NGPC Prices on the rise and rare games thin on the ground!

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Some big prices being paid for the more desirable UK releases!
Several have been making over £200 GBP complete on fleabay.

Interesting to see. Is the NGPC having a revival?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No it's collectors. They won't play the game and let them sit on a shelf and pound their chest about how much they spent. Period.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'm lucky, the NGPC was my obsession at the time, so I bought all the UK39 and many others for cover price or less.
I shudder to think what a mint complete UK reversi would fetch on fleabay now!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Most of the games going for silly money aren't usually that good. Which saves the rest of us. Look at Legend of Success Joe on MVS, game is ass but fetches a pretty penny still.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Wish I had picked up a Gal Fighters when I had the chance. A lot of games are expensive now UK or USA. Spent a lot of time trading my USA versions for UK/JP clasp version (they look cooler to me). I can see why some people would pay more.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was seriously considering getting into the NGPC not too long ago but to only collect loose carts. Are they still rising prices for loose as well or is it just clam shell cases?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I was seriously considering getting into the NGPC not too long ago but to only collect loose carts. Are they still rising prices for loose as well or is it just clam shell cases?

Looseys aren't so bad, it's the cib ones that get out of control.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
No it's collectors. They won't play the game and let them sit on a shelf and pound their chest about how much they spent. Period.

It's a shame that affordable games have become expensive due to collectors. It only takes one game to really screw it up for everyone else, and then other collectors think that shittier games should be expensive. So sickening already.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
It's a shame that affordable games have become expensive due to collectors. It only takes one game to really screw it up for everyone else, and then other collectors think that shittier games should be expensive. So sickening already.

Reminds me a ton of the NES. Besides Little Samson, every triple digit game is absolute garbage to play. I just cant bring myself to drop $500 on a game I know will play like shit regardless of rarity.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Reminds me a ton of the NES. Besides Little Samson, every triple digit game is absolute garbage to play. I just cant bring myself to drop $500 on a game I know will play like shit regardless of rarity.

Action 52 for that matter. The Angry Video Game Nerd claimed that the game was about $300 retail when it first came out.

I'm basically slowing down with older games, and getting games that I really want to get when they first launch.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
As long as the loosies are still cheap I don't care.

DeusVult

Another Striker
apart from 3 all my games are loose, all uk/USA ones and did not cost to much, not into paying crazy money for them just to be complete, that's what the AES is for :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Came over here because I was thinking of getting back into the NGPC, I had a pretty solid collection years ago that was mostly in the nice snap cases that I sold on here because I wasn't playing it much. It seems like all older systems are going up in prices lately, NES is out of control and even in the last 2-3 years Jaguar prices have gone crazy. Hopefully there are still some deals to be had so I can get back all the games I liked. I've no interest in a complete collection, so hopefully it wouldn't be too crazy to get what I want.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I want MM Power Fighters before it get ridiculously expensive.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It's the same with the US releases too. I need 3 more carts for my set and two of em are stupidly priced. Gals Fighter loose is over $50 these days which is absurd IMO.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Gals fighter jumped a ton lately. Sellers are catching on.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Holy shit, I got that new and loose for like $4 two years ago.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It wasn't a deal then, eBay was flooded with $4 NGPC loosies.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
At my local flea market, some guy was selling ngpc for 100 bucks LOOSE. Guy doesn't even know his prices.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
ngpc stuff is a bit overpriced a local ebay clones too. As long as the loose games are affordable I don't care too much - then again I've not found a loose big tournament golf yet :)