What happende to the ng.com-shirts?

MarcoRossi

Zero's Secretary
Sorry, but I didn´t hear anything about the release of the shirts... Will it happen in this year? Just curious... Is someone of you providing the shirts or will Shawn manage it by himself? Will there be alternative shirts or just one?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Playmore happened... and so the shirts never did.

-Nick

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
Ooh ooh, let me answer this one. I inquired about this a couple of months ago and came to find out that SNKP were blindfolded when they went into battle and started swinging in the wrong direction. They said that they would press charges if we made any shirts because they still own the 'OPTION' of making shirts. Now making bootleg carts is a ok in their book. Just don't sell them with a boot T-shirt and you should be fine.

bitter, yes. satisfied, no.

daybona

Juz,
Why doesn't Shawn just pay SNK Playmore for the right to use SNKP related material? I would gladly pay the extra per t-shirt that Playmore would charge Shawn. The winning designs were REALLY cool. Oh well, just a thought.

the binary c0de said:
Ooh ooh, let me answer this one. I inquired about this a couple of months ago and came to find out that SNKP were blindfolded when they went into battle and started swinging in the wrong direction. They said that they would press charges if we made any shirts because they still own the 'OPTION' of making shirts.

Boo fuckin' Hoo, those shirts rocked! It's just a case of bullshit business practices is all. Sure they have the rights, but to deny a die-hard fanbase who was doin' it for the love of it... there's just something fuggin' wrong with that. *Guess they'll be pissed when I'm struttin' around in a custom made air brushed re-creation of the Metal Slug covers. *But it's one shirt that I pay $75-$200 bucks to have made and not a get rich quick thing. Personal use I say.

Fuck em! Supporting "Boots" is out of line, but this is just bullshit... it's just more advertising for PLAYMORE, but they gotta' go be a dick about it. Like having to buy shirts for soda companies (or anyone for that matter)... fuckers should be paying ppl to advertise for them, not the other way around. *So much for supporting the ppl who still support them however they can. :(

MD20XX / Storm Rider

I understand SNKP's thoughts on making the shirts but they shouldn't be selfish about it. The fans want shirts, geeze cut them a deal!

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
the binary c0de said:
Ooh ooh, let me answer this one. I inquired about this a couple of months ago and came to find out that SNKP were blindfolded when they went into battle and started swinging in the wrong direction. They said that they would press charges if we made any shirts because they still own the 'OPTION' of making shirts. Now making bootleg carts is a ok in their book. Just don't sell them with a boot T-shirt and you should be fine.

bitter, yes. satisfied, no.

Hehe, well put. Playmore seem to have a habit of swinging in the wrong direction. I suppose it's all well intentioned though. :\