NEOGEO X next game hint?

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The NEOGEO X page on Facebook just uploaded this.

uploadfromtaptalk1359771712844.jpg

With the quote:

"I shall return in 400 years..."

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Sengoku.

They'll probably milk it and offer the first one only. Probably not a game most NeoGeoX owners have been dying to have, but it was probably much cheaper to license than the games people would actually want.

I wonder how much they'll charge. The idea of people paying anything over $10 for a ROM of that game in 2013 is pretty funny.

Last edited:

Mishran

New Challenger
Charge more than $10, and my money they won't get.

If it's true that it's coming, hopefully they do the smart thing and release the MVS version.

Big thumbs up if it's a trilogy card. If not, at least go with the first two on a card and release the third alone.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Unless its packaged just like ninja masters, then I cant see them charging just ten bucks, hardly worth their time although would be a good selling point because Cd's cost fuck all to make and companies charge more for games on those.
I am hoping no more than 15- 20 bucks a game but if come packaged with mini manual I would go up to 25 bucks as thats only £15 pound in UK money so not too much.

As for what they release, you know what companies are like, they can ask as many questions as they want but still do only what pleases them.
100 percent of the customers could say we want MVS options and they still wouldnt do it.

Last edited:

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
Wich neo geo x page? the one i "liked" does not have that post.

Ps: nevermind, found it

Ps2: Loved the first game on the series, never played that much of 2 and 3.

Last edited:

c0ldb33r

n00b
I'm really happy that they dropped this hint. This is the first news that makes me think the format isn't dead :)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Out of all the great games out there why hint at Sengoku 1? Lots of better choices out there and I hope they do not try and charge $20 for this game. I can't say much as I don't have a NGX but after the system being hacked to all hell and back, which I'm positive Tommo knows about, why would they even try.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's already on the SNK Arcade Classics vol.1

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
If this is the first release, it's pathetic, I'm a big fan of the NGX, faults and all, but who has been asking for sengoku? Who?....no one. That's who. :rolleyes:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Love Sengoku. I think it's a perfect first choice. What did everyone expect? Garou, Samurai Shodown V? There are only a finite number of games that they can even release for this system, it makes sense that they release the older games first.

cabear

n00b
Why keep releasing the same older games when tommo could be releasing newer titles?

Makes so sense to me, I don't want to keep playing the same older titles already released.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I have never played any of those Sengoku games.
Viewpoint is on my list as a must buy but they need to get the screen tears sorted out first as those scrolling games get it the worst.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, they have a poll asking users to vote on the next game they'd like to see on the X. Predictably, the top games were Mark of the Wolves, SvC Chaos and Metal Slug 3. So, they pick Sengoku, which was near the bottom of the list.

All I can say is Sengoku had either be a pack with all the games, or just one of several games being released at the same time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Unless Sengoku 2 and 3 are also on the same SD card, I wouldn't bother.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Sengoku 3 sucks dude. There's no trilogy. It's part of the series as much as rotd is part of dd.

I'd love to see the Sengoku series on the NeoGeo X! Personally I'd like to see all three on a game card however if one and two were released together with three on it's own...I'd be happy with that.

So, they have a poll asking users to vote on the next game they'd like to see on the X. Predictably, the top games were Mark of the Wolves, SvC Chaos and Metal Slug 3. So, they pick Sengoku, which was near the bottom of the list.

I think licensing issues will have a lot to do with what games get released first...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
To each their own, I've found it to be fun. But yeah, if the card release has just Sengoku alone, I don't know if I'd bother.

There is no "to each their own". This isn't subjective. The only thing interesting about Sengoku 2001 is the jacked up price tag. Otherwise, enjoy fighting the same enemy over and over and over. There's like 5 enemies. Great game? No.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
There is no "to each their own". This isn't subjective.

Not sure I agree with you there. Here's a few quotes from Neo-Geo.com reviews of Sengoku 3:

"Overall-9
This game is a load of fun. We need more beat-'em-ups like this on the Neo. At around the $250 price range on home cart, Sengoku 3 won't break the bank either. In this reviewers opinion, SNK and Noise Factory has answered Capcom's long line of beat'em-ups very well. If you enjoy the genre, Sengoku 3 will not disappoint. But don't get it for me, get it for Okuni" Review by SiFi

"Overall: With great control and smooth gameplay, Sengoku 3 delivers a short, but entertaining romp through modern suburbia while eliminating super natural creatures. It’s not great, but not bad either." Revoew from NeoLord

"This, rather than NitD, is the type of game which is needed to really revitalize the MVS in the way that it should be in this era of Neo-Geo games. Perhaps SNK was right when they said that "this is not just another Sengoku" (although an obvious marketing pitch) about this game, at it blows its predecessors away in every category. No, there is not a great deal of innovation here, but what is here is an extremely well done side-scrolling beat-'em-up, and, being devout Neo fans, given the hardcore 2D traditionalists we are, when all is said and done, Sengoku 2001 leaves us little room to complain. Overall: 8.5/10" Review from Yukuri

Neo x

War Room Troll
Not sure I agree with you there. Here's a few quotes from Neo-Geo.com reviews of Sengoku 3:

"Overall-9
This game is a load of fun. We need more beat-'em-ups like this on the Neo. At around the $250 price range on home cart, Sengoku 3 won't break the bank either. In this reviewers opinion, SNK and Noise Factory has answered Capcom's long line of beat'em-ups very well. If you enjoy the genre, Sengoku 3 will not disappoint. But don't get it for me, get it for Okuni" Review by SiFi

"Overall: With great control and smooth gameplay, Sengoku 3 delivers a short, but entertaining romp through modern suburbia while eliminating super natural creatures. It’s not great, but not bad either." Revoew from NeoLord

"This, rather than NitD, is the type of game which is needed to really revitalize the MVS in the way that it should be in this era of Neo-Geo games. Perhaps SNK was right when they said that "this is not just another Sengoku" (although an obvious marketing pitch) about this game, at it blows its predecessors away in every category. No, there is not a great deal of innovation here, but what is here is an extremely well done side-scrolling beat-'em-up, and, being devout Neo fans, given the hardcore 2D traditionalists we are, when all is said and done, Sengoku 2001 leaves us little room to complain. Overall: 8.5/10" Review from Yukuri

Sengoku 3 is a fun game, I enjoyed it a lot. To each their own I say

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
TH

They've posted another image on their Facebook and Twitter accounts. I THINK it's from Top Hunter.

Good catch Target.

egu5avah.jpg

These have GOT to be hints.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360207579304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360207579304.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited: