Visit to SNK, any questions to submit?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

as Christmas is coming also this year, I was interested in doing something special, as I'm spending a month in Japan, both in Tokyo and Osaka.

With the election of Soichiro Hosoya as the new SNK Playmore president, and the upcoming release of KOF XII, I proposed to FTL and Shawn my thought about take a day to visit SNKP, wish minnasan good luck for the future, make an interview with both president and staff (new and old), and then publish it on neo-geo.com .

After some email exchange I finally made it, and SNKP gave me the ok to proceed.

Now that the thing is official, I would be pleased to let you all partecipate somehow, suggesting questions which will be part of the interview.

I would gladly accept them all, but of course is not possible, so I was thinking about a selection of ~20 or less (short interview).

On 26/12 I'll be there, but I need to send them the interview (translated) before, so they can check it.

So... what would you ask to actual SNK new president and staff (which btw, is part composed by old SNK people) !?

(^_^)

Santa-Massi

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N
PM sent

Id like to know about a mark of the wolf sequel and if they will realize a new Home console..

regards

Tom(ITA)

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I'd love to know if they plan on making a successor to the MVS, and not just keep using Taito's platform. As well all know how well SNK can shine when it really knows the hardware.

Maybe ask them what their plan is to strenghten the SNK name in the states? SNK USA makes matters worse by destroying the ports, and we see games a good 2 years after their japanese counterparts are released. Without market growth, no new money can really be pulled in.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Tomcat said:
PM sent

Id like to know about a mark of the wolf sequel and if they will realize a new Home console..

regards

Tom(ITA)

Ok thanks,

some wide-questions are already in place, here some:

-President history presentation
-Staff presentation
-Future projects
-KOF XII release date
-Choices made (both technical and artistic) about KOF XII project
-About the arcade market , past present and future.
-Plans for the neogeo "legacy" (new original/sequel games?))
-Will we ever see again G-Mantle? ;)
-neogeo prototypes, thousands of people wonder about them, is there a chance we will ever see something?

Hope this could give some sort of line, I'm sure there are a lot of in-deep questions that could rise here.

Later!

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Why don't you try to find out what the real story behind the US/Euro AES Kizuna Encounter is? There are a lot of people on and outside this forum that want to know more details there. While it's unlikely anyone currently employed will know anything, it's worth a shot. Maybe they'll send you home with a box full. :P (in which case you can keep me in mind pal lol)

Another good question, in my eyes, would be: Who was Nazca? All people do is speculate/assume about them, no one truly knows where they came from (irem?) or where they went (all/some employees transfer to snk?).

Hopefully you'll keep your questions geared towards the Neo Geo system. IMO that is what people here would most likely want to read about, there are still a huge amount of unknowns and the more time that passes the less likely you are to get any answers worth a damn.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Maybe ask them what their plan is to strenghten the SNK name in the states? SNK USA makes matters worse by destroying the ports, and we see games a good 2 years after their japanese counterparts are released. Without market growth, no new money can really be pulled in.

ok, I understand your point, but keeping in mind it's not a debate, I'll pose the question about foreign arcade markets in a wide manner.

anyway it's sure an interesting point, like the chance to see original arcade hardware again.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member

I was thinking something similar to this. I was going to ask, are they satisfied with the way ports are being handled/marketed in North America? It seems like the fans here are pretty critical of many of the releases so far, especially the PSP/PS2 versions. Are they planning on making any changes in the future, or will it be business as usual?

Angel

Morden's Lackey
I would like to know if SNKP decided to make a sequel/prequel, or any game in the old school tradition of Mega Man 9, basically making a new MVS game, for the XBOX Arcade, PS3 store, or Wii-ware, would they consider also producing limited, online order only cart versions of that game.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
You guys are kidding yourselves if you really think SNK has the spare cash laying around to afford full on R&D of new hardware right now. That is a silly question.

It's been 10 years since they've done that (NGP). How much has happened to SNK in those 10 years?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
dunno if this is good enough to make top twenty questions but maybe you could ask if they ever plan to make a magician lord 2, or possibly if it ever crossed there minds to design him as a playable character in neo geo battle coliseum. (ask about plans for a NGBC 2?)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hopefully you'll keep your questions geared towards the Neo Geo system. IMO that is what people here would most likely want to read about, there are still a huge amount of unknowns and the more time that passes the less likely you are to get any answers worth a damn.

I'm sure many people (including me) would spend the whole time talking about that.

But this is an interview about SNKP, and that means to the *whole* picture of a company putting effort on its business.

Said that, I please all to focus on the -official- interview which before must be approved by them, so try to think in this way, as they are really kind to offer us this chance.

Anyway, I'm sure that some good chit-chat will occur, and the hard-core fan stucked on '96 (like me) will be pleased too.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Will there be a Metal Slug HD released on the new consoles?

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Adding another vote to a garou 2 question.

Except I would ask a broader question. Along the lines of there being any truth to the rumored last blade 3 and garou 2.

and definately about ngbc2

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Is Geese Terry's father or not?! It is presented that way in the PSX port of Fatal Fury Real Bout. Alright, I know it is a silly question but hell! I always wondered.

My real question would be this one: With the New KOF XII engine coming up, will there be more games running under the same engine for example KOF XIII and so on, or is there a plan to diversify on different schemes with every new iteration.

Also, is there gonna be room for new Ip's or are they keeping it classic with new sequels.

What is the ultimate plan for the Neo Geo online Volumes, will this continue even thought the PS2 is coming to a close?

Given that SNK's is always been about arcade, what is the future for SNK in consoles and handheld gaming?

OK that's it.

michel

n00b
Hi Massi.

I think that this is going to be a great opportunity for all of us!

As for the questions, most of them have already been asked by other users, so I'd say it's a just a "+1" for Garou 2 and eventual new hardware.

Moreover, I'd like to ask, considering all the good and the bad of the "Last Hope" case and better chip memory cost per Mb, if they would consider going back at supporting MVS/AES. Which is, more or less, what Angel already asked.
I ask this because, nowadays, MVS and AES could be considered iconic systems for mature gamers more than products for teenage consumers, from a marketing point of view.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Ask them if they'll ever stop raping Metal Slug

Grandmaster-C

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Adding another vote to a garou 2 question.

Same here. I would like to know if a MOTW2 is possible (or another new Fatal Fury Game)

Furthermore, I wanna know if the rumors about Falcoon has left SNKP are true.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
what are their plans (if any) for the latin american countries?

have they considered competitive events outside japan?

is rebout 94 and samsho anthology gonna make it stateswide?

kof 02 um us release date?

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
be sure to ask newly elected pres hosoyo how much he pulls down in a year...

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
I would ask questions based on the KOF XII engine as well;

With a new engine for KOF XII will we be seeing new franchises from SNK?

Does SNK have plans to revisit older franchises with the aforementioned engine?(a good way to probe for MOTW2)

With the success of the Nintendo DS should we expect more SNK titles to appear on the system? If so, which franchises can we expect?

How does SNK plan to cope with the global economic downturn?

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
(change for wording and journalistic styling) I would like to know if KOF XII is a good barometer of future SNKP titles to come, or if we will still see our old beloved franchises in their original untouched glory?