should i rid myself of the Saturn?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
For some reason it's not working out for me I'm unable to get the games I want don't know why should I keep it or sell it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
if you have a compatible saturn, there are mods to let you boot games via SD card. I admit, a lot of the big ticket shooters are way over my price point, and even moreso in the last few years.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My Saturn would be the last system I would consider getting rid of.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Some people in this world just aren't cut out for the saturn.

THIS

IS

COOL

xorthen

Banned
Saturn is too powerful for you to handle. It destroys you all.

But yeah man, keep that bitch. Learn to do the swap trick if you can't afford to mod it yourself. It's pretty easy to tape down the part that tells the lens that the door is shut.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Mod and play burns. Stop trying to make people rich.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
You better be glad Segata Sanshiro is dead.
If he saw this thread, he'd beat respect for the Sega Saturn into your body.

Remember "Play until your fingers break!"

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If you're about having a clean system and buying games and you're already on the fence, just get out, waffling does you no good. If you don't want to pad the pocket of shills, mod it, tape the thing and use burns, or if it's the right one, get the SD card setup going and screw the system and enjoy the games. Sega isn't going to care, seriously, they already let atgames as it is advertise you can warez their Genesis/MD games and run them on a SD card with that handheld of theirs. :) No reason logically to pay the wrong people for the right game given how awful the prices are. Sega is kind of like a hit and miss Nintendo feeding frenzy of the awful -- GG and Gen is cheap, more niche stuff and failed systems you pay up for, sometimes far too much.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You better be glad Segata Sanshiro is dead.
If he saw this thread, he'd beat respect for the Sega Saturn into your body.

Remember "Play until your fingers break!"

The best I can do within the constraints of vbulletin formatting:

FADE IN:

EXT. MIDDLE CLASS HOUSE - NIGHT

The interior lights of the house are all off. The night is lit only by a single porch light, and the soft glow of a basement window. The faint sound of typing can be heard.

DISSOLVE TO:​

INT. MIDDLE CLASS HOUSE - BASEMENT - NIGHT

The basement is lit by a single reading lamp in a far corner of the room, and the soft glow of a computer monitor. The camera slowly zooms in from directly behind a young man (NGCDFreak) sitting at his computer. He's wearing a LINKIN PARK t-shirt, sweat shorts, and white tube socks. He speaks in broken english as he types.

NGCDFREAK
Hey guys, should i rid myself of the Saturn?
For some reason it's not working out for me.
I'm unable to get the games I want, and
don't know why should I keep it or sell it.​

CUT TO:​

The basement door, as lit by the ambient light in the room. There is a faint glow emanating from under the door, and two dark spots make it look like someone is standing on the other side. Almost immediately, the door is kicked open with great force.

A close-up of a Japanese man's (SEGATA SANSHIRO) face. He has long sideburns and a pompadour haircut. Although it is a tight shot, we can see just enough of his upper body to know that he is wearing a judogi. He appears stern, but not angry. He stares at the young man in the chair. No, he stares through the young man in the chair.

The young man in the chair has pivoted around to see who kicked the door in. His face betrays his fear, and he has slunk down into his chair, with his body turned slightly to the side.

NGCDFREAK
Segata Sanshiro...​

Segata Sanshiro raises his hands above his head, and runs straight at NGCDFreak.

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Haaaaa!​

In one swift move, he pulls him out of the chair and on to the ground, and immediately has him in a Bret Hart-style sleeper hold, before switching to an armbar tapout move. As the man bends the boy's arm, one can hear what sounds like stretching taffy.

The beaten boy is now lying in a heap of his own tears and failure on the floor of his parents' basement. He barely has the strength to lift his head up off of the stained shag carpet and utter:

NEOGEOCDFREAK (ALMOST IN A WHIMPER)

Segata Sanshiro...​

Low shot of Segata Sanshiro. He his holding a Sega Saturn in one hand. Extending it out forcefully as if shoving it in NGCDFreak's face:

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Sega Saturn SHIRO!​

Game footage of one of the many games that NGCDFreak is being too much of a pussy to play, accompanied by a high-energy V.O. description, all in Japanese.

The same shot of the basement door, as Segata Sanshiro slowly walks out. We can only see the outline of his form, as he is being lit from directly ahead.

SEGATA SANSHIRO (ALMOST GRUNTING)
Sega Saturn...​

FADE OUT

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I've decided to hold onto it thanks Jib plus I hate Linkin park.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

FADE IN:

The interior lights of the house are all off. The night is lit only by a single porch light, and the soft glow of a basement window. The faint sound of typing can be heard.

The basement is lit by a single reading lamp in a far corner of the room, and the soft glow of a computer monitor. The camera slowly zooms in from directly behind a young man (NGCDFreak) sitting at his computer. He's wearing a LINKIN PARK t-shirt, sweat shorts, and white tube socks. He speaks in broken english as he types.

NGCDFREAK

The basement door, as lit by the ambient light in the room. There is a faint glow emanating from under the door, and two dark spots make it look like someone is standing on the other side. Almost immediately, the door is kicked open with great force.

A close-up of a Japanese man's (SEGATA SANSHIRO) face. He has long sideburns and a pompadour haircut. Although it is a tight shot, we can see just enough of his upper body to know that he is wearing a judogi. He appears stern, but not angry. He stares at the young man in the chair. No, he stares through the young man in the chair.

The young man in the chair has pivoted around to see who kicked the door in. His face betrays his fear, and he has slunk down into his chair, with his body turned slightly to the side.

NGCDFREAK
Segata Sanshiro...​

Segata Sanshiro raises his hands above his head, and runs straight at NGCDFreak.

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Haaaaa!​

In one swift move, he pulls him out of the chair and on to the ground, and immediately has him in a Bret Hart-style sleeper hold, before switching to an armbar tapout move. As the man bends the boy's arm, one can hear what sounds like stretching taffy.

The beaten boy is now lying in a heap of his own tears and failure on the floor of his parents' basement. He barely has the strength to lift his head up off of the stained shag carpet and utter:

Segata Sanshiro...​

Low shot of Segata Sanshiro. He his holding a Sega Saturn in one hand. Extending it out forcefully as if shoving it in NGCDFreak's face:

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Sega Saturn SHIRO!​

Game footage of one of the many games that NGCDFreak is being too much of a pussy to play, accompanied by a high-energy V.O. description, all in Japanese.

The same shot of the basement door, as Segata Sanshiro slowly walks out. We can only see the outline of his form, as he is being lit from directly ahead.

Sega Saturn...​

thefinalonefl4.gif

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Japanese Sega Saturn was probably the best console for Arcade fans ever.

Off topic shill for derby games:
saturnskeleton03.jpg

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy

FADE IN:

NGCDFREAK

NGCDFREAK
Segata Sanshiro...​

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Haaaaa!​

Segata Sanshiro...​

SEGATA SANSHIRO
Sega Saturn SHIRO!​

Sega Saturn...​

Wow. I didn't read it all (way too long) but I know quality when I skim past it.

Good game.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Why do you make one of these threads every few months? You obviously get bored of your stuff and sell it every few months, but before hand you come here looking for justification. Maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I've decided to hold onto it thanks Jib plus I hate Linkin park.

What games did you get the Saturn for?

Many decent games can be found below $100 if you are patient: Salamander Deluxe Pack, Panzer Dragoon, PD Zwei, Tomb Raider, Rayman, Darkstalkers, SF Collection, Virtua Fighter 2

Also, Guardian Heroes JP version can be gotten for a LOT cheaper then the US version, though the US version is still buyable.... I mean people spend more money on a modern game + Season Passes.