Fuck Yeah Vita!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I have a original Vita and two PSTVs. I purchased one on clearance with the sole intent of jailbreaking several years ago.
I tried for a couple hours awhile ago with the email thing (didn't work) but got it going in the last few months with the enso/henkaku thing.
I am so happy, just the whitelist alone makes it worth it. I've got about 25 cards and most didn't work on the PSTV.
I ordered a couple stands from rose colored gaming for $12 each to pimp them out.
I also got some some sd to vita cards but on the hacked system I decided to just go with a 128gb usb.
Maybe I can make use of them one day after I hack the Vita after Sony totally drops it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They finally have SD to Vita cards? Geez, that took a little too long.
Do they support larger than 64GB?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
256 I think, 200gb are pretty affordable these days and you don't have to worry about it possibly being a few kb too big for the system to recognize it.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Which brand of SD card to Vita do you all like? Seems to be a ton of them. Where did you order yours from? I have an official 64gb I paid an arm and a leg for...but would like a 128 (and already have a bunch of micro SD cards).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Which brand of SD card to Vita do you all like? Seems to be a ton of them. Where did you order yours from? I have an official 64gb I paid an arm and a leg for...but would like a 128 (and already have a bunch of micro SD cards).
They are all built of similar quality. I think you're better off with the ones that have an actual cartridge shell on them and are not just the pcb.

Just so everyone is clear, this is only for Vitas running 3.60 Henkaku. It also works through the cart slot and not the Vita memory card slot like lots of folks seem to think.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It also works through the cart slot and not the Vita memory card slot like lots of folks seem to think.

Huh, no shit. I didn't know that - I thought it replaced the actual memory card you normally use. I still have lots of research before even getting one. I've hacked/modded/raped my OS so much since I got it I want to do a fresh install of everything down to the OS so I have to figure out how to do that without bricking the unit, accidentally updating it to above 3.60, backing up all my save games (have some like 50+ hour Final Fantasy saves on that ;) etc.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
So to use the after market sd cards you have to run CFW?

On another note I think I will pick up Croixleur Sigma from limited run. The combat system intrigues me.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Is there going to be an Asian English physical release of The Lost Child?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So to use the after market sd cards you have to run CFW?

On another note I think I will pick up Croixleur Sigma from limited run. The combat system intrigues me.

Yes. Basically you dump all the game images on the SD card, plug that into the cart slot and then load up a homebrew program that let's you browse and execute the files. Without a custom firmware you cannot load the launching program.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yes. Basically you dump all the game images on the SD card, plug that into the cart slot and then load up a home really program that let's you browse and execute the files. Without a custom firmware you cannot load the launching program.

I love my hacked PSP, but have had no desire yet, to do that to my vita. That's cool I'll look into that. Thanks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I loved my hacked PSP years back but nowadays I'm not sure I'd care to hack the Vita even though mine is past the FW where it's possible. I only play it when I'm flying...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I loved my hacked PSP years back but nowadays I'm not sure I'd care to hack the Vita even though mine is past the FW where it's possible. I only play it when I'm flying...

TBH, the games are so cheap for this machine that I don't see why you'd want to hack it. Unless you want to play low res psp emulators or PSP/PSone classics that are not available on PSN.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
TBH, the games are so cheap for this machine that I don't see why you'd want to hack it. Unless you want to play low res psp emulators or PSP/PSone classics that are not available on PSN.

I have a spare NOS PSTV I hope to hack one day. I think it'd be great to have a portable option to hook up to a TV for these games, but (without links), are there Vita roms available, too?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I love my hacked PSP, but have had no desire yet, to do that to my vita. That's cool I'll look into that. Thanks.

Yeah - it's one of those systems that I have zero desire to mod. My hope is that knock-off memory cards become a thing someday.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I have a spare NOS PSTV I hope to hack one day. I think it'd be great to have a portable option to hook up to a TV for these games, but (without links), are there Vita roms available, too?

yup

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Did anyone else pick up a physical copy of Windjammers? If you put the cart in, you get a constant error message. In order to play the game, it requires a patch. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying the cart.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Did anyone else pick up a physical copy of Windjammers? If you put the cart in, you get a constant error message. In order to play the game, it requires a patch. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying the cart.

I feel much better about not buying it now, so ridiculous!

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

If you put your Vita on Airplane Mode, you should be able to play it fine.

P.S.
Anyone pick up 99 Vidas today from Strictly Limited Games?