Luna - Amazon's cloud gaming service

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So has anyone gotten an invite to sign up yet?

I got mine this week and am thinking on getting the controller, but leaning pretty heavy to not at the moment.

I didn't opt in for the Ubisoft package so I can't comment on that.

As far as the basic service goes, it looks like there are 66 playable games or collections.

Mostly it all looks like the same stuff you see on Game Pass or in the online store on Xbox. Some of them maybe unique but I didn't see anything I recognized as such.

I understand it's still early and not really fully up and running yet, but I am kind of underwhelmed at the line up of games.

However it's cheap, but may not be worth the price for anyone who already has Game Pass. I suppose part of the attraction is being able to play anywhere kind of thing but that does nothing for me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So the future looks like Luna, Stadia & xCloud with GeForce NOW and Steam something the former three will eat up soon. Ahh... and where's Sony? Eaten up by Big N ;).

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
why exactly does 'cloud' gaming exist?

What they tell you: "unlimited" processing capability, "console-level gaming on the go"
Why they're actually doing it: Subscription-based model is more profitable than one-time purchases and you'll eventually be locked into their ecosystem

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
the day stuff doesn't even run in your own machine anymore is the day I give up on contemporary video gaming. Thank god there's good videogames of old in a quantity enough to last more than 1 pathetic lifetime.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So the future looks like Luna, Stadia & xCloud with GeForce NOW and Steam something the former three will eat up soon. Ahh... and where's Sony? Eaten up by Big N ;).

You're giving Google entirely too much credit.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, after a week, there just wasn't enough there yet to hold my interest. I opted not to bother buying the controller and let my beta free trial expire. Maybe it will be worth having when it is fully up and running with more stuff, but as for now it is not at all impressive.