ranging in age from 6-16. All of them absolutely loved the movie.
This movie series clearly isn't for Star Wars fans. They have killed off everyone. The characters of the old trilogy are dead. I've made my peace with that.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I've talked to about a dozen kids ranging in age from 6-16. All of them absolutely loved the movie.
This movie series clearly isn't for Star Wars fans. They have killed off everyone. The characters of the old trilogy are dead. I've made my peace with that.
"They" haven't killed off everyone. Time has. All of them are old ass people, one of which is now legit dead. You can't make a series of action adventure movies starring people who look like they have great grandkids on the way. Hamill is the only one of them who can kind of do anything anymore. Ford looks like pieces are going to fall off when he tries to do action now, and he hates these movies anyway. Fisher couldn't do any of the stuff required of a starring Star Wars role anymore. Couldn't run, had the slow careful enunciation of an elderly person trying not to make slurping sounds with her speech. It's awful to say that, but it will happen to all of us eventually, and sooner if we abuse ourselves the way she did. Anthony Daniels also sounded like he was struggling to sound normal, and Peter Mayhew was only capable of an advisory role with Chewie. He can't actually be in the suit anymore. These movies HAVE to be about new characters.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
"They" haven't killed off everyone. Time has. All of them are old ass people, one of which is now legit dead. You can't make a series of action adventure movies starring people who look like they have great grandkids on the way. Hamill is the only one of them who can kind of do anything anymore. Ford looks like pieces are going to fall off when he tries to do action now, and he hates these movies anyway. Fisher couldn't do any of the stuff required of a starring Star Wars role anymore. Couldn't run, had the slow careful enunciation of an elderly person trying not to make slurping sounds with her speech. It's awful to say that, but it will happen to all of us eventually, and sooner if we abuse ourselves the way she did. Anthony Daniels also sounded like he was struggling to sound normal, and Peter Mayhew was only capable of an advisory role with Chewie. He can't actually be in the suit anymore. These movies HAVE to be about new characters.

My beef isn't with the fact that they're killing off characters...my gripe is how they are going about it. X-Men 3 killed everyone off, it didn't make it a good film. Luke's appearance in VIII was almost embarrassing, as if they not only wanted to kill him, they wanted him to look like a complete moron while they were doing it. Han got a better death. Snoke was also a massive buildup that ended in a joke. They spent time building him up in VII only to have him appear in a few scenes and finally get cut in half. Zero back stroy, no explanation of who he is/was...nope, he's a dick in a few scenes, then he's dead. Moving on.

I don't think most people are complaining about the fact that the old is dying off, many are complaining about the way that it has been done.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My beef isn't with the fact that they're killing off characters...my gripe is how they are going about it. X-Men 3 killed everyone off, it didn't make it a good film. Luke's appearance in VIII was almost embarrassing, as if they not only wanted to kill him, they wanted him to look like a complete moron while they were doing it. Han got a better death. Snoke was also a massive buildup that ended in a joke. They spent time building him up in VII only to have him appear in a few scenes and finally get cut in half. Zero back stroy, no explanation of who he is/was...nope, he's a dick in a few scenes, then he's dead. Moving on.

I don't think most people are complaining about the fact that the old is dying off, many are complaining about the way that it has been done.

I just found out that the guy, Rian Johnson, was the director AND sole writer for this film.

His previous credits include Looper. The Brothers Bloom, and Brick (which is admittedly great).

...whose idea was it to give one guy basically all power over a story he didn't start and, from all accounts, failed to grasp?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just found out that the guy, Rian Johnson, was the director AND sole writer for this film.

His previous credits include Looper. The Brothers Bloom, and Brick (which is admittedly great).

...whose idea was it to give one guy basically all power over a story he didn't start and, from all accounts, failed to grasp?

Rian Johnson Walks Alone.

I get so excited when I see STK post.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Disney needed to reboot this franchise and prepare for the future (and it isn't episode 9). 9 is just an end to the old ways. That new kid with the broomstick will be the new sith lord.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I was just speaking with a co-worker about this. They need a coherent, well thought out master plot...which they obviously do not have.

I've said many times that I do not like Ep I-III....BUT, Lucas had a well thought out master plot, it was just poorly implemented. Ep I-III tell us how the empire started, how the clone wars happened, how Anakin went to the dark side, how thw Jedi order was destroyed, how Luke and Leah came to be, it's all there. The application was shit, but we know a master plot.

Ep VII and VIII feel like completely different movies, with scattered direction and no real master plot.

Disney needed to reboot this franchise and prepare for the future (and it isn't episode 9). 9 is just an end to the old ways. That new kid with the broomstick will be the new sith lord.

This is the point, Disney wants to nab current young viewers who will follow the franchise like we have since the 80's. Its tell tale that my 9 year old daughter, my friends 9 year old daughter, and he 6 year old son absolutely love it.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is what ultimately pissed me off about VIII...I see it as a "fuck off, original fans, we don't need you anymore" kind of film.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is what ultimately pissed me off about VIII...I see it as a "fuck off, original fans, we don't need you anymore" kind of film.

Agreed, wish Disney didn't have to be so obvious about it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm also fine with them passing the torch to new characters. No problem there at all.

But I feel like The Last Jedi really just botched the execution. You can pass the torch without burning down the house to do it.

RE: Disney telling the fans to 'fuck off'-this was how everyone felt when Lucas was making the prequels. He was dismissive of the classic trilogy while trying to legitimize the prequels and oftentimes it came off as a thorny resistance to what the older fans wanted. There is a LOT there to unpack and quite frankly, I don't get paid enough to do it. Suffice it to say Lucas did not want to deal with the old fans.

Kathleen Kennedy is doing something completely different here. I'm not going to bother explaining it all.

It has been proven that good curation of pop culture touchstones exists. Kevin Feige has, more or less, done a good job adding to the fan base without alienating any noticeable percentage of the older fans with Marvel. There is a way to keep the old and grow the market at the same time. I have my quibbles about the Marvel movies but for the most part, I feel they walk that line very well.

RE: Rian Johnson having sole creative control over Episode VIII-Not on your life. Not even if he says it. Not even if Kathleen Kennedy says it. If they say it, they are lying. Kathleen Kennedy is using these directors as middle men to lay the blame on if these films fail. Have no doubt that she is the overlord.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"They" haven't killed off everyone. Time has. All of them are old ass people, one of which is now legit dead. You can't make a series of action adventure movies starring people who look like they have great grandkids on the way.

Sure, but they are doing more than just killing them off. The legacy of these characters is about as cold as their bodies.
The rebels are now a skeleton crew.