Linking League Bowling..MVS to MVS/AES.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Linking League Bowling..MVS to MVS/AES.

If I was to use a converter(Phantom 1 etc)on my AES System to play an MVS cart of League Bowling.

Would I be able to link that League Bowling MVS cart to another League Bowling MVS cart in my Cab?
Would it work..?
I'll be buying a converter if it does..
Oh,
Will a link up work with a Supergun?
Maybe that route is better..?

<a href="http://tnpvideos.esmartweb.com/leaguebowling.gif" target="_blank">http://tnpvideos.esmartweb.com/leaguebowling.gif</a>

"LEAGUE BOWLING"300 PERFECT GAME

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
In theory it should work imho, the supergun hook up would definately work. Anyone know ?

deffty

Kula's Candy
I think I should be able to answer your questions;
1)You can link MVS to AES via phantom1 or by supergun.
They are all the same, have tested all methods.

2)You can even play 4 players via link with 2 different languages(Bios).
Example is one system in English language, the other system in Japanese language.
They works!! buttrock

3)The serial number on your system will determine which system start with 1st and 2nd players, which system start with 3rd and 4th players.
You cannot choose.

The lower the serial number of the system, they will start with 1st and 2nd players.
Seem like every AES system or MVS machine got some kind of code/date manufactured programmed into them to determine this.
eek_2

4)Best method is get 2 Neo geo system, 2 bowling home carts, 2 TV set, 4 controllers and
Hey' Lets Bowl!! buttrock

Its a pity theres too little game that use this link function, wish Playmore can comes out with news games that use this link again.
Sengoku 2001 should use this link, imagine 4 players on screen since they got 6 characters to choose from.
Hopes this helps. wink

<small>[ March 29, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: deffty ]</small>

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
deffty:
3)The serial number on your system will determine which system start with 1st and 2nd players, which system start with 3rd and 4th players.
Are you sure about this? I ask because I did not know the serial number is hard coded somewhere in the NeoGeo system... You have any more info on this because it would be nice to have the serial number displayed on screen in the UNIVERSE BIOS.

Raz

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I don't have league bowling in my collection yet, but does the link cable come with the (AES) game itself ? I can't imagine it being supplied in the old style case, so I'm wondering...

I have 2 home systems and 2 tv's so it's definitly getting time to finally buy this great game buttrock

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
leGionellz:
I don't have league bowling in my collection yet, but does the link cable come with the (AES) game itself ? I can't imagine it being supplied in the old style case, so I'm wondering...

I have 2 home systems and 2 tv's so it's definitly getting time to finally buy this great game buttrock
Don't think it comes with the game - afaik it is just a standard lead with headphone type sockets at either end (although I might be wrong on this, anyone know for sure?). I really want to try this out when I get the chance, League Bowling is a lot of fun buttrock

As for the serial number thing I'm sure I remember someone else who tested the link up mode mentioning this... I have no idea though.

Tsuyugasumi

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I have two League Bowling's but one AES! :D
Would love to do a link up? But as my 2nd League Bowling is just about to part my company... Its going to be a while before I can try :(

Btw I am pretty certain its just a standard headphone style lead with the sockets at either end also.

deffty

Kula's Candy
Razoola:
Are you sure about this? I ask because I did not know the serial number is hard coded somewhere in the NeoGeo system... You have any more info on this because it would be nice to have the serial number displayed on screen in the UNIVERSE BIOS.
Raz
For the serial number things, I linked and tested with 4 different system, mainly- 05XXXX , 06XXXX , 12XXXX and 20XXXX.
eek!
The 05XXXX always start the first and second player, followed by 06XXXX, 12XXXX then 20XXXX.
20XXXX always started third and fourth players.
I won't be able to used 1st player and second player on 20XXXX unless I can find a higher serial than it.(Maybe a 30XXXX)

The serial number embedded onto the system is what I can think off as it shouldn't be the AES cart as I swapped over and the results is the same. :o

This test also cannot be 100% verifed as all the system had been modded with debug, don't know if the bottom case(with the serial#) had been swapped?

