Kizuna Encounter EURO - SOLD

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rating - 91.5%
43   4   0
Kizuna Encounter EURO - SOLD

"I have requested and granted mods the power to delete any spamming posts etc in this thread"

Hi everyone,

I now have in my posession the rarest Neo Geo AES cart of them all - Kizuna Encounter EURO. I am selling this on behalf of my good friend Aaron Hillier otherwise known as cornrex on these forums.

Kizuna Encounter EURO pics:http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=834918

*If you require some more detailed pics on any section of the cart let me know and I will take them for you*

This cart has been confirmed as legitimate by FTL and Shawn.
FTL confirmation thread:http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86235

The condition of this cart is as follows:
Insert: Near Mint - However there is a slight tear on the bottom right-hand corner of the spine next to the MEG count sign. Apart from that it would be mint.

Cart: Mint - Not being the greatest game means that this has been rarely played at all. No real scuff marks to speak of. Sticker is still minty fresh. (There are 2 stickers. Re-stickering was common place with many SNK carts back in the day) This cart looks and feels like new!

Manual: Near Mint - There are TWO fault's with this manual.
1) On the back cover there is a blemish on the right-hand side near the spine.
2) On the front cover bottom right-hand corner has some slight wear.

Kizuna Encounter EURO moved to ebay!

Don't miss out people on owning the holy grail of AES carts. This is only the 5th known copy to exist. You may have to wait several years for another one to come on the market so don't miss out on this RARE chance to own the rarest homecart ever released!

Payment will be made via International Bank Transfer as I am not gettng hit with PAYPAL fees. ESCROW will be provided for those who want it. PAYPAL may be allowed but you will have to pay more than if you were paying via bank transfer.

Any more questions? PM me or direct them to my email: cooler_sama@hotmail.com

Last edited:

cornrex

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Folks,

I am just wanting to confirm that Kusanagi Sama' is now acting on my behalf to offer this ultra-rare cart for sale. He has taken posession of the cart and all enquiries/offers should be directed to him. Good luck!!

Cornrex

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
its a bit of a messy way of making a sale. How is this 'auction' supposed to work? what's the timeframe, etc? good luck with it.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rating - 91.5%
43   4   0
DevilRedeemed said:
its a bit of a messy way of making a sale. How is this 'auction' supposed to work? what's the timeframe, etc? good luck with it.

There is nothing messy about it. It just means no offers under $10,000US will be accepted. As for the timeframe there is no set limit as of now.

However there is always the chance I may put it on ebay - but that is highly unlikely. I would much prefer for it to go to a member of these forums without going through ebay.

Last edited:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
Kusanagi-sama' said:
There is nothing messy about it. It just means no offers under $10,000US will be accepted. As for the timeframe there is no set limit as of now.

However I may put it on ebay depending on how things go here. Although I would much prefer for it to go to a member of these forums without going through ebay.

Daine,

The only way to get this to work would be to do either 1 of 2 methods:

1) Put it up on ebay with a starting bid of $10,000 (NON PRIVATE) auction.

2) Make a selling thread where members can openly post their bid for all to see.

Otherwise be prepared for all kind of accusations beig thrown around about shill bidding and making up prices. Your best bet would be to sell it to the first person that contacts you with a price you're comfortable with. More than likely that person will want to pick it up in person due to the large amount of money this game commands.

Phillip

BTW......I was only joking in the thread and have no intention on participating in the bidding for this game. Good luck to the seller and all possible buyers. I look forward to witnessing the outcome.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will be watching this with interest...

can't really see the 'tear' on the insert, too much lighting?..

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
evo7_31 said:
I will be watching this with interest...

can't really see the 'tear' on the insert, too much lighting?..

I can see it, it looks like it's pretty big too. Maybe an inch?

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Please keep the thread clean.
Spam will be deleted .

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
This game needs to be listed on ebay as Phillip has mentioned.

