The King of Fighters 2000 (AES)

Lashen

n00b
I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum, wasn't sure where it should go.

I am but a lowly peasant who does not normally collect AES games (often ports), but have made an exception for my favorite game.

I won an auction for The King of Fighters 2000 (Japanese), complete for a little over over $160.00 USD. Everything is in damn good shape and checks out visually, but I have some questions:

http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=Picture_077_003.jpg&username=dbleagle10&aid=703730197

This was bought for collection purposes and I do not own an AES to play it with, but am concerned about it being either fake or damaged.

First off, how likely is it that Japanese KoF 2000 AES carts on eBay turn up as fake? (I understand there is some controversy over the US release.) Other listings seem to sell for over $200.00 USD, but I won an auction so I don't believe that the low price should raise suspicion unless someone knows something I don't.

The cart rattles inside, but it's not as though there's a small piece broken inside. It's heavy, like the board inside is a little loose. Is this common or of any concern?

Lastly—and possibly my most ignorant question—when you look under (where part of the board is exposed) you can see into the shell a little. Is this also normal?

Many thanks for your time, guys.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't think that you gonna find many conversions/counterfeits of any AES cart that goes for this price. I'd say any games below $200 usually doesn't worth bootleggers's time. They 'd rather make more Metal Slug, Garou or in this particular case, english KOF 2000 instead.

And yeah AES carts are noisy, its nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
They all rattle :)
It is highly highly unlikely that anyone would make a conversion of a japanese kof 2000!Not much room for profit you see...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Do you plan on buying an AES? Seems kinda odd to buy a game you're not going to play.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It's only going to go up in value and you really should buy some more games. AES > 401(k) for your future any day of the week.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I don't think that you gonna find many conversions/counterfeits of any AES cart that goes for this price. I'd say any games below $200 usually doesn't worth bootleggers's time. They 'd rather make more Metal Slug, Garou or in this particular case, english KOF 2000 instead.

And yeah AES carts are noisy, its nothing to worry about.

Wasn't there some idiot on ebay who recently bootlegged a sub-$200 cart?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You spent $160 on a game you can't play? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Lashen

n00b
Why stop there? Using that logic everyone here is borderline retarded for using anything other than emulation.

So, no one sees anything questionable with the images I linked to?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are a lot of borderline retarded people here, yes. But spending money on a video game you can't possibly play is crossing the line into full retard.

Also, emulation sucks.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
A lot of people buy things they can't use but enjoy looking at. It's his money. I own Swedish Dala and German Nutrackers. The Dala do nothing but sit on a shelf, the nutcrackers don't crack nuts - but I enjoy them. People pay thousands of dollars for paint jobs and it doesn't improve performance of their car.

On topic - no concerns, OP. A few lower value carts (sub $500) are being booted but there is simply no profit in this game at this time.

Lashen

n00b
Fairly certain crossing over to full retard is letting $160.00 come between you and entertainment when your only argument is "emulation sucks." Jesus Christ.

Really appreciate the help I did receive, but I'm also reminded why I've rarely posted here. This place isn't for me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Fairly certain crossing over to full retard is letting $160.00 come between you and entertainment when your only argument is "emulation sucks." Jesus Christ.

Really appreciate the help I did receive, but I'm also reminded why I've rarely posted here. This place isn't for me.

I'm not even bashing your purchase, I would just think if you have no intention of playing it why not buy something that you would get enjoyment out of? I just never understood the collector mentality is all. I mean you have guys here that buy games and then sell off the collection 6 months later. Only to complain that prices have gone up :/ but like MJ said, it's your dinero and you will do as you please with it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This was bought for collection purposes and I do not own an AES to play it with.

...................................................................................LOL

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What entertainment value? YOU CAN'T PLAY IT. The entire purpose of a video game is to play it. It's an electronic toy. If you had a home cart system I wouldn't be giving you shit.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What entertainment value? YOU CAN'T PLAY IT. The entire purpose of a video game is to play it. It's an electronic toy. If you had a home cart system I wouldn't be giving you shit.
I get buying a game before getting the system if I know I am getting the system soon and will then have something to play. Not buy the damn thing, seal it up and stare at it on my shelf.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
A lot of people buy things they can't use but enjoy looking at. It's his money. I own Swedish Dala and German Nutrackers. The Dala do nothing but sit on a shelf, the nutcrackers don't crack nuts - but I enjoy them. People pay thousands of dollars for paint jobs and it doesn't improve performance of their car.

On topic - no concerns, OP. A few lower value carts (sub $500) are being booted but there is simply no profit in this game at this time.

Well said, It's his money. I guess it's no different then some comic book collector having a valuable comic sitting in some plastic case he can't read. I actually enjoy playing my aes games, but that's me.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The first rule of NG.com is do not talk about not playing games. Everyone here feels Jewish guilt about it (especially Shroom) so it's best not to mention it (like ze var).