The King of Fighters: Destiny

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks for sharing this Matt. Now sure how different this project will be from their android/ios bound King of Fighters World mmorpg with respect to plot.

Was interesting to see Geese battle what appeared to be Jeff Bogard over a hyakkyokuseiken secret technique scroll ala the old tv special anime at least...

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
so this is just an update to kof 14 right?.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
It's a 24 episode CG anime, apparently.

oh it's a tv series?. ok, then i would say that the characters look a little weird and the cg doesn't look the best, but will give it a watch. who knows, this might end up being great.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Well at least it's not news of yet another port. I'm all for them actually putting out new stuff, whatever it may be.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
- It's a CG series, and will be available on Steam
- It's being outsourced by a Chinese company
- Seems to focus on past stories of FF / AoF / KOF

I love the concept, but the character design and general art direction ruin it for me. Will reserve judgement until release, I guess.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Reminds me of the Wild Ambition intro on the PSX port. Simple but it had something going...or maybe I'm just a fanboy...either way I'm watching it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Can I please just have KOF IV on my stupid Xbox? Please?

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Some fatal fury retellings, Art of fighting, Kyo passing by Terry, Orochi snake, Rugal. Interesting. Looks like an early PS3 cutscene but I'll probably watch it. Being an snk fan is tough now a days. We're so desperate for snk to do anything that at the very least isn't mobile that our standards have gotten really shaky. :/

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Looks like shit. I'll check it out.
tumblr_lpcagcPbeI1qf2dlx.gif

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It's obviously been done on a bit of a budget, but the only character I have a problem with from the trailer is Terry. His face doesn't suit him, it looks like someone in Terry cosplay to me.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It's obviously been done on a bit of a budget, but the only character I have a problem with from the trailer is Terry. His face doesn't suit him, it looks like someone in Terry cosplay to me.

You haven't seen Robert :(

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
But who's the writer? Judging from the butget looks, some horoscope columnist from a subpar chinese newspaper ;).

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, I just came here to say the same. First episode is now on Steam.

I just watched it and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I will be continuing with it. I quite liked the humour. I watch quite a lot of chinese films and enjoy their brand of silly slapstick humour.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Yeah I'm not quite to the point of thinking I would ever do PPV on Steam.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Ok well ok then, I will look at it. Every time I went into that section of Steam it just showed things you can pay money for.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Episodes 1 & 2 are now on YouTube...

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
fight scenes were alright, but the characters look weird and the animation is worse than it was in the trailer. the whole thing looks like cutscenes from a ps1 game.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
fight scenes were alright, but the characters look weird and the animation is worse than it was in the trailer. the whole thing looks like cutscenes from a ps1 game.

It really does. I remember playing Resident Evil 2 and thinking that one day gameplay graphics would look that good. Now they just look primitive :keke:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the youtube links Matt. That was a pretty fun watch.

Not gonna lie though, just like EG said, I had this on my mind the whole time:

Glad this will be longer than the older KOF: Another Day series.