Not sure how it determine when linked to MVS as I only got a one slot, cannot prove anything.
Anbody with 4 system, 2 TV, 2 bowling games can verifed what I just say?

Summary- Useless findings and don't think anybody care about this. loco

leGionellz:
The cable does not come with the Bowling game, SNK never provided them. spock
Reasons- not many people have 2 Neo geo systems, 2 TV, 2 AES Bowling and 4 controllers when the game come out.(Its fucking expensive to have all the basic requirements) :(

Beside you can get it cheaply at any electrical stores.
:)
Its just a stereo to stereo cable- same as a Walkman earphones except both ends with a stereo jack.

I want more 4 players for Neo geo!! give me a 4 players Metal slug 5 or Sengoku 4. buttrock

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Let me get this straight..The "AES" League Bowling cart comes with the ports for a link cable like an MVS cart...?

If it does..
Can I link The cab using a MVS League bowling cart to my AES system to the AES League Bowling cart.

Shoot if I could do that then all I need is an AES version of League Bowling and the wire.
That would be awesome..
I'm thinking I have to get another MVS cart,Supergun,or Converter to play this linked.

Since the AES cart does not have the Beer frame in it..will AES ans MVS work with each other being made different?..
>>>I'm Lost..

Can someone break it down..what works with what..

<small>[ April 01, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: chris1 ]</small>

deffty

Kula's Candy
chris1:
Let me get this straight..The "AES" League Bowling cart comes with the ports for a link cable like an MVS cart...?

If it does..
Can I link The cab using a MVS League bowling cart to my AES system to the AES League Bowling cart.

Shoot if I could do that then all I need is an AES version of League Bowling and the wire.
That would be awesome..
I'm thinking I have to get another MVS cart,Supergun,or Converter to play this linked.

Since the AES cart does not have the Beer frame in it..will AES ans MVS work with each other being made different?..
>>>I'm Lost..

Can someone break it down..what works with what..
1)Yes, the AES cart comes with the Link cable function like the MVS.
See pictures;
<a href="http://deffty1.tripod.com/Bowling.html" target="_blank">Bowling Link</a>

2)You can link MVS to MVS, MVS to AES or AES to AES.
You can link whatever you perfer, AES to Supergun(MVS slot), MVS slot to AES using MVS bowling via phantom1 etc.. as long as the bowling cart(AES or MVS) has the comunication link input.

You can play in different modes eek! => MVS with AES mode, with 2 different language (Bios)=>US and Japan.
See my first post on top.

I seen one bowling without the input jack, should be a bootleg.
annoyed

3)Not really understand this question, what is a beer frame? Are you refering to the Link input jack? See Answers (2).

Hopes it helps.
wink

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
WoW! you are Great..Pics too..Awesome..
I have a pic of the link cord I need too..Wow!..
Great.
All I need to get now is a AES League Bowling cart and the wire...Awesome.

The Beer frame is just something that comes on the screen in the MVS version of the game providing you put it on in the soft dip settings.

It's just a screen that plays before you Bowl I thing at the 7th frame.
I'm a Bowler.while we are Bowling if we call a Beer frame and we all throw strikes the person who doesn't throw a strike has to go to the Bar and buy drinks for everyone..
We never go threw with it but it makes people try harder.
I guess they did this on MVS carts so if the cab was in a Bar..Someone could use this option to get people to buy more drinks...hmmm.

I read that the AES cart does not offer Beer Frame..
It's a setting in the soft dip on a MVS cart..now I never had the AES version so I don't know if it's in the options.

Since you linked the AES to mVS carts then I know they will work together..i guess this goes for Riding hero too.
I was wondering what happens if I had the settings on Beer frame in the MVS cart and linked to an AES cart what would happen..Would the game that starts first determine if the Beer frame mode screen was included.

<small>[ April 01, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: chris1 ]</small>