KOF2003, Outlaw Team story

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Both Geese and Southtown are still there.

BUT:

Rock is with Terry since KOF2001

Southtown was supposed to be gone after KOF2000.

My ideas:

1) This KOF may take place still BEFORE RealBout, or maybe Geese did not died even with his 'second fall' after all.

2) The plot of the Rock family, which was calrely supposed to be unvailed in Garou sequel, well be most probably taken into KOF storyline. And possibly the Gato/Hotaru plot too?

3) Was it really SouthTown to be crushed by the ZeroCannon in KOF2000= Or maybe just a 'casual town' to demostrante the power of the weapon (this is a very typical in Japanese animation, see IE 'Fushigi no Umi No Nadia'... SNK love Gainax after all).

Discuss.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Explanation:
The story doesn't make sense. Stop trying to make it sound there's even a logic in it. :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Both Geese and Southtown are still there.

BUT:

Rock is with Terry since KOF2001

Southtown was supposed to be gone after KOF2000.

My ideas:

1) This KOF may take place still BEFORE RealBout, or maybe Geese did not died even with his 'second fall' after all.

2) The plot of the Rock family, which was calrely supposed to be unvailed in Garou sequel, well be most probably taken into KOF storyline. And possibly the Gato/Hotaru plot too?

3) Was it really SouthTown to be crushed by the ZeroCannon in KOF2000= Or maybe just a 'casual town' to demostrante the power of the weapon (this is a very typical in Japanese animation, see IE 'Fushigi no Umi No Nadia'... SNK love Gainax after all).

Discuss.
1) Geese has already made 2 appearances as a ghost (3 if you count dominated mind -- complete with halo, no less), but there's been some link made with those scrolls and immortality, so who knows.

2)I think it's possible SNKP is getting people ready for a Garou sequel. When the first Garou came out, my first reaction was, "Who are these people?! where is x, x, and x?" Getting people aclimated to some of the Garou cast in KOF could help to avoid this for a sequel.

3) I've wondered that, too. Is there a basis for people claiming it's Southtown getting blasted, or are people projecting? For everyone's information, Second South is NOT built on the ruins of Southtown. There is a map in the Garou: MotW mook from Ascii that clearly shows they are located next to each other -- Geese Tower still stands...

I can send someone a scan of the map if they'll host it; it includes all the Southtown landmarks like Dream Amusement Park and Howard Arena along with Second South and the train line that connects the two cities. As this map comes with an interview with SNK developers, I'd assume it's official.

Um, just looked in the All About SNK Taisen Kakutou Games 1991-2001 book, and under Southtown's entry it does mention KOF 2000 and the Zero Cannon, so I'm lost. Dash no Chris, I know you have both these books, can you help us out?

Stifu said:
Explanation:
The story doesn't make sense. Stop trying to make it sound there's even a logic in it. :D
There is a logic in the FF and AOF games, but I agree it doesn't carry over into KOF at all. Like you, I still enjoy the games, though.

Last edited:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I thought Southtown Secondus was made because Southtown was such a fucking dump and criminal hellhole that all the decent people just left.:spock: