Favorite stage in Samurai Shodown 2

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Absolutely. Haohmaru's stage in SSI is nothing less than iconic. You can almost smell the bloodshed in this merciless sun. The redundant rhythm of the waves clashing, the sky with it's cleanest abstract blue colour... one could talk endless about it's quality. It's the best stage of the series and, arguably, the best ever created by Shin Nihon. Big words, I know, but look at it again and tell me that I'm wrong ;).

Credits, man.

Indeed. Haohmaru stage in Samurai Shodown is so inspiring. From the opening credits to the fight, feels so authentic, so genuine.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Absolutely. Haohmaru's stage in SSI is nothing less than iconic. You can almost smell the bloodshed in this merciless sun. The redundant rhythm of the waves clashing, the sky with it's cleanest abstract blue colour... one could talk endless about it's quality. It's the best stage of the series and, arguably, the best ever created by Shin Nihon. Big words, I know, but look at it again and tell me that I'm wrong ;).

Word!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
^eh... both credits go to Spike. Am a huge fan of Shiitake anyway. Finest quality, of course ;).

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Galfords Stage, I like sharks
[video]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/530710/Keep/Samurai%20Shodown%20II.gif[/video]

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Yeah i think i also have to go for Galfords stage but only by a tiny margin, the music in it is also badass.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member

It was that stage and game (obviously) that made me just sit back in awe as a child. I told myself that one day I would own a Neo Geo. Sam Sho 1 was what convinced me just how incredible it was.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
This thread needs more pics

Samurai_Shodown_Wallpaper_3.png

And so we don't have to click :)

Samurai%20Shodown%20II.gif

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i love the stage where the Flamingos fly past.so samurai movie.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Man, we should have one of these threads about every Neo fighting game! Just love to discuss stages like this, or to read people's opinions about them!
Granted, some threads would probably turn out longer (most KOFs, this one here, the Last Blade Duo...) and others shorter (Fight Fever), but still! :)
The stage music should always be a factor as well, I think.

On topic: It's almost impossible to decide on one in SS2. Genjueo, Jubei or Haohmaru for me.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Mizuki is a great boss stage as well, especially with the epic music!

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
The artists at SNK in the mid 90s could do no wrong.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, she really is a bitch! I made a playthrough yesterday after reminiscing in this thread. Great fun!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
There's so much eye candy in this classic fighting game that I was just wondering what everyone's favorite stages were? I think my favorite one is Nakoruru's stage with all the animals, trees and the waterfall. Sieger's stage is also pretty cool. It's dark and badass looking with the throne, imperial guards from Star Wars and the storm going on in the distance. Nicotine's Temple Mist stage is a good one too. I guess I like them all to some degree. How about you guys?
Probably the boss stage is my favourite, as it has a lot of different colours, that look good on an RGB PVM. But all the backgrounds are good.