Have question for Neo Geo experts!

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I received my Metal Slug X, japanese home cart in the mail today. When I took a look at the bottom I found that the two thingies that stick into the Neo Geo are differently colored. One is green and the other is grayish. These colors are present in my other carts but not both in one cart. I mean they're either both green or both grayish. So I was wondering if this cart was freaked, or tampered? The game sticker shows no sign of tampering - it doesn't look like it was removed and placed onto another shell. I appreciate your help. Sorry for the lack of proper Neo Geo technical vocabulary.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I am guessing that you are talking about the circuit boards for the cartridge, correct? Nothing is wrong with have two different colors, just means that the boards are a mixed revision.

Your cart should be perfectly fine.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Thanks Mouse_Master. I'm a bit relieved there. But will this affect it's value. I'm afraid that it will diminish it. I also have to have things ordered, and this sort of dampens the said atmosphere of my collection.

And by "revision" what do you mean? Did they run out of the dark gray colored circuit boards and finish it with a green colored circuit board? I just don't understand.

I guess it's just an aesthetic thing. It plays great and has all the animation. This chapter in the Metal Slug series is bad ass. I bought it mainly for the first two stages in Egypt. It has that Mummy/Indiana Jones feel to it. But I was greatly surprised by the other stages as well. They're long, and always have a mini boss. I like the Hong Kong stage along with the modified music. I also like stage 5 which takes you from the streets, complete with cars that jump 20 feet in the air when damaged, and then into the sewers to face scientific specimen anomalies. I think I like this better than my Metal Slug 3, go figure
:p

[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: BakuretsuMutekiSid ]

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
No worries. I have the US Version of Metal Slug X and it exhibits the same design feature, each circuit board is a different color. In case you are wondering, I bought my cart directly from SNKUSA.

Yah, I think all of the Slug Xs are, all the ones that I have seen and mine are that way. This should in no way diminish the carts value. In fact most people will never notice it.

O

Omega

That is definitely interesting to hear. I can see why you would worry about the value of the cart being diminished. But alas, it seems that is not the case.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
MY Metal Slug X is on two green boards, but my KOF 96 is on a grey and a green board like your slug... I think there are a lot of games out there like this and I do not think they were tampered with or worth any less money :) So just plug it in and play!

-Nick

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
My MSX is the same as well (One green, one gray) and so are all the other I have seen!