FS: Complete Japanese NGPC 91 Titles Collection

Adol

The French Connection, ,
That's right, i'm maybe considering to let go one of my complete collections: the 91 Japanese NGPC Collection!

Some of those games are worth $150 like SNK Card Fighters 2,and some games like Nigeronpa are unfindable!

All games are complete,and pratically all of them are mint!

This is a UNIQUE possibility for a Neo Geo Collector to get the whole collection at once, without having to wait&work hard to locate every title!

So i'm waiting serious offers! :)

If offers are really good,i'll maybe accept to sell them separately!

Otherwise,my email: adol@club-internet.fr

Thanks

CollecNGPCJap.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wouldn't buy your whole Jap collection for 50 times that price. :p

(Just in case you're confused, I was talking about Ghost Photo Studio ONLY for $80, not the whole collection...)

Adol

The French Connection, ,
You're right,sorry :)
I'm used to know the complete japanese name of the game,not the "translated"title
anyway,for the moment i'm just considering selling the whole japanese collection...unless offers are really great ( like someone offers me $120 for nigeronpa right now, or Mezase! Kanji-Oh )

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, "Mizuki Shigeru" then, since you're used to Jap titles. :p

Some online shop is supposed to be selling that game for $59 (brand new too), but it's been some time it's written "restock soon" and they haven't restocked yet... But they told me they would...
So I'm trying to get it another way.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
$150 for CFC2? WTF?

It can't be that worth that much because I own it and I'm not stupid enough to pay anywhere near that much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SignOfZeta said:
$150 for CFC2? WTF?

It can't be that worth that much because I own it and I'm not stupid enough to pay anywhere near that much.
You may not be stupid enough for that, but obviously, some other people are.
Or maybe they just have so much money they lost track of the value of money itself... :rolleyes:

Anyway, my way of seeing things: if it's too expensive, don't buy. Buyers are the ones setting prices. If something doesn't sell because of its price, either it will never gets sold, either sellers will have to lower prices.
That would only work in theory since there's always some crazy boys to buy no matter how pricey something is.

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
Stifu said:
Or maybe they just have so much money they lost track of the value of money itself... :rolleyes:

Anyway, my way of seeing things: if it's too expensive, don't buy. Buyers are the ones setting prices. If something doesn't sell because of its price, either it will never gets sold, either sellers will have to lower prices.
That would only work in theory since there's always some crazy boys to buy no matter how pricey something is.
I don't think it's the right attitude to put all the responsponsibility on the buyers and simply say sellers can do whatever they want to get as much as they can. That's capitalism run amuck and it's dangerous for society and everyone in it. Sellers should have some honor and humanity just as buyers should have some intelligence, it goes both ways. We're human beings, not "market forces," and we should all act as such and strive to treat each other the same.

All I can say is that whoever sold SignOfZeta that copy of Cardfighters Clash 2 for less than $150 must be a real honorable guy and a fine human being. We should all give him--whoever he is--a big hand!

...word is bondage...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't think it's the right attitude to put all the responsponsibility on the buyers and simply say sellers can do whatever they want to get as much as they can.
I know, but I'm just saying the way sellers are being. Most of them are there to make money, not to make your life easier.
That's why buyers should be "united" in the fight against scrupleless sellers... :rolleyes:

Oh and I don't think having sold CFC2 for less than $150 is that much of an "honorable" thing... Below $100 would be a better start.

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
Stifu said:
I know, but I'm just saying the way sellers are being. Most of them are there to make money, not to make your life easier.
That's why buyers should be "united" in the fight against scrupleless sellers... :rolleyes:
True, true. But I think we still have to keep the pressure on sellers whenever we have any opportunity.

Oh and I don't think having sold CFC2 for less than $150 is that much of an "honorable" thing... Below $100 would be a better start.
Yeah, I was just kidding.

...word is bondage...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Heh, sorry... Couldn't detect sarcasm. :p
Maybe if I knew you I would have known, but some other people I know could have said the same thing being SERIOUS... ¬_¬

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Stifu said:

Really it was below $50.

The guy was kind of a jerk though.

zeroakuma

Crazed MVS Addict
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
I don't think it's the right attitude to put all the responsponsibility on the buyers and simply say sellers can do whatever they want to get as much as they can. That's capitalism run amuck and it's dangerous for society and everyone in it. Sellers should have some honor and humanity just as buyers should have some intelligence, it goes both ways. We're human beings, not "market forces," and we should all act as such and strive to treat each other the same.

