Neo Geo MVS Dimensions

orc.one

n00b
Working on a project. Since I don't have any MVS PCBs myself, I was wondering if there were some place where I could find the following information:

I'm looking for dimensions of most PCB variants (including the multi-slots), and the positions of the cart slots.

Normally I expect to find this with a search engine, but for some reason, my google-fu only gives me cart dimensions.

—Scott

orc.one

n00b
It does! Here's what I have so far:

Neo Geo Arcade MVS PCB Dimensions in mm
PCB typedepthwidthheightnotes
MV-138029094(source)
MV-1A25019086
MV-1AX*** not found *** (are these the same?)
MV-1B266125100(source)
MV-1C22017090
MV-1F29029094
MV-1FS*** not found *** (no pdf)
MV-1FZ25019086
MV-1T*** not found *** (no pdf)
MV-2*** not found *** (no pdf)
MV-2F*** not found ***
MV-4F*** not found ***
MV-4T*** not found *** (no pdf)
MV-6F47038060 (85?)(source)

[thead]

[/thead]

Though none of this gives me more than an impression of where the cart slots actually are on the PCBs.

(I swear there is a practical reason for asking, but I'm not in the habit of letting on what I'm doing until I've done at least something worth showing.)

—Scott

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Cart slot location? I assume you are making an enclosure or something?

orc.one

n00b
Cart slot location? I assume you are making an enclosure or something?

Making, no, at least not yet. That would depend on the cost, and I'm thinking about stainless steel.

But designing, yes. I suppose it might be a hybrid of cabinetry or consolization, but I'm taking inspiration from big iron from the early 90s by considering some sort of backplane arch for several PCBs, not just NG.

orc.one

n00b
I've started settling on a design language for the cases, one of which could be built to accommodate more than a single arcade PCB (and more than just Neo Geo stuff) by combining access to a supergun via some sort of backplane. Not sure yet how many to accommodate yet.

Along those lines, I've started calling the cases project Martensite, and the backplane/innards project Zorch.

orc.one

n00b
Thank you! The link you provided fills out two more PCB dimensions. I've edited the post above to reflect this, in case anyone else might need this (and am creating a thread over on my own site to document the design and any construction).