Getting a CMVS very soon. Where is the best place to get games?

I know this is the most beginner of beginner questions, but where is the best place to get MVS games? I looked on Ebay, but I couldn't find very many sellers who had pics of the circuit boards so I could find out if they were real, or bootleg.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
the past?

its too late even for mvs

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I use eBay and am yet to find a bootleg. If the auction says original then just check the boards when it arrives. If you find a boot then you can return it for a full refund.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've picked up at least 200 MVS carts between here, eBay, YAJ, & the Neostore.

All the bootleg games I've gotten that weren't supposed to be boots were from YAJ & deals here...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You need to put in work on the streets.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sorry, I thought I was allowed to just ask noob questions here.
No need to apologize, you are, but you could also have answered the question yourself with a little research...

Those are two helpful links btw. ^^

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
These forums and other forums alike are a decent place as any to get ok deals on mvs boards. You won't find any steals but you will often find cheaper prices than buying than on ebay. Though they really don't take too kindly to noobs going straight to the market place so you might find it difficult to get a deal here. If you stick around here, forum participation will be highly encouraged.

xsq

shhhh, don't give away all the secrets!

Hey guys,

first time poster, long time reader... So hello from the uk hehe

I had a NGX but it isnt the same as actual hardware (I used to play the hell out of a sit down cab mvs back in the day).

But I only thinking about getting a CMVS, so any advice because I know in the War room there was some uproar with kpj over his ones lol

any advice and reccomendations would be cool, but like I said nothing is definite atm

king regards

Nick

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey Nick,

I'm about to pick up the Omega. After looking around it seems to be the best bang for the buck. The Analogue looks pretty classy and all, but I like that AES look of the Omega a bit more.

My first time posting here too. I don't have new thread privileges yet so I've mostly been lurking to figure these guys out. Always hear this is a, "hostile," place but I'm guessing it just gets annoying having people come in and ask the same questions for years.

I actually just picked up AoF 1 & 2 MVS off eBay today. My first carts. Yeah, I bought them before having a system lol. I see $25 and I buy. They had pictures of the boards that looked all good, so what the hell, right?

Look forward to talking to you more!

-Tim

xsq

Hi Nick (&Tim),

Xian Xi of jamma-nation-x.com builds killer CMVSs as well - he customizes the units he builds after your whishes, does very clean work and is a pillar of this community. (And none of his systems are over $500). Thought I'd add that option, but be aware that he is swamped with orders mot of the time, so expect some hefty waiting times.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Another vote for Xian Xi at Jamma Nation X. I bought mine from him (also shipped to the UK) a couple of years ago now and I couldn't be happier with it. His prices are good and the build quality is great, I haven't had a single issue. You can also choose what output you require, so I had mine done with a simple scart lead, as it's pretty much the standard over here in the UK.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey thanks xsq and MattBlah, I'm gonna take a look at his stuff now and throw that in the mix.

I still have a few month or so before I pull the trigger on a CMVS. I just spent about $10,000 that I've been saving for a couple years to pay off my wedding that I just had Saturday. I'm actually on my honeymoon in Cabo right now.

Think about how nice my collection would look right now if we just did a small courthouse wedding.....

Anyway, thanks again guys.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
+1 again for Xian Xi and Jamma Nation X! Just got a CMVS from him and it is solid and very professional!

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Ha, I just realized that Xian Xi is a member here. I still sent a message via the website though. That seems most appropriate.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Think about how nice my collection would look right now if we just did a small courthouse wedding.....

On this site, you're better supported to keep a happy marriage than a nice collection. Seriously.