what games for neogeo cd have extras that are not in the homecart ver

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
hi i saw a post here that was talking about Turfmasters extra course and someone sed that some old neogeo cd games have extraes that are not in the homecart ver. can any one tell me some other games that have extraes that are only on the neogeo cd ver.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Metal Slugs have neato art galleries. And really cool training missisons where you can beat your best times and see how far you can get in the game on one life.

LB2 has some extra little trivia game in japanese, so it's useless to me.

Samurai shodown has nice little animated charcoal animations during loads and a way to executre specials with the press of 4 buttons.

It's mostly things in that are not greatly important to gameplay, but still cool, and nice.

Of course, a lot of games have beautiful soundstracks.

M

mr.nippy

Twinkle Star Sprites has some nice artwork,
TurfMasters has a hidden course (Scotland)
Metal Slugs both have combat school missions

This is a really hard one to answer fully, what with 98 games to think about.........I'll have another look!

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Good topic - CD owners, please continue listing those CD extras for us newbies. I've alwasy been really curious about this subject.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
There should be a list or topic about the games that DONT have the loading monkey, saying whsat they do instead.

Some are great, SS2 & 3 in particular.

BenimaruN

Overtop Pathfinder
voltage fighter gowcaizer has a "data bank" mode. here you can see a detailed illustration of any of the game's characters, as well as read their introduction, profile, command list, listen to all their voice clips, and see a short animated clip of them in action. even for the characters not found in the ova. naturally all illustration/animation is done by masami oobari. this wonderful extra can only be found in the japanese version, therefore all the text will be in japanese. that really steams my goat...ahem, if you ever wanted to see captain atlantis in action, this is your chance. and that's all i know about extras.

the art galeries and such found in the kof, and metal slug games are all already well documented, so i thought i'd point out this little jem of an extra. kinda brings a tear to my eye, being a masami oobari junkie.

ps: voltage fighter gowcaizer has either karin or shaia instead of the monkey. and shaia juggles ball boy, HAHAHA, serevs him right!

<small>[ August 21, 2003, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: BenimaruN ]</small>

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
SS3 CD has a versus mode.
SS4 CD has a training mode with input display, as well as native support for playing as Zankuro (no special BIOS needed).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A good number of the NGCD games have been ported over to PS or Saturn along with the extra features and CD quality BGM. Odd as it may be, some ports have significantly less loading times than the NGCD version.

trimer34

Quiz Detective
A good number of the NGCD games have been ported over to PS or Saturn along with the extra features and CD quality BGM. Odd as it may be, some ports have significantly less loading times than the NGCD version.

Yeah I've noticed that to , I used to have a sonic wings special and metal slug..
a few month ago Jagmaster included Metal Slug X (as a gift) the loading time doesn't bother me much..
I like the art gallery of MS.. great drawing ..:)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Most noticeably, KOF96 has a cheat to play with Goenitz and Chizuru, also enably two very cool secret ending in arcade/story mode.

The same is accessible in the cart version but only via custom/dev/uni bios.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Art of Fighting 3 has a color edit mode that unlocks after you beat the game with what I think doing A) Beat the game on harder settings or all. B) Beat the game with all characters. I am not sure exactly which does it. Also, it has ending demo viewer just like KOF96 up to 99 on CD.

Fatal Fury 3 has a a vocal version of Jin Chonshu song when you beat him at the end and plays during credits. Also, it is easier to unlock the special moves with the pause before the "GO" pops up to do the code I think.

King of Fighters 95 has the Psycho Soldier Team playing as a rock band with a vocal song Athena sings when you beat the game with them.

Pulstar has cheat codes you can enter for lives and stuff.

Some old games before the CD system release actually got better soundtracks: Last Resort, Magician Lord, Fatal Fury 2 and Special, Samurai Shodown 1 and 2, and a few others that I forgot.

I personally thought the Blue Mary Blues video at the end of RBS was just great. I wish SNK did more Digital Comic Snatcher type stuff with the CD games. The system had tons of RAM, so it could do a lot of animation and different pictures quite a bit in one loading session.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A good number of PS ports had boss codes for the vs. fighters and features with unknown conditions to unlock other than with a gameshark.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
- Stakes Winner has a horse-breeding feature.

- Trash Rally has an extra course/mode as well.

- Metal Slug 1 and 2 have extra modes (Combat School).

- Many NGCD games have unlimited continues.

- Some games have extra galleries.

EDIT: Oops, old thread... ah, so what...

Last edited:

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
KOF 98 for Neo Cd has an art gallery if memory serves me well.