All I can say is that whoever sold SignOfZeta that copy of Cardfighters Clash 2 for less than $150 must be a real honorable guy and a fine human being. We should all give him--whoever he is--a big hand!

...word is bondage...
the fact is that,
you can be quite sure no one would buy cf2 for $150 if it is(or was) as many as cfc,
and you would probably choose not to type even a word for "capitalism", "society" as a reply to this sale post...

btw, we're human beings, but we're market forces all the time,
no matter whether you want to be or not

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Stifu said:

I used to think this was true, and in the real word with grocery stores, and car dealerships, etc it pretty much is true, but in the word of the internet things aren't that self regulated.

All we have to do is say that some game is rare on this forum, then wait for the rumors to circulate and the next time the game is on eBay it will go for way way too much. The market isn't reacting to supply and demand, its reacting to pure internet hype based on hearsay and college students' first credit cards.

Certainly CFC2 isn't as easy to get as other NGP games since it was only released in Japan and was a pretty small run, but its not a Ferrari 250 GTO or anything. A great deal of the twits buying the game for $100+ can't read it, and won't learn so the game will just sit on a shelf until they sell it to the next twit.

A classic example is Reversi UK. That stupid, and totally wrong article in that UK mag (the Edge, was it?) gave some crap about how supposedly the game is so rare that only a dozen or so people actually have it. This isn't true. It isn't even close to true. I know of at least 6 people that have had it myself. The game was on clearence at several shops just sitting there for a year or more when all of the sudden people decided it was gold.

However thanks to that stupid article the game is super expensive. I'm glad this happened to Rerversi and not some other (better) game since its nothing to worry about missing out on. I've played it and it kicks my ass big-time anyway. You'd have to be some kind of mental midget to pay $200 for Othelo.

And then there are the games that are far less common than CFC2 that don't go for more than $30. Why aren't they R@RE OOP L@@K? Because no one spread stories about them.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Not many games are more rare than CFC2 or UK Pocket Reversi.

Let me put it this way. If so many people have a UK Reversi, yet the price is $400, how come no one is cashing out? When was the last time you saw one for sale on eBay? The Neo-Geo.com forums? You see, when it's "perceived" rarity, based on hype, usually you'll see people cashing in on the hype. After the article in Edge came out, a grand total of 2 went up for sale on eBay within 3 or so months. That's all.
An example of perceived rarity: Waku Waku 7 AES cart. It's ALWAYS for sale on eBay. Not so rare, but people think it is and talk about it.
You want a truly rare NGPC cart? Nigeronpa. Kanji Oh. Never see those. But, never see CFC2. I'm actually happy I paid $75 for CFC2 a year ago on an auction and no one else bid on it! Imagine that. Now I could probably get more than $100 for it, but I'm a collector bastard :D

Now don't get me wrong, the price hike has been ridiculous. BUT, it is a high demand game. And since the UK collection is only 39 games, enough people are missing that and a few others that they want to get it to complete the collection. And it's not THAT bad of a game, although it does tend to kick my ass as well.....

I see this forum is turning more and more into S:NGP. Welcome aboard SoZ.....:

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
wow, this guy also has the entie jpn collection:eek:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Re: How did you get these collections?

MarkieMark30 said:
Adol, How did you get hold of these collections? ;)
He owns a video games shop or something to begin with. (Or works there at least, but I think he manages it)

Adol

The French Connection, ,
I OWN a shop,but that has nothing to do with my collections
I had those collections WAY before creating my shop.
It is just collecting&hunting work for 10 years :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
10 years ? I didn't know the NGPC was that old... :rolleyes:
Just joking.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Just being curious, did you got a buyer for the whole collection yet? I'm trying to build a complete jap collection also, but I'm half the way still.

Well, if you change opinions and want to sell them separately, I'd might be interested in some of those ;)

Good luck in selling the whole thing anyway... I wonder how much is it worth...

[OCEAN]

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Stifu said:
10 years ? I didn't know the NGPC was that old... :rolleyes:
Just joking.

*rofl* you took my words out of my mouth :lol:

I think this whole "sale" is way overpriced. 150$ for CFC2 ??? Go home :p

just my dollar - 0.98 cents

EDIT : or go to eGay if you want those prices ...

2D

Galford's Armourer
Didn't you put all these up for auction last year,and then withdrew them at the last minute, no explanation like?