anybody else had neo cd power packs not even lasting a year?

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i got a neo cd,great as it is i cannot play it,coz my power packs dont even last a year,im on my 4th 1 already and now thats been dead for months,is there just a simple fuse i can replace or something?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
If you are using a Jap Neo CD with a step down transformer, make sure that it is outputting the proper voltage. It should be close to if not 100V.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I couldn't live with all the insecurities of owning only an NGCD system. Man, I'm neurotic :loco: :loco:.

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
yeah i got my neo cd from the uk and they use the same voltage we do,230-240 volts, and on the power pack itself it says from 110-240 volts so maybe i could try running it on the lower volt could help, but if its says to 240 volts i dunno why it dont last as long...............

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
galfordo said:
I couldn't live with all the insecurities of owning only an NGCD system. Man, I'm neurotic :loco: :loco:.

hehe sometimes galfordo my good man, the cd version is all some can afford :glee:
i love me neo cd :)

i dunno why but i hardly even notice the load times,and u get the games for a fraction or the price of an aes cart, even though they stopped making cds for it a while back but soons im gonna b steppin up in the world with a home cart :smirk:
i'll know what no money is then.................:eek:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
The voltage from your outlet is to high, and it is burning up the transformer in the AC Adaptor. A proper voltage stepdown transformer should slove your problem.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Is it best to use a voltage stepdown converter (if I have a JAP neo cd and I live in the USA)? that outputs to 110 Vor 100 V?

Cant remember which one it is and Id like to get the voltage going into my Neo cd AC adaptor to be EXACTLY right :-)

Last edited: