I need a GAL16V8 programmed for me for a CPS1 pcb also can I get away with buying minipro

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Hi,
I've never had the need for these until now. I need a Magic Sword MS24B pal chip burned for me.
You can respond here or PM me.f you PM me and it is full, I'll get back to. I will pay you pf course...
I'm also going to purchase a cheap programmer for these and wondered if I could get away with a USB TL866II Plus Programmer EPROM EEPROM Flash MiniPro
Thank you

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Hey BB, not much to say other than have you tried Matt's Basement Arcade? That chip isn't listed but I sent him a message about a custom chip and he got back to me very quickly and said he did have it, it just wasn't listed. Worth a shot.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I actually found the file online last night but decided I would rather have somebody else do it for me which is more convenient than purchasing what I need ATM.
Thanks for the reply, got a link?
BB

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have a shitload of these GALs. Send me the .jed and I'll burn you one.

I don't know about the programmer you mentioned, but I use a top2049 or top3000 for these.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah man, I want to get my hands on either one of those but couldn't find one.... Thanks alot, I will PM you...I will aso clear my PM. Maybe I can get some of those gals off you for my future use as well!!
I have a shitload of these GALs. Send me the .jed and I'll burn you one.

I don't know about the programmer you mentioned, but I use a top2049 or top3000 for these.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Seems like skate is a pimp with all the GALs he has...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Just a quick update.
I purchased a working B+C board and confirmed the PAL chip was definitely bad along with the custom chip C.P.S-B-13 chip attached to the C board.
Anyway, I figured that the custom chip just needed to be re-flowed so I did that and it yielded me no results so then I went on to check for bad tracks.I found 1 bad track,the picture got a tad better,I found another bad track, and then another and then another up to six of them leaving me with some blocks in the background of the sprites and a jittery background on some levels.
I double checked and triple checked to see if I might be missing something so I said to myself,repairing six tracks on the c-board is messy so I'll just do a transplant of the B-13 to a problem free compatible C board that I picked up. I did the transplant and yielded the same results which unfortunately confirms the custom chip is screwed!
I was doing some reading up and this particular game's custom chip takes a sh8t quite often...
I gave my friend the good custom chip and if I can pick up a replacement on the cheap in the future I will BUT I'm not hard pressed for the game as it is a pretty repetative excercise.
I forgot to mention I haven't purchased a Programmer for the GAL chips yet.I may get that cheap one and report back.
BB

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Damn CPS customs. Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out if the .jed we found was correct?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I will verify that file after I purchase a programmer.It states that it's been verified working. I mean it's no problem for me to get to the bottom of it now that all I need is the programmer which I will be purchasing probably this weekend or sooner I will report back on that.
BB
Damn CPS customs. Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out if the .jed we found was correct?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Those are for the A board. I need one for the B board(not really) but it would complete the set. I would have two complete sets with the PLDS and two bad custom chips for the C BOARD. I'm going to try and reconnect a custom chip with a sync problem and see if that yields anything different.
BB

This site is a great resource for stuff like this in the future: https://www.jammarcade.net/wiki/index.php?title=Magic_Sword_(CPS1)

I can burn these easily if anyone needs them sometime.