Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I don't have an issue with them not limiting their AES releases, if it is decided and stated upfront. But as mentioned in an earlier post when NGDEV asked for input, its in their best interest to limit the release. Collectors are finicky and knowing something is limited and will not be made available again is a big incentive to buy a copy. That is one of the driving forces behind collecting. Knowing you have in your possession an item of value that is desired by others.

Xian Xi expressed concern about limiting it to a set number and having it sell out to quick, hindering some people from getting a copy potentially. The way they are doing it now allows for anyone who wants a limited copy to grab one without worrying about not getting xxx/100 copies available. Hence, if 500 people want a copy 500 would be available, but if only 100 order, then it will be at 100.

I missed the 1 week pre-order special, guess I will have to pay 20 euros more now :(

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think with the later releases they will get more business and the pre-order is working good right now. I think AES is the one they are limiting to 100 and they said MVS can go up to 150 but they only ordered 100 assembled so anything over the 100 will be assembled by NGDEV.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I missed the 1 week pre-order special, guess I will have to pay 20 euros more now :(

MotherFUCK...

I Didn't even know there was a special. Was it just for the AES/MVS ?

Hopefully it didn't effect all us peasants buying the DC version.

Fritz

15 Year Member
I think it was only the AES version, not sure if they had a special for the MVS also that expired. DC version I don't think changed in price at all.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
MotherFUCK...

I Didn't even know there was a special. Was it just for the AES/MVS ?

Hopefully it didn't effect all us peasants buying the DC version.

See, there're potentially many more copies NGDEV can sell if they allow more time. I want both MVS and AES but I can't see myself shelling out for both at the moment (just preordered one). If they set a number out front, like 300 - 500, even if they can't sell that many right away (ready for rerun), like 150 for the first run, 150 for next, etc, I don't think it's an issue. I doubt NGDEV will turn away opportunities to sell another 100 copies for next run, they'll just keep making more until the set number is met. I know many collectors want as few as possible, an opportunity to flip for profit, but if someone will get rich for this, why not NGDEV instead of flippers.

Now, did I just trigger the drama alarm?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I know many collectors want as few as possible, an opportunity to flip for profit, but if someone will get rich for this, why not NGDEV instead of flippers.

Quite wise words. Work must be acknowledged instead speculation. At least for MVS.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
See, there're potentially many more copies NGDEV can sell if they allow more time. I want both MVS and AES but I can't see myself shelling out for both at the moment (just preordered one). If they set a number out front, like 300 - 500, even if they can't sell that many right away (ready for rerun), like 150 for the first run, 150 for next, etc, I don't think it's an issue. I doubt NGDEV will turn away opportunities to sell another 100 copies for next run, they'll just keep making more until the set number is met. I know many collectors want as few as possible, an opportunity to flip for profit, but if someone will get rich for this, why not NGDEV instead of flippers.

I like the rerun idea, as long as the make different covers to set them apart.

JS

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
stickers or whatever (good idea), but there's a lot of people that don't have the money NOW

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just make your Christmas list a bit shorter and use the resulted savings to make the preorder. XD

Fritz

15 Year Member
Like crossing everyone off my list for the next 5 years. Sorry dad, couldn't buy you anything this year, still paying off my credit card from a $650 video game purchase.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Like crossing everyone off my list for the next 5 years. Sorry dad, couldn't buy you anything this year, still paying off my credit card from a $650 video game for a 20 year old system.

Edit!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ya know what's funny? Someone mentioned that the preorder price of PS Vita 3G on P-A is 420 Euros as well. Looks like the next gen stuff is just as expensive.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Just had pre-order japan version AES :)
Prices can be high cost but it's very nice to see AES market continues to exist.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Dear customers,

we decided the final production numbers for our Gunlord games:

Gunlord DC "Dragon Box" Collector's Edition : 300 units worldwide (50% are left)

Gunlord AES/Homecart LE English+Japanese : 120 units worldwide (both combined) (25% are left)

Gunlord MVS Shockbox LE : 60 units worldwide (30% are left)

As soon as those are sold out they go out of print. Remaining stocks will be auctioned on Yahoo Japan in 2012.

Btw.:
Fast Striker MVS LE is sold out / out of print
Last Hope Pink Bullets MVS LE will be soon gone too, only a handful of units are left.

Best regards,
NG: DEV.TEAM

P.S:
we will soon start "early bird" pre-orders for Fast Striker AES and Last Hope: Pink Bullets AES.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Any chance to see what the jp ngh box artwork looks like?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Would Gun Lord AES be classed as an EER game on the price guide (120 copies)? NGF have classed Last Hope AES as EER (60 copies) on their rip off version of the price guide.

[removethispart]www.neogeo[removethispart]freak.com/price_guide.htm

Does anyone know the rough numbers of copies in existence for each category on the price guide, eg. EC, C, U, R, ER, EER, EER2?

Personally I think Last Hope AES should be added to the price guide at some stage, because it's not a bootleg (and it's not an unauthorized release of an SNK game).

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you're waiting after Xmas, you're gonna need a YHJ account.

Status
Not open for further replies.