Weird EBay Issue

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So I won two auctions last night for two import GameCube games. One was $6.00 and the other was $2.00. Each one had SAL shipping attached to it for 3.90. I went to pay for the item and the seller had invoiced me for the games as follows:

Games $8.00
Shipping $3.90
Seller charge 11.90

What is this seller charge? Was he not happy with the prices he got so he jacked up the price?

*Edit*

Another storage thing I noticed is that the seller has changed the item so that I can't pay for it via eBay Mobile and there is now an option to cancel the sale. So is this guy trying to force me to back out of the sale?

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
If the "seller charge" wasn't stipulated in the auction then you should tell him to send the correct invoice. Tell him that you're going to contact eBay if he doesn't. He can't change the listing once the item is sold, this is against eBay poilicy. He also can't cancel the auction if you don't agree to cancel it. The system won't let him do that anyway.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
looks like the seller charge should be the total?...is it just some Engrish, maybe? like, I charge you.

if I'm wrong ebay won't force you to pay more? unless its in the description but I don't think it works like that {hidden fees} they are even getting strict on overpriced ''hidden'' bloated shipping?

did you go through to paypal to check already?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So I won two auctions last night for two import GameCube games. One was $6.00 and the other was $2.00. Each one had SAL shipping attached to it for 3.90. I went to pay for the item and the seller had invoiced me for the games as follows:

Games $8.00
Shipping $3.90
Seller charge 11.90

What is this seller charge? Was he not happy with the prices he got so he jacked up the price?

*Edit*

Another storage thing I noticed is that the seller has changed the item so that I can't pay for it via eBay Mobile and there is now an option to cancel the sale. So is this guy trying to force me to back out of the sale?

The games + shipping = seller charge. Is he asking for $11.90 or for $23.80?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The games + shipping = seller charge. Is he asking for $11.90 or for $23.80?

He's asking for 23.80. When I checked it before the invoice was made it was 15.80 which was the price of the games and the two shipping charges. Typically with Japanese sellers I give them 12 hours to figure out the combined SAL shipping. Don't know what this guy is doing. I just find it weird that I was given the option to cancel the sale, as I've never seen that button show up before.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Fuck ebay and all their bullshit. I've been selling my games to Gamestop lately as I get close to the same as ebay without all the fees.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
He's asking for 23.80. When I checked it before the invoice was made it was 15.80 which was the price of the games and the two shipping charges. Typically with Japanese sellers I give them 12 hours to figure out the combined SAL shipping. Don't know what this guy is doing. I just find it weird that I was given the option to cancel the sale, as I've never seen that button show up before.

That is really weird, keep us posted on the outcome.

Fuck ebay and all their bullshit. I've been selling my games to Gamestop lately as I get close to the same as ebay without all the fees.

You should try selling games on here.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Seller got back to me. Said he wasn't exactly sure how you "work" EBay. After several back and forth emails I got tired of it and just offered to pay the 15.80. He got me a correct invoice an hour later. I do t think I'll ever see these games, but well see.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Seller got back to me. Said he wasn't exactly sure how you "work" EBay. After several back and forth emails I got tired of it and just offered to pay the 15.80. He got me a correct invoice an hour later. I do t think I'll ever see these games, but well see.

good luck. even the guys exporting to the states are getting scammy these days.

fun side note- I ordered a high quality group of 150 sfc titles from a distributer that i have used before that were all cib for windy. the price was great especially considering the overall quality of the lot (all the rockmans, good group of shmups, not very text based, etc..). the box showed up and boom. it was just the boxes. the asshole pulled all the carts from this lot of complete stuff. thats a fun way to lose $700.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

fun side note- I ordered a high quality group of 150 sfc titles from a distributer that i have used before that were all cib for windy. the price was great especially considering the overall quality of the lot (all the rockmans, good group of shmups, not very text based, etc..). the box showed up and boom. it was just the boxes. the asshole pulled all the carts from this lot of complete stuff. thats a fun way to lose $700.

That's some fucking bullshit. You can probably still sell the boxes and recoup some of the money.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That's some fucking bullshit. You can probably still sell the boxes and recoup some of the money.

i took what loose titles i had to complete the boxes, and the others been filling as the titles came in. but yeah - im still a bit salty about it. especially since i used that distributer before with no issues.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

oh wow man, that's some bullshit.

if it makes you feel any better, that guy got hit by a bus today.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Games $8.00
Shipping $3.90
Seller charge 11.90

*Edit*

Normally the "seller charge" is just whatever markup/inflation there is included in the shipping cost. There shouldn't be a separate "seller charge" for that rip-off, it should be included in the shipping cost.

if I'm wrong ebay won't force you to pay more? unless its in the description but I don't think it works like that {hidden fees} they are even getting strict on overpriced ''hidden'' bloated shipping?
Ebay can't get strict on shipping costs, that's why it's such a problem. How can you prove what it cost a seller to pack and send an item? And it includes their time as well.

Last edited: