Rise of the Triad - Christmas Chronicles - 12/29

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I’m a foolish person and foolish people dedicate their time and energy to making videos trying to convince other people Blue Stinger is a Christmas video game Lolol

But it really is so...guess I’m right!?

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I really love this game, and specifically the atmosphere, while also hating it for how punishingly difficult it can be and how little info it gives you about what you need to be doing (turn the thermostat to an exact temperature in order to not fight the giant bull thing was totally wtf)
Its a game that i feel like if i could just sit down and literally memorize everything you must do, i would return to it and beat it over and over again to unlock all the high power weapons.
Im currently still in my first play through though and keep getting burned out when i realize i missed something and have no real way to go back and grab it and then a boss is punishing me for it. It gets really old pausing the game every 10 minutes to read the next section of an faq just to be sure im progressing correctly.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I remember in like '98 thinking this was going to be an awesome game. I think I even pre-ordered it. But then the reviews came out in '99 and I cancelled it. I've always been curious, but it sounds frustrating rather than challenging.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I got this game in late 99, and it was one of the first games I actually beat. Really love this one, and have been meaning to do a Christmas play through recently.

So flawed, but so lovable

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I got this game in late 99, and it was one of the first games I actually beat. Really love this one, and have been meaning to do a Christmas play through recently.

So flawed, but so lovable

Very flawed but very fun. Like a B movie

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The B movie qualities are what make me want to continue to play it. Maybe i just need to watch a playthrough and try to pay attention to every detail and then go try it once more myself.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I remember right i got blue stinger right after of the launch of the dc.While i went through the trouble to complete the game i sold it shortly there after.I just found the game to clunky and it's fixed camera angles didn't work to well either.It was too easy to run into enemies.Still i see the game now as being hilariously now due to it's voice acting,story.Beside,what other game let's you buy weapons from a vending machine :lolz:

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I kind of prefer my Santa to be possessed by a demon

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've been going through a lot of classic adventure games. I just wrapped up the Space Quest series, and I wonder how well the comedy holds up overall for adventure games.
It rough at times.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've been going through a lot of classic adventure games. I just wrapped up the Space Quest series, and I wonder how well the comedy holds up overall for adventure games.
It rough at times.

Some games hold up better than others for sure

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Ice station Santa is still one of my favorite chapters in the telltale Sam and Max games, partly from the Christmas theme, but I think it’s one of the more witty parts of season 2.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ice station Santa is still one of my favorite chapters in the telltale Sam and Max games, partly from the Christmas theme, but I think it’s one of the more witty parts of season 2.

It’s a fun episode for sure. Could use more Bosco though

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
A year subscription to PS Now was worth it just to play all the new sam and max games.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

2020 sucked. Win something to help it suck less. Details in vid and shipping is on me

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
No Shroom it’s a movie about the temptation of returning to the womb.

:p

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
yo is die hard a christmas movie? what's your opinion?

The director stated it was so that’s good enough for me. Movie about a man trying to get be with his family (wife)...all while sacrificing for the “common good”....Carl Winslow shows up early to shepherd John McLean like a wise man...it all fits lol

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Because I got it for christmas...thats why lol