RPG's

TheWizard

n00b
I didn't see a thread for RPG's out there, and since it's one of the most popular genres of gaming, I though "what the heck"

So, what RPG's are you playing? Right now, I'm playing Final Fantasy 2 for the Famicom. Great game, though there is quite a bit of grinding involved...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Going through FF 4 for like the 100th time. Playing on the psp for about two hours a night before I fall asleep in bed. I'm at hour 15 so I should be getting to the moon soon. Otherwise I don't play them often anymore, mostly play shmups and action games.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Going through FF 4 for like the 100th time. Playing on the psp for about two hours a night before I fall asleep in bed. I'm at hour 15 so I should be getting to the moon soon. Otherwise I don't play them often anymore, mostly play shmups and action games.

So much for your break from this place. You're an animal! :D

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Been playing Mana Khemia for the PS2. I'm 4 hours in and so far I'm not to impressed. I got it because of its raving reviews online and awesome 2D art style. But as of this point. The game kinda sucks...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
RPGs always suck me in. Just recently finished Tales of the Abyss and now on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Such a great game.

I love them but the time commitments are becoming more and more of a deterrent. I used to see 70+ hour games as a challenge, now I see it as omg do o have time for this any more.

TheWizard

n00b

Finally someone else who likes 4. All of my friends boast about 13 and it gets incredibly annoying. I say the first eight are by far the best.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm a light RPG'er I love Gauntlet Legends on N64 & Gauntlet D.L. on Xbox. About to get Daiblo 3 for the 360 what's you guys opinion on it? It to me looks like a game that will suck you in for a long time. Kinda scared to get it in a way.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
So many games have rpg elements these days. I'm almost through Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the fourth time. I play Warframe daily. Then there's Mercenary Kings on occasion. If those action/rpg games don't qualify...I'm also switching between FFX HD, Child of Light, and Persona 4: Golden whenever the mood for traditional strikes me.

Then there's Diablo III on PS4 in a couple weeks. Very excited.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Shit yeah, Panda! That's what's in my PSP right now too! My favorite Final Fantasy by far.

Next I'm going to do another run of FF1, with 4 white mages, my favorite party! Gives a decent challenge! (still easy on PSP version compared to NES)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I like the JRPGs.

Been playing Wild Arms on the PSP I got for .99.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm trying to figure out which (J)RPG to spend the next few weeks with. Tales of Vesperia, Xillia, Symphonia (have to buy that one though), Guided Fate Paradox or something else entirely. I just can't seem to get back into FFX even though it looks sweeeet in HD.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Finally someone else who likes 4. All of my friends boast about 13 and it gets incredibly annoying. I say the first eight are by far the best.

6 is the best. 8 is garbage.

FF6 > FF4 :D

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I may be alone, but FFV is my favorite of the SNES FF games and IX is my favorite of the PS games. I love their style and quirkyness and can't stay away from playing them over and over.

Also, the battle with Neo Ex-Death is stupid hard compared to other final bosses in the FF series.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I may be alone, but FFV is my favorite of the SNES FF games and IX is my favorite of the PS games. I love their style and quirkyness and can't stay away from playing them over and over.

Also, the battle with Neo Ex-Death is stupid hard compared to other final bosses in the FF series.

V is good gameplay wise, but the story is kinda weak.
IX has a good story and memorable characters like Vivi.

I got stuck on a boss in Conception II and took a break from it for awhile. Anybody else playing it? It's basically a poor man's Persona 3-4.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Only game I've played any at all the past couple weeks is Xcom enemy unknown. Had rent not been due, I would have picked up FF3 when it was half off on humble bundle. Still thinking of picking up legend of heroes on steam maybe this weekend.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
My all time favorite RPG is Wild Arms 2. I've said this in another thread but it brought me back into RPGs once I got a PS1 in 2000. I used to play the heck out of FFVII and VIII on PC but it didn't keep me in like Wild Arms 2 did.

Only other RPG I played was Valkyria Chronicles and that game is the shiz! I spent a LOT of time on it when I first got it last year. VK2 isn't AS good but it's still fun.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I just picked up Tales of Xillia from the bargain bin. Looks to be fun, I love my JRPGs.

TheWizard

n00b
8 is garbage.

How can a game be garbage if it got a 9/10 review on IGN, and is raved about by people who haven't even played the game. I've never played it, but I have friends who say it's great.

A better way to word your disfastisfaction for a game would be simply "I don't like it." But don't speak for all of us by saying it's 'garbage.'

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Check out Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 on PS2. The first one was a low budget game, but the story and writing were great, and the fights were fun. The second (titled Shadow Hearts Covenant) is excellent in all aspects. A hidden gem in the genre.

Also, Golden Sun series.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
How can a game be garbage if it got a 9/10 review on IGN, and is raved about by people who haven't even played the game. I've never played it, but I have friends who say it's great.

A better way to word your disfastisfaction for a game would be simply "I don't like it." But don't speak for all of us by saying it's 'garbage.'

It's an odd ball final fantasy, it's considered the black sheep (apart from 2).

That ign review is no longer valid, it was made over 10 years ago. You get your mp from like monsters and stuff. If your in an area with no mp monsters. Good luck backtracking. 9 is also good too.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Generally we just do the vanilla secretary role play but the other night we tried a Game of thrones one which was cool. I got to be the imp.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Generally we just do the vanilla secretary role play but the other night we tried a Game of thrones one which was cool. I got to be the imp.

You and the wife, huh? Do tell. This interests me far more than JRPG discussion.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Check out Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 on PS2. The first one was a low budget game, but the story and writing were great, and the fights were fun. The second (titled Shadow Hearts Covenant) is excellent in all aspects. A hidden gem in the genre.

Gospel truth. Preach it, brother.

Also, Final Fantasy VIII is good.

noCLip

Camel Slug
Im about to start Bravely Default on 3ds
I never finished Ni No Kuni on ps3 which i am ashamed of, maybe ill go back to it soon