What Neo CD games would you....

qupe_1975

New Challenger
If you own both the AES and CD versions of certain games and needed money which games would you be able to accept selling the AES version and keeping the CD version?

Ninja Combat?
Neo Turf Masters?
Fatal Fury Special?
Raguy?
Samurai Showdown?
Magician Lord?

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: qupe_1975 ]</small>

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hmm...

The CD versions of the games you mention have no cuts compared to the carts, NTM even has an extra play mode. So, if you can live with the load times (that aren't really a prob with these relatively old games IMO), you can sell off the whole lot.

On the other hand, the cart version of NTM is quite rare/sought-after, you may consider keeping it.

Personally, I'd also keep FFS because it's one of my fave fighters ever, but that's just me.

qupe_1975

New Challenger
Magician Lord is somewhat overrated in my opinion too.

I am torn between selling or keeping Big Tournament Golf, I rather not if I could afford to keep it, but I do have Neo Turf Masters on CD

Ho hum.....

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
qupe_1975:
Magician Lord is somewhat overrated in my opinion too.

I am torn between selling or keeping Big Tournament Golf, I rather not if I could afford to keep it, but I do have Neo Turf Masters on CD

Ho hum.....
Personally I don't think that Magician Lord is overrated. IMO, it's still one of the best early Neo games together with NAM-1975.

About BTG, well, as I said, demand for it is high so you might regret it later on if you get rid of it at this point, tho I think the CD version is more than a good replacement for it because of the extras and the fact that it has bearable load times. It also has a very good CD-quality soundtrack.

qupe_1975

New Challenger
thanks for the replies Takumaji.

I have listed the gmae on Ebay UK and linked to it on the Selling page here.

Unfortunately my house is in need of some major repairs and they are going cost at least £3000 so I have to start getting some money in.

At least my CD collection is reasonable and I am not selling my AES Pulstar, Shocktroopers 2 and Metal Slug 3, just yet anyway

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
qupe_1975 said:
If you own both the AES and CD versions of certain games and needed money which games would you be able to accept selling the AES version and keeping the CD version?

Ninja Combat?
Neo Turf Masters?
Fatal Fury Special?
Raguy?
Samurai Showdown?
Magician Lord?

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: qupe_1975 ]</small>

Ninja Combat CD version has few missing voice samples.
Magician Lord CD difficulty level is much easier than AES.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I recommend Real Bout FF2, good load times... great graphics... good gameplay.

I also recommend Sam sho 3, pulstar, last resort, viewpoint, aero fighters 2 / 3.

my favorite neo cd = windjammers :D

†B†V†

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Bluevoodu said:
I recommend Real Bout FF2, good load times... great graphics... good gameplay.

RealBout Fatal Fury 2? That game has horrible loading time and it's the main reason I stay away from NeoGeo CD in 98.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
um..... are you sure about that?

last time I popped that game in, RBFF2's loads weren't all that bad.

nothing like last blade..etc...

RBFF2 is actually playable on the neo cd...... and IMO well done.

†B†V†

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I'll throw in KOF 95 & 96...between quite decent load times and the awesome arranged soundtracks I gave up my AES carts and kept the CD's

Freelancer

Banned
Mmm.
I'm not big on arranged soundtracks (I like my games as close to the original as possible), so I'd opt for the cart version in every case.