The only fair/honest way so no "funny business" is done. (I trust you Daine)

Kpj

Robert

20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new kizuna has surfaced, interesting to see. Good luck to the seller. It's just sad to see that the euro version use shockbox.

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this cart but with this prerequisite

Bidding starts at $10,000US

I highly doubt you will get any offers at all. Put it on ebay with a starting bid of $1.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
looks like 1/4 inch insertion marks on the back of the cart.I think some better pictures would help the sale.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
This game appears to be one of those "re-stickered" ones. Look at the bottom-left corner of the cart sticker.

Resize_of_ke1.jpg

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have to ask, but how can you confirm that the game is authentic? I know, look at the manual and give a line from it. But isn't it possible that someone made a copy from one of the legit ones out there? Surely we don't believe that we know all the owners of the cart such that we can be confident that someone didn't allow it to be copied. Seriously, someone could say, charge say $300 to copy their manual and cart sticker and insert.

I'm curious what SNK (P) is willing to share about the origin of these carts. Someone must know and should probably try to shed some light on this.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
D-Lite said:
I have to ask, but how can you confirm that the game is authentic? I know, look at the manual and give a line from it. But isn't it possible that someone made a copy from one of the legit ones out there? Surely we don't believe that we know all the owners of the cart such that we can be confident that someone didn't allow it to be copied. Seriously, someone could say, charge say $300 to copy their manual and cart sticker and insert.

I'm curious what SNK (P) is willing to share about the origin of these carts. Someone must know and should probably try to shed some light on this.

The problem is...if someone really got duped into buyying a conversion, Would they even say that they ended up with one. They would probably be too ashamed to say they were ripped off. They would probably just stay quiet and resell to the next person down the road.

Phillip

rimm_rs

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The answer Dean's question (were I selling this title) would be like this:

On a transaction this size, the seller would likely cover Escrow fees. That way both sides are sure to get everything they want. The seller money and the buyer piece of mind.

Were I to buy this I would get a known legit (I've never seen it converted, but anything is possible I guess) Japanese Kizuna and use it as the reference point.

I have seen a fair number of conversions and even the best ones have notable differences. You can always tell.

That said Daine is one of the good guys and I doubt that there is anything amiss here.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Don't put it on ebay... your likely to run into problems with some schmuck who won't pay or will cause problems or something....

Your looking at $200 in fees if you put it on ebay.

Sell it the way that all great sought after rare items are sold.....

Shop it around and take private offers...

After you get an idea of what you can get for it, ask those who made substantial offers to re-up thier offer.

Figure out who can pay you, when and how much.

Take your time. Eventualy someone will offer you some beyond rediculous ammount.

Don't fall into this "fair, open policy" bullshit.

You own the cart and you decide how you want it sold......

It's best to keep names and #'s confidential in this type of situation. Unless the buyer makes it public.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rating - 91.5%
43   4   0
Just thought I would add. As to what Ryan said about Escrow, yes as mentioned in my original post Escrow will be provided and I will cover the charges if need be.

Rest assured people that this cart is the real deal - 100% authentic SNK product as confirmed by FTL, Shawn and myself.

The cart itself was bought several years back from an import games store here in Sydney that used to stock US carts. Other carts sold from that store were:
Ultimate 11 Euro
Ninja Masters US
Stakes Winner US
Neo Turfmasters US
Metal Slug 2 US

...and many others.

I have so far tracked down the following carts bought from that store:
Kizuna Encounter EURO
Ninja Masters US
Neo Turfmasters US
Stakes Winner US
Metal Slug 2 US

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
D-Lite said:

There certainly is a great deal of motivation - 11K a pop will bring out some pretty talented boot leggers.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I'd force the buyer to pick up in person.

If your dealing with $10,000 dollars, a $500 plane ticket is negotiable.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If I had $10,000 to shell out on this game I would purchase a plane ticket to check it out. Its better to be out $500 and see the Australian countryside rather than be out $10,000 and have a $10 piece of plastic and a sticker.

Good luck in selling.