Bootleg Gallery (Pic Heavy)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
at least they're covered up...

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
That metal slug X boot for AES is disgusting. The two diodes providing a rough 1.4V drop from the 5V supply as "power regulation" is pretty funny.

sylphia

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had never seen a bootleg Neo Turf Masters MVS cart before... Thanks for posting those pictures !

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't think it's NCI. It doesn't have the AtomikWave board like most NCI games has

One thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that Atomikwave/NCI isn't a newcomer by any mean. He's been making bootlegs for a decade. He made a lot of counterfeits the old way before he decided to make his own boards.

Oh and he didn't create his own boards to stop killing AES carts. He never gave a shit about that. He made them to save on parts and production time so he could make more money. The common sac carts (Kof 95, Samurai Shodown 3, Fatal Fury 3, etc...) aren't as cheap as they used to be and flashing his boards is nowhere near as tedious as removing all the mask roms from the original carts and soldering all the eproms back in.

He's been saving a lot of time since he got his new boards. That's why he's now able to produce 50 boots in a row. Thanks to all the noobs and fucktards who never stopped giving him their money, he was able to invest and litterally create his own bootleg factory: boards, cases, shells, manuals, everything.

He even got his buyers to believe that some of his boots were actually licensed. I mean, dude's got talent.

Last edited:
One thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is that Atomikwave/NCI isn't a newcomer by any mean. He's been making bootlegs for a decade. He made a lot of counterfeits the old way before he decided to make his own boards.

Oh and he didn't create his own boards to stop killing AES carts. He never gave a shit about that. He made them to save on parts and production time so he could make more money. The common sac carts (Kof 95, Samurai Shodown 3, Fatal Fury 3, etc...) aren't as cheap as they used to be and flashing his boards is nowhere near as tedious as removing all the mask roms from the original carts and soldering all the eproms back in.

He's been saving a lot of time since he got his new boards. That's why he's now able to produce 50 boots in a row. Thanks to all the noobs and fucktards who never stopped giving him their money, he was able to invest and litterally create his own bootleg factory: boards, cases, shells, manuals, everything.

He even got his buyers to believe that some of his boots were actually licensed. I mean, dude's got talent.

appreciate the info. I didn't know that. I have a few more AES boots (mostly Slug) that I got when my friend moved from Japan to the US. I will post them shortly.

Slug 4 US AES. this one looks like it came from the same maker as the Slug X I posted earlier

dsc00401.jpg

dsc00402.jpg

dsc00403.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I had never seen a bootleg Neo Turf Masters MVS cart before... Thanks for posting those pictures !

Is Sylphia an upmarket Sylvie like Stephen's a posh Steve?

kosami

n00b
I thought my super kof 02 was horrible, until I saw the other bootlegs.
let me show!

a1.JPGa2.JPGb1.JPGb2.JPG

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Last edited:

kosami

n00b
I LOVE the KOF sticker. I used to own a KOF 2004 Hero that had that sticker before, very radical.

Edit: oh, cover up those exposed eprom Windows with some little strips of electrical tape. I've had some rad bootleg hacks in transparent cases go corrupt from the evil UV rays from the sun. :(

thanks for the tip, i will apply some ducktape RIGHT NOW!!!

xorthen

Banned
Man this thread is crazy. I have a feeling a lot of boots are being sold as originals on ebay after seeing this thread.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
[SUB][/SUB]
Man this thread is crazy. I have a feeling a lot of boots are being sold as originals on ebay after seeing this thread.

That MS4 AES is crazy, i'd swear it was legit if I hadn't seen the boards. The seller was stupid to not buy an authentic MVS cart and use authentic chips, as MS4 on MVS is cheap. A conversation that real looking with authentic chips could fool almost anybody with the exception of non-machine soldering on the reverse of the PCBs. :eek:

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Nhanphanhippo are those Metal Slug games yours? What's the insert/manual quality like?

Nhanphanhippo are those Metal Slug games yours? What's the insert/manual quality like?

Those are mine. I compared them with the legit copies I got from Shawn and there are definitely some differences. The Warning page on the manuals are Orange instead of Yellow. The cart stickers are glossier than originals. Inserts are generally a bit wider than originals.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
[SUB][/SUB]

That MS4 AES is crazy, i'd swear it was legit if I hadn't seen the boards. The seller was stupid to not buy an authentic MVS cart and use authentic chips, as MS4 on MVS is cheap. A conversation that real looking with authentic chips could fool almost anybody with the exception of non-machine soldering on the reverse of the PCBs. :eek:

Not anymore...........you can see MS4 is getting $$$$$ as Korean stock is almost out..........

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Interesting to see so many different types of boots out there. Question, are SMT chips that